Gase and Dolphins at a Crossroads | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase and Dolphins at a Crossroads

The Jay trade is a message to the entire locker room. He wasn't following his instructions, he didn't study the playbook enough, and he handled his disagreements over his role the wrong way. This trade makes clear that Gase's way is THE way and no one is bigger than that.

Plus Jay's going to be chirping for a big contract this winter when his knees are already mostly used up. (Pretty sure he's DNP'ed every Thursday practice this season.)

Contract issues aside, why not just suspend him for a few games for conduct detrimental to the team? This sends just as strong of a message.

Philly is the best team record wise at this point and will likey pick 28-32.
We traded essentially for a 5th round pick.
He is a very good back and was worth more. This trade seems like a hasty move even if Gase didnt like him or wanted to send a message.
If the team lays another egg, it would have been a poor decision on Gase part and yhe perception that Gase doesnt have the respect of the team.
From a players perspective, going to a winning team might ve desirable.
Philly was in disarray after Chip Kelly, look at them now. The Fins problems are much deeper than Ajayi or the oline

I believe it is for their 2nd of 4 4th rounders (from Minnesota I believe) so it may end up a few picks higher...Try not to get too excited with this fantastic news haha

Pardon me, wasn't Ajayi a 5th rounder that we got a 4th for? A guy that they left at home for last years opener? A guy that won't pass block? A guy who apparently does not know the playbook?

I still think this could have been a good year offensively for us if we had a QB starting would could audible effectively pre-snap. Tannehill was becoming so good at that and he could have killed a lot of the plays at the line this year where the box was stacked if he was starting. Sadly Cutler isn't all that good at it and Moore is god awful at pre-snap recognition. This just proves how important QB play is in Gases offense.

A lot of those bad plays were run into bad situations because Jay Ajayi was having a little titty attack over his carries.

I'm not sure why everyone here continues to put this 100% on Gase, as if Tennebaum is mutually exclusive of any player movements that happen. It's 50/50 Gase and the FO. People need to stop acting like this is 100% Gase.

Some people need to stop defending Gase when he makes questionable moves. He was obviously a big part of the decision to move Ajayi.
If Gase felt strongly about him, he would still be here.
So we have another hole on the team. What else is new.
Drake and Williams are back ups. Ajayi was a starting north / south back.
We have a trash oline and Cutler/Moore playing poorly.
This move will hurt any chance we had of a winning season (how remote a thought that could be).

Ajayi was a game changing player, when he got rolling defenses were afraid to tackle him and despite his poor average we're probably 3-4 right now without him. Huge difference. Philly's opponents are going to be in a serious pickle, got to respect Wentz, but also if Ajayi gets into the second level its going to be a long day for them.

I will watch Philly's run this year and root for them to make it to the super bowl.
Hopefully Ajayi plays a part in helping them beat the Patriots.

Some people need to stop defending Gase when he makes questionable moves. He was obviously a big part of the decision to move Ajayi.
This move will hurt any chance we had of a winning season (how remote a thought that could be).
I hope you're not insinuating I have exonerated Gase. Also Clearly the season is done for with this stupid move.

Oh,
I will watch Philly's run this year and root for them to make it to the super bowl.
Hopefully Ajayi plays a part in helping them beat the Patriots.
Oh Ajayi will run them all the way to the superbowl. If Philly wasn't the NFC favorite they sure as hell are now!

I could be wrong, but I think things reached a breaking point where Ajyai didn't want to do as our coaches asked. Couple that with his me first attitude and temper tantrums about not getting the ball enough and I think Gase decided he wasn't going to reward that kind of behavior and not play him. If that is the case, you might as well trade him if you can. People need to stop defending players who are selfish, don't listen to their coaches, fail to study game tape and their playbook, can't catch, and generally have a piss poor attitude.

Is Drake comparable to Lamar Miller - a speedy back that can't take it b/w the tackles? I know he got injured like 7 times while at Alabama and that was as the #2 guy.

It is so hard sometimes being a Dolphins fan. Finally the team gets that big, physical back the kind that can wear defenses down and they trade him for a fourth rounder.

I know Jay Ajayi wasn't the most consistent guy around. He didn't catch the ball well out of the backfield either, which limited his value. But, it's hard to follow blockers or have great vision when the wall in front of you is the opponent. How many times have we seen the run blown up behind the line of scrimmage?

Looking for any positives here. I think the draft is pretty loaded with running backs and that has to now be considered a big need for the Dolphins. Hopefully the team can find a complete back pretty early in the draft. Barkley, Guice, Chubb are all potential first rounders.

Adam Gase is clearly at a crossroads and it will be interesting to see how the team responds the rest of the season. Sure Miami is 4-3, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if the Dolphins ended 6-10. The remainder of the schedule features two games each against Buffalo and New England.

Gase deserves the chance to get his type of players on the team and his results have been surprisingly good in his first year and a half. That said, this move feels more like Joe Philibin who couldn't get along with Brandon Marshall or Vontae Davis. The team didn't fare well in either of those moves. It's hard not to see the Eagles getting the better value here.

I believe that if they gave philbin time they have to give Gase time also. It’s sucks Ajayi got traded only because I just got a signed jersey. But, he was not doing anything special. Is it his fault or the oline. The person I don’t like is pouncey, we will really see if he got the message. I know it’s a business, but if the team is down and the offense is not moving the ball, how can you be on the bench laughing and having a good time. That’s not a leader, and is clearly just a money guy. I think gase is doing the right thing, and there are still a lot of Ireland/philbin guys on this team. After year four, if the improvements are not seen then move on. But gase needs time to build his player personal.

Your QB'S are getting knocked out of the games especially with Williams in there so that should answer your oline questions. Like I said eith no rushing threat our QBs are about to go from a world of hurt to a lot worse, if they can stay on the field.

If we are to believe Gase then the bottom line is that Ajayi turned into an ***hole who was all about himself, his carries and his everything else. It was all about Ajayi who must have got a big head when he started doing well and getting all the attention. We are being asked to believe that we are a BETTER TEAM WITHOUT AJAYI. That's a bunch of bull because we all know that's not true, WE ARE MUCH WORSE WITHOUT AJAYI. It's not even close, the guy has the heart of a lion, he busts tackles like nobody we've seen in a Dolphin uniform since Rickey Williams or Larry Czonka. He is all about effort in games where it matters the most. Gase should have benched him for a game or two and work things out so you don't GIVE AWAY A STAR PLAYER. If you're the Miami Dolphins and you've been so pathetic drafting for so many years and your 5th round pick turns into a Pro Bowl player who is capable of 200+ games when he has holes to run through you do anything to keep him on YOUR TEAM making plays. It's going to be very upsetting to watch Ajayi blast through holes in an Eagle uniform. He'll be a star in Philidelphia, he'll play in Super Bowls and Pro Bowls, and we'll be the complete fools that felt that we had to trade him, it was too hard to corral his enthusiasm. We also checked into trading Landry?????????????????????? What the hell is wrong with this franchise? Gase has a lot to prove Sunday night, as pissed as I am about the Ajayi trade I'm rooting for Gase all the way to come out of this 5-3 and for Kenyon Drake to be our new star RB. I don't know which team is going to show up tomorrow but I'm running low on faith. Spot light on Gase and the Dolphins vs. a very talented Raider team that's off to a tough start and very hungry for a win. I wish I felt better about the team but I just don't. This was a stupid trade, downright stupefying.

Back
Top Bottom