Gase Needs to... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase Needs to...

IIRC, Gaine is the " 1 year Interim GM"; being as though Rick Smith was dealing with personal issues and would take a year off of his GM duties.

I didn't realize that but they did sign him to a 5 year contract. it will still be interesting to see how he does.

Gase better see the writing on the wall pronto–if he wants to be back in 2019
In conclusion, here’s PhinsNews home-brewed list of mistakes Gase must remedy

• Stop signing veteran players that are far removed from their best days.
  • Ditch the “strategy” of paying players high guaranteed money.
  • Forget project players in your top 4 picks.
  • Start thinking like an HC and stop acting like an OC.
  • Drop the music in practices and talking trash with your players.
  • Layoff being the players peer and start being their leader.
  • End being silent when a player commits a penalty.
  • Halt being soft on players who cross the line… no matter who they are.
  • Put a screeching halt to arguing with players like an OC.
  • Quit choosing pedigree and talent over committed, hard working, and smart.
  • Most of all, stop hiring friends and start hiring the best.
More at LINK: https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-mistakes-must-fixed-gase-not-doubled/

I agree! Your thoughts...

Very few of your statements are attributable to the head coach. Not good! Most of your statements that are attributable are opinions with very little support. Finally, absolute statements are not a good idea. I get that you think he is making a large number mistakes. You asked what we thought, so I disagree strongly with your analysis. Maybe if you said the Dolphins organization needs to ... I would have a better opinion of your position.

"Layoff being the players peer and start being their leader".

This.

He is like the past series of coaches in that he also gets WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too high after a win.

When they barely win games, he acts like they blew the opponent out.

He is not tough enough on his QB's.

BUT... I would keep him even if they don't make the playoffs next year.

I'd like to see him muscle out t-bomb.

They need to draft the team HE wants, not keep trying to be paper champions every off season.

They consistently sign the wrong free agent vets & over pay them

Gase better see the writing on the wall pronto–if he wants to be back in 2019
In conclusion, here’s PhinsNews home-brewed list of mistakes Gase must remedy

• Stop signing veteran players that are far removed from their best days.
  • Ditch the “strategy” of paying players high guaranteed money.
  • Forget project players in your top 4 picks.
  • Start thinking like an HC and stop acting like an OC.
  • Drop the music in practices and talking trash with your players.
  • Layoff being the players peer and start being their leader.
  • End being silent when a player commits a penalty.
  • Halt being soft on players who cross the line… no matter who they are.
  • Put a screeching halt to arguing with players like an OC.
  • Quit choosing pedigree and talent over committed, hard working, and smart.
  • Most of all, stop hiring friends and start hiring the best.
More at LINK: https://www.phinsnews.com/miami-dolphins-news-mistakes-must-fixed-gase-not-doubled/

I agree! Your thoughts...

1. Tannebaum and Grier
2. Tannebaum and Grier
3. Agree but again Grier and Tannebaum
4. Examples him not doing that?
5. Music at practices doesn't win\lose games. does it? Just makes the practices more enjoyable
6. How do we know he's friends with his players? Have there been reports of them hanging out after work?
7. Gase doesn't seem like the type of guy to be afraid to get on a player for penalties.
8. What player was he soft on? Was he soft on Ajayi when he requested he be traded? Was he soft of Billy Turner and Dallas Thomas when he traded them?

Gase needs to realize you can't plug a 33 year old tackle into RG when he's already on his last leg and expect to have a good offensive line.

Consistent winning replaces all that crap.

There are different coaching styles that work. The bottom line, though, is the team has to be strong in the trenches. You simply don't get far if you don't have talent there.

Saying that, I do agree that Gase needs to make some changes. But he doesn't have a stacked deck either in terms of talent.

T-bum is the problem. He only gives mediocre teams , and destroys the cap. Ross had failed hiring him. There's not much Gase can do. He will never have the players to win a Super Bowl with T-Bum. That's a fact.

T-bum is the problem. He only gives mediocre teams , and destroys the cap. Ross had failed hiring him. There's not much Gase can do. He will never have the players to win a Super Bowl with T-Bum. That's a fact.

When you have an owner who thinks TannenBUM is a football expert, your team will go nowhere.

Because we won't draft a player like Fournette.

We think LINEMEN can be difference-makers.

Well I hate to be that guy but one of the biggest reason Jacksonville got instantly better was because of their defense. Campbell, Dareus and the improvement of their really young DEs. Fournette didn’t have a great year and didn’t by any means lead them to the playoffs.

Well I hate to be that guy but one of the biggest reason Jacksonville got instantly better was because of their defense. Campbell, Dareus and the improvement of their really young DEs. Fournette didn’t have a great year and didn’t by any means lead them to the playoffs.
Shhh. The trenches don't matter, remember? QBWinz. RBWinz. SlotReceiverWinz.

Back
Top Bottom