Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase on Tannehill: “I see him as our starting quarterback” in 2018.

I'm no expert, but I was an all-sec college athlete and a semi-pro mma fighter, I've seen a lot of injuries with the athletes I was around and experienced an ACL tear myself. Then an additional two surgeries on the same knee. I've done a LOT of research on the topic. I wasn't trying to be a douche about it, though. Hopefully it didn't come off that way.
It didn't come off that way to me and the poster you responded too seems like the type that appreciates legit information.

You are still missing the fact that you are gonna have to have the #1 pick to get fromm
That’s true, guess we’ll find out what these next 2 years this regime will bring. I’m hoping for the best but if it comes down to it and they are picking #1, Fromm should be the guy.

You're not answering my question. We're talking about talent on both sides of the ball. Both quarterbacks have been forced to run their passing offenses through Mike Wallace for two years. Which quarterback performed better? Which quarterback allowed Wallace to have more production?

Let's go, you guys wanted to talk about stats, let's talk about some god damn box scores.

Man, I would pay good money to see what Joe Flacco's passer efficiency numbers would look like with Brian ****ing Hartline and Davone Bess as his go to guys.

They're about on par with Boldin and Steve Smith.

You're not answering my question. We're talking about talent on both sides of the ball. Both quarterbacks have been forced to run their passing offenses through Mike Wallace for two years. Which quarterback performed better? Which quarterback allowed Wallace to have more production?

Let's go, you guys wanted to talk about stats, let's talk about some god damn box scores.

Man, I would pay good money to see what Joe Flacco's passer efficiency numbers would look like with Brian ****ing Hartline and Davone Bess as his go to guys.
Lol believe it or not Brian Hartline and Bess would have been #2, & #3 on that roster as well. Other than an aged Steve Smith, the only other WR worth talking about in Flacco era was Torrey Smith, and he doesn't even play for them anymore.

The question was about a franchise QB. Flacco has been seen as one of the faces of that franchise that has led it to success. Tannehill has not yet played in a single playoff game. He may be the better QB but we need to see him become the successful QB that people expect of him.

The question was about a franchise QB. Flacco has been seen as one of the faces of that franchise that has led it to success. Tannehill has not yet played in a single playoff game. He may be the better QB but we need to see him become the successful QB that people expect of him.
Right. Im not saying Tannehill cant be better, I think he has more upside but in terms of can you get me where I need to be??? I want Flacco, and I'm living with it.

Lol believe it or not Brian Hartline and Bess would have been #2, & #3 on that roster as well. Other than an aged Steve Smith, the only other WR worth talking about in Flacco era was Torrey Smith, and he doesn't even play for them anymore.

Boldin? Pitta?

All I'm saying is that the arguments don't add up. Which player has better stats over their entire careers? Ryan Tannehill. Which player's stats were trending up instead of down in their most recent seasons? Ryan Tannehill.

Even when you compare the talent the two players have had to work with... you certainly don't find an advantage in the corner of Ryan Tannehill. I mean heck, Bryant McKinnie was so bad that the Ravens traded him away for a bag of peanuts... to the Dolphins, for whom he was an instant starter and immediate upgrade. He then retired after the season, because he wasn't good enough to play in the NFL anymore. That is the talent that's surrounded the two players, in a nutshell.

So here I am, essentially bashing Joe Flacco, a quarterback that I think is OK -- well alright, he was mostly bad this season -- because the argument you presented was so lazy. 2 of the 3 criteria that were listed actually point to Ryan Tannehill being the better player. I don't think box scores tell the whole story, and I don't think numbers have meaning without context and understanding of football. But then again, I'm not the person who presented the argument.

I'm no expert, but I was an all-sec college athlete and a semi-pro mma fighter, I've seen a lot of injuries with the athletes I was around and experienced an ACL tear myself. Then an additional two surgeries on the same knee. I've done a LOT of research on the topic. I wasn't trying to be a douche about it, though. Hopefully it didn't come off that way.
Not at all.

This is the first thing I thought of when I heard 2 ACL tears. My understanding is that once it "Tears" as in separates from the bone, it must be reattached surgically. That's why I never understood how surgery was only an option. Unless it was a few millimeters or so.

Gase even said during his presser that he doesn’t look at it like 2 separate injuries

Back
Top Bottom