Gase is done | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

I'm sure you meant DC since Schwartz is a DC.

No I meant lets stop going for the boy wonder OC's as a HC thinking it will make an offense and pick a HC we think is just a good HC even if he is on the D side then just let him bring in a legit OC to run the offense.
I did state that incorrectly in original post
Schwartz has been great this year on the Eagles and I want his style in Miami.

Broke ribs are no joke. His "happy feet" and experience behind this O-Line is ingrained by now. Get the snap, look and bail. Cutler sleeps in the fetal position at night.

He was doing it before the cracked ribs. His throwing platform is ****. He falls away from the LOS when he throws and has been doing it since preseason

Watch the Monday night game again. Watch the All-22 if you have the subscription.

Guys were running country mile open out there and it was basically a coin flip as to whether or not Cutler could get them the ball. There were plays to be made, they simply weren't being made consistently.

If that's how the #1 defense in the NFL covers guys when they know what's coming, then boy, I have a thing or two to learn about football.

Thank god you re-watched the game as well!! I seen multiple plays Cutler missed for whatever reason and dumped it off instead. If people honestly think Gase doesn't call anything deep then just go back and look at the tape. It's on Cutler who I supported and happened to eat some crow. The guy is a bum and if people are wanting to fire Gase because he tried to salvage the season then he has about the shortest leash a Head Coach has EVER had. The guy's been here for a year and a hlf, has a winning record, and brought us to the playoffs with a terrible defense. The problem is if Gase didn't try to get someone, we would all be pissed. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. There's like 10-12 coaches at least that should be fired before even talking about Gase. I know we're all very pissed but we shouldn't blame the coach every loss especially before even looking at the tape. PHINS UP Brother!!

I did not rewatch the game. It could clearly be seen on the broadcast and we were laughing about it in vip chat. The panthers secondary was getting abused for a lot of the night and the Jay was throwing worm burners and ball boy dodgeballs.

I have a question for the Gase/Tannenbaum supporters, in the past two years how has the offensive line improved?

The Ever Logical VIPER

Go back and watch games 1 through 5 from 2016 and tell me it didnt improve since then

You don't blame the players for quitting? The heck I do. All of them. There's just no excuse for quitting. I'm not quitting my job either just cause some co-worker is not doing his job properly.

No I was just pissed and in the moment. Of course, there's no excuses for quitting. I'm a poor sport and would be at the point of no return after watching Cutler give them the game and not give a damn. But no it's stupid and foolish to quit. I should have said "I don't agree but understand why they're playing half speed." My mistake

I did not rewatch the game. It could clearly be seen on the broadcast and we were laughing about it in vip chat. The panthers secondary was getting abused for a lot of the night and the Jay was throwing worm burners and ball boy dodgeballs.

Go back and watch games 1 through 5 from 2016 and tell me it didnt improve since then

Our O-Line has improved since Turner and Thomas finally got released. That's just obvious lol Cutler has had time and many opportunities to actually throw the deep ball. It's on him when he decides to dump the ball off forego one on one coverage while our talented receivers just get a year older. Cutler has such bad mechanics it's almost amazing how he ever completed a deep ball. He literally leans back to throw even when he has time and a lane to throw through. It's Gase's fault for not running onto the field to say "throw the ball dummy." Fire him NOW!! LOL

There have been some irresponsible contracts given out the past few years, and SUH tops the list. How can we continue to have this 28 million dollar man and still have a terrible "D" each year he has been here. His contract alone could net Miami 2 guards and a center. Tannebaum's seat should be the hot seat, not Gase. Though I do think Gase has really really struggled with play calling, any offensive coordinator running this offense would be fired. Can we go out and get a proven defensive coordinator instead of trying to create one or promote someone without any previous experience as the head defensive honcho????? If Gase is behind the mentioned moves, his seat should be hot as well!

I endorsed the Cutler signing, and I feel like a ****ing moron. A straight up moron.

He is so washed up it's not even funny. He's got Kenny Stills running free on a 10 yard crosser, with green grass in front of him and in a perfectly acceptable pocket Cutler gets happy feet and starts shifting around into the pressure and then lofts air mail that sails into the ground. ****ing awful. That's a Blake Bortles or Brock Osweiler throw.

Julius Thomas streaking wide open on the sideline against some 36 year old guy who was dying on the field, the ball lands OUT OF BOUNDS. Not even close. Andy Dalton throw.

He's Blake Bortles with better coverage reads, that's it. I am still laughing at the dumbass Monday Night crew talking about Miami's tough decision coming up on Jay Cutler. What tough decision? The receivers have deserved blame at times for dropping passes or CLEARLY misreading coverages and breaking their routes the wrong way, but come on man. I saw the best constructed pass offense I've seen in a long *** time from the Dolphins Monday night, but the quarterback can only hit the broad side of a barn at ten yards. And even then, it's not always the case.

The OL play was no worse than it was after the dredlocked turnstile twins got cut. If anything, the pass protection was better on Monday night since the backs actually picked up their god damn blitzers.

No amount of weaselly, passive-aggressive drive-by sniping is going to change any of this. Hoops was right about Cutler and I was wrong, and it was on full display Monday night.

Yup!! I'm eating crow as we speak. Cutler is a total bum who cannot throw a deep ball. The differences between Tannehill and Cutler have really opened my eyes to how vital it is having a good QB is in today's NFL. Things have changed and we're witnessing it. Little things like running for a first down, having confidence, and not be 0-27 on 3rd and 11 yds+. It's going to be great next year actually being excited to have the ball on offense again. My stomach drops every time we're on offense. Last year with Tannehill, I was confident that we'd score or at the very least be productive on each drive. Our execution is horrible and it mostly has to do with Cutler not being able to connect on anything over 20 yds unless it's garbage time or our receivers make a ridiculous catch. Only 7 more games then back to the non-Cutler Dolphins!!

I mentioned this yesterday. Guys were running open, more open than I had seen in a long time, but the QB couldn't get them the ball. He also almost got Landry killed...led him right into the safety. That collision happened right in front of me. We would definitely be doing better with Tannehill at QB but that doesn't take away from the fact that the O-line has been awful (which is a bigger detriment to Cutler than it was to Tannehill cause Tannehill can throw much better on the run), we can't run the ball consistently and we have to dumb down an offense for a team in it's second year running the offense. There are a lot of issues with the QB, at this point, not being the major one.

Oh great. You were at the game? So Gase did call plays longer than 5 yds?

Well you are correct Sir.

The Ever Contrite VIPER

Oh great. You were at the game? So Gase did call plays longer than 5 yds?
He did...and I also noticed the expression on Landry's face when Cutler threw a terrible pass on a 3rd and 5 when Cutler could have easily run for the 1st down. I also saw Kenny Stills face when Cutler over threw him by a mile...nothing but green grass in front of him. That was two drives that would have ended up with FGs at least....Stills probably scores. Cutler runs for a 1st we're in FG range for Parkey.

But overall 10 more points looks good on the scoreboard but it doesn't fix how bad the defense has been, doesn't fix the crappy run blocking. I thought the O-line did a decent job of pass blocking from what I could see but I could only see half the field standing on the sideline.

Back
Top Bottom