Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gase's Rebuilt Offense is going to shock the NFL

No. I didn't. Do I need to do something about it?

Actually congrats for advancing this far. Look thur the other contests to get an idea how to play and I would also thank the members who have voted for you so far.

http://finheaven.com/forums/finheaven-march-madness.7/

The next round starts Tuesday so good luck :thumbsup

Send me a personal message if you need more info.

Back to the thread topic.

Not falling for it this time. Been a Dolphins for a long time and I’ve heard this kind of thing before. I really thought we turned a corner in 2016 going 10-6 and I really thought we were going to build on that 2017. So I’m not buying into this hype! I want it see happen!

We SHOULD be much better with Tannehill taking over for Cutler. But... actually good? Gosh, I hope so, but there's still many reasons to be skeptical

I just hope we can keep the chains moving on 3rd downs 2-3 big TD’s a game is great but. Those 8 minute drives are way better as far as I’m concerned. Wear the defenses out.
I agree. I still think the running game is the key. I really like the explosion that Drake showed, but still think Miami needs that power runner to get those short-yardage gains at better than league average.

Hear this every year, and Miami always at the bottom of the league scoring points.

This "short rhythm passing game" didn't work for Philbin, and it won't work for Gase. When he was hired, Philbin described his offense as being dynamic, explosive, and high-scoring, but the result was the complete opposite. His "finesse" o-line was weak, constantly dominated by physical d-lines, couldn't run-block, and allowed Tannehill to be sacked more than any other QB over a 4 year period. When they actually had success running the ball, Philbin put an end to it (against the wishes of his buddy Sherman) because in his offense the short pass replaces the running game. Gase wants the same style of offense; he even admitted that he had to tell his former OC to remind him to run the ball as he didn't want to run. This team has had far too many 3 and outs and too few TDs under both Philbin and Gase; even Sparano's team was more successful. Tony's team easily moved between the 20s, but once in the red zone they had to settle for FGs instead of TDs because Ireland refused to use high draft picks on the offensive skill positions. Both Philbin and Gase have a better QB and WRs than Sparano did, yet they have trouble sustaining drives and reaching the red zone.

Why does this style of offense have such a hard time moving the ball and scoring consistently? Every defense knows that Miami is probably going to throw a short pass... especially if it's 3rd and long. When Miami does try to run, the RB is usually hit at or behind the line of scrimmage because the o-line can't block. (PFF had Miami's o-line rated as the worst for run-blocking.) So, opponents can stack the box, putting the defense in position to both stop the run and limit the yards after the catch for the receivers. Gaining yards after the catch is the end goal of the short pass based offense, and if the YAC is stuffed, the offense is ineffective. And, coincidental or not, both Philbin's and Gase's offenses have a bad habit of being unprepared at the start of games, and sometimes not even scoring until nearly half-time. What's even worse is that I've heard both Philbin's and Gase's defenses described as being built to be most effective when they're leading, yet the team is almost always behind (sometimes by a lot!) at half-time.

For the past 6 years the Dolphins have been running a low-scoring, easily defended offense and a mostly ineffective defense. I sure hope that Gase is going to change his offensive and defensive philosophies this year. Please... start establishing a strong running game and go deep more often! I'm sick of seeing too many punts on 4th down because they threw a 5 yard pass on 3rd and 10.

I just hope it's a good kind of shock as oppose to the shock we experienced during the 2007 season. I can do without being shockingly bad. It makes me raise an eye brow that the 2017 Dolphin offense only scored 14 more points than the 2007 offensive unit. I know our QB got injured but still, Gase is suppose to be an offensive guru. Even Philbin almighty got us to the #11 scoring offense in 2014.

Every off season bring new hope, and that hope comes down to a simple choice. You get busy cheering or you get busy drinking..

Back
Top Bottom