Gase is done | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase is done

There’s nothing wrong with the play calling. We had guys open all night the damn qb couldn’t hit the back side of a barn

The 4th and short fail was a rpo qb chose the inside hand off.

Int qb stares down the corner route from the tight end mike lb just reads his eyes and continues to flow underneath of it no head and eyes in center of the field in drop

Someone who was actually at the game even said Cutler had open receivers all night. He has no velocity anymore. It's a floating duck waiting to get someone killed (and almost did). I could totally understand putting Gase on a short leash if we had Tannehill this year. People blame Gase for trying to win and in doing so Cutler failed him. Look at the Texans and Packers without their QBs. Packers are 1-3 with a lucky win vs the Bears (they got screwed on a replay). The Texans are 0-2 with a 33-7 thrashing from the Rams. I guess the same "backup Qb excuse" doesn't apply to us. We have some high expectations if a coach with a winning record is on the hot seat. We need to let a coach actually build his team. We made the playoffs last year (it's hard to be lucky 10 wins) and are only a game out this year with Jay Cutler.

He did...and I also noticed the expression on Landry's face when Cutler threw a terrible pass on a 3rd and 5 when Cutler could have easily run for the 1st down. I also saw Kenny Stills face when Cutler over threw him by a mile...nothing but green grass in front of him. That was two drives that would have ended up with FGs at least....Stills probably scores. Cutler runs for a 1st we're in FG range for Parkey.

But overall 10 more points looks good on the scoreboard but it doesn't fix how bad the defense has been, doesn't fix the crappy run blocking. I thought the O-line did a decent job of pass blocking from what I could see but I could only see half the field standing on the sideline.

That's great you seen how pissed they were when Cutler failed them lol Well that puts to rest the theory that Gase only calls dink and dunk plays. Cutler just missed them because he's a bad QB. All those little things you mentioned are reasons why I think it's absurd to call for the coach's head. He can't make Jay Cutler make an accurate pass or find the open receiver. A lot of what you said were momentum killers. We all know how important momentum is in any sport especially football. I lost it after Cutler decided to not run for the easy first down which just takes the air right out of the players. My first words after cursing Cutler was "there's the difference between keeping a drive alive with Tannehill and wasting one with Cutler. BTW, how did Drake look in person?

That's great you seen how pissed they were when Cutler failed them lol Well that puts to rest the theory that Gase only calls dink and dunk plays. Cutler just missed them because he's a bad QB. All those little things you mentioned are reasons why I think it's absurd to call for the coach's head. He can't make Jay Cutler make an accurate pass or find the open receiver. A lot of what you said were momentum killers. We all know how important momentum is in any sport especially football. I lost it after Cutler decided to not run for the easy first down which just takes the air right out of the players. My first words after cursing Cutler was "there's the difference between keeping a drive alive with Tannehill and wasting one with Cutler. BTW, how did Drake look in person?
Small lol. I was actually pretty surprised that these guys didn't look as big in person as I had thought. Drake is built like a WR...he's slight of build. Kiko is too. Doesn't look like a guy that weighs 230 lbs. Drake is fast though.

Here's Kenny Stills...and him and Drake are pretty close in build actually. I took this pic when they were stretching. I have a whole bunch more in the VIP section.

IMG_0711.jpg

Small lol. I was actually pretty surprised that these guys didn't look as big in person as I had thought. Drake is built like a WR...he's slight of build. Kiko is too. Doesn't look like a guy that weighs 230 lbs. Drake is fast though.

Here's Kenny Stills...and him and Drake are pretty close in build actually. I took this pic when they were stretching. I have a whole bunch more in the VIP section.

IMG_0711.jpg

That's awesome brother!! I'm sorry you had to see that performance but you def are a true fan which I appreciate. I've never met Drake but I have Stills. Stills is just as big as Drake? Wow, I'm shocked. I'm glad you still enjoyed yourself and came on to explain some things we weren't seeing. It really helps putting things into proper perspective. You have a great one brother!! PHINS UP!!

This is why Gase gets no pass from me and why I don’t blame the defense or anyone else that gives up on Gase and quits.

Exactly, I feel the same. Never a mention that his binky Cutler is just playing brutally bad football. none. Because that would mean taking responsibility.

IMG_0711.jpg

well in fairness you look and are built like shrek

Seriously, that is your excuse? What is your position at Davie anyway? Does the team just plant you on this board 24/7 to defend everything this organization does?
Do you just freak out constantly? Or, is it 25 games into a coach's career (14-10 reg.season/0-1 playoffs) that gives one the confidence to rip on someone who still displays faith?

Exactly. There has never been a coach that has been able to "win" with Cutler behind center. Not sure why everyone was expecting something different now that the guy is older and more useless.

Well, that's not really true, Lovie Smith had 3 good years with him and Chicago failed Cutler 5 of his 8 years being unable to protect him Not going to claim to be a bears expert but a quick look at the numbers combined with when I did watch Cutler with interest from 09-12 it was clear to me he was not the problem. Yeah hes not elite, never has been and hes going to have some terrible throws and plays that leave you dumbfounded but he can lead a team to a winning record

Here's the thing, JTD:

Gase wanted Cutler.

So Gase must bear the blame for Cutler being bad.

There was no other option. Matt Moore is done and Kaepernick made ****ing pro Castro comments. That argument doesn't even make sense. Gase's job is to win games! He brought in a guy he knew welll and who had a good season with him. There was no qb they could have signed better than Cutler.

If Gase named Moore and brought in no name QB Y as the backup we'd be complaining how bad they are! And what a stupid move that was!

There was no other option. Matt Moore is done and Kaepernick made ****ing pro Castro comments. That argument doesn't even make sense. Gase's job is to win games! He brought in a guy he knew welll and who had a good season with him. There was no qb they could have signed better than Cutler.

If Gase named Moore and brought in no name QB Y as the backup we'd be complaining how bad they are! And what a stupid move that was!

I thought Cutler was the best move at the time personally, but the fact is that Cutler has been bad and we're now 10 million dollars poorer in cap space. The person who made the decision to bring in Cutler needs to be the one who is held accountable for it.

Should we fire him over it? No. But we should remember that he was the one who drove a personnel move that turned out to be a net negative for the team.

The only thing gase is gonna get out of this year is a pass for losing his qb in training camp.

He did what he could to not try to interfere with the offense by design too much and he couldn’t have known cutler had checked out on contact to make plays and his flat footed fast ball was gone.

Unless it was evident on his 2015 Chicago tape which I can’t speak to.

And no one who endorsed cutler given the offense fit and gases ability to limit qb exposure as a play caller evident when tanny went down last year should hang their head for it.

We got dealt a bad hand. Qb attrition has killed many seasons already this year. We just never even got to the regular season with ours.

And if you bring in a established guy as a emergency starter you are gonna pay him market rate. Cutler wasn’t coming here for dirt money

The jets paid a washed up Brett Favre quality starter money. As did the Vikings

Even if we were 4-5 with Tannehill, i think Gase's job would be safe. That said, he needs to be prepared if Tannehill goes down again.

Back
Top Bottom