gators vs tide. everyone say goodbye to namor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

gators vs tide. everyone say goodbye to namor

i will pray that percy is ready this week. can't have the second most important player on your team out against alabama's d.

C'mon ercin13...I'm calling you out...make the bet.
Show you're support for the Gators.
I'll stay off Finheaven,if Fla puts up 44 on us,
You stay off if Bama wins.

Watch Bama win 45 to 44.....damn.

Without Harvin at 100%, it's going to be really tough for the Gates to score 44 points.

Just saying.

Gators would not score 44 points on the Tide with a 110% Harvin. Gator fans need a history lesson! Saban will have the D ready. Gators better get ready for some punch you in the mouth football!! Should be a great game regardless of the outcome

Gators would not score 44 points on the Tide with a 110% Harvin. Gator fans need a history lesson! Saban will have the D ready. Gators better get ready for some punch you in the mouth football!! Should be a great game regardless of the outcome

History lesson indeed....lol

Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech couldn't score 44 points on Alabama....

Everyone's going to see what seperates the men from the boys....

This is a mini-NFL defense Tebow and that Florida offense is going up against on December 6th....disciplined...tough...hard nosed...and fast.

Gators thought Ole Miss' front seven was good? lol

You can count on this.......more Gators than Percy Harvin will be hurt after this one....

Nick Saban and the Tide will destroy the gators on Saturday and somehow it will be shocking to most of the country.

History lesson indeed....lol

Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas Tech couldn't score 44 points on Alabama....

Everyone's going to see what seperates the men from the boys....

This is a mini-NFL defense Tebow and that Florida offense is going up against on December 6th....disciplined...tough...hard nosed...and fast.

Gators thought Ole Miss' front seven was good? lol

You can count on this.......more Gators than Percy Harvin will be hurt after this one....

Looks like someone else needs a history lesson too...

Alabama also had trouble with Ole Miss and only beat them by 4 points.

You know what, why don't we go ahead and look at all the common opponents:

Ole Miss
'Bama - 24-20
Florida - 31-30 L

Arkansas:
'Bama - 49-14
Gators - 38-7

LSU
'Bama - 27-21
Gatorts - 51-21

Bulldogs
'Bama - 41-30
Gators- 49-10

Kentucky
'Bama - 17-14
Florida - 63-5

Tennessee
'Bama - 29-9
Floirda - 30-6

So, by my calculation when looking at c1ommon opponents:
Florida points for/against = 261-79 (+182)
'Bama points for/against = 187-108 (+79)

So.. more than double point differential vs. common opponents. No comparison on offense, the gators are MUCH better, and even on defense they are marginally better having common opponents scoring almost 30 points less against them.

So please, now that we've had a real history lesson, explain to me how the 'Bama defense, which by the numbers against common opponents is not as good as the gator defense, is hoping to stop the gator offense which is BY FAR better... please, enlighten us (except Namor who I'm sure agrees with your half-baked dribble).

P.S. Lastly
I bring up the common opponents statistics because its more telling, in my opinion. But even in the season as a whole, the Florida offense averages 46.3 points per game vs. 'Bama's 32.1.....

Defense?
Dead even: 'Bama edges Florida 11.5 vs. 12.3 points per game.

Last little tid bit, lets look only at 1 game: The best OOC game:
Best Out of Conference Game
'Bama 34 - Clemson 10
Florida 45 - Florida State 15

How can you expect 'Bama to have a realistic shot? Don't get me wrong, they're a good team. They have the ability to beat Florida.... but there's no reason to think they would win the game more than 10% of the time! They are outmatched!

GO GATORS!

Looks like someone else needs a history lesson too...

Alabama also had trouble with Ole Miss and only beat them by 4 points.

You know what, why don't we go ahead and look at all the common opponents:

Ole Miss
'Bama - 24-20
Florida - 31-30 L

Arkansas:
'Bama - 49-14
Gators - 38-7

LSU
'Bama - 27-21
Gatorts - 51-21

Bulldogs
'Bama - 41-30
Gators- 49-10

Kentucky
'Bama - 17-14
Florida - 63-5

Tennessee
'Bama - 29-9
Floirda - 30-6

So, by my calculation when looking at c1ommon opponents:
Florida points for/against = 261-79 (+182)
'Bama points for/against = 187-108 (+79)

So.. more than double point differential vs. common opponents. No comparison on offense, the gators are MUCH better, and even on defense they are marginally better having common opponents scoring almost 30 points less against them.

So please, now that we've had a real history lesson, explain to me how the 'Bama defense, which by the numbers against common opponents is not as good as the gator defense, is hoping to stop the gator offense which is BY FAR better... please, enlighten us (except Namor who I'm sure agrees with your half-baked dribble).

P.S. Lastly
I bring up the common opponents statistics because its more telling, in my opinion. But even in the season as a whole, the Florida offense averages 46.3 points per game vs. 'Bama's 32.1.....

Defense?
Dead even: 'Bama edges Florida 11.5 vs. 12.3 points per game.

Last little tid bit, lets look only at 1 game: The best OOC game:
Best Out of Conference Game
'Bama 34 - Clemson 10
Florida 45 - Florida State 15

How can you expect 'Bama to have a realistic shot? Don't get me wrong, they're a good team. They have the ability to beat Florida.... but there's no reason to think they would win the game more than 10% of the time! They are outmatched!

GO GATORS!

Urban Meyer is one smug mf'er....(so is Saban for that matter) but Saban doesn't run up the score...unless he has to...which is what Florida has had to do.

We'll all see who is outmatched on Saturday....

Florida was a double digit favorite to Alabama in 1999....Bama went TO GAINESVILLE...and beat the Gators...

Miami was a double digit favorite over Alabama in 1992.....Tide rolled to a 34-13 victory in the Sugar Bowl....

Florida has been beaten...Alabama hasn't...

Alabama isn't going to score 60 points on you...that's not the type of team they are....they don't have to...

Alabama physically whips their opponents...literally...

Alabama can impose their will on Florida's undersized defensive line...if Florida can't get those speedy playmakers singled up out in space...they'll get beat...Tebow can't beat Alabama passing the football...

Saban will have something cooked up for Florida....count on it...Florida relies on big plays...Alabama is going to make them earn every yard...

Just a note on the Florida/South Carolina game....Florida scored 21 points in 16 seconds off mistakes by SC inside their own 35 yard line...in the worst coached game by Steve Spurrier I've ever seen (declining a penalty that would have put Florida in a 2nd and 20 situation instead of a 3rd and 6...which Florida converted...attempting the "Music City Miracle" inside their own 10 yard line....switching QB's on literally every play to start the game...etc..)

I don't even know why Alabama would show up for this game....Florida is clearly going to win going by points for/points against...

Back
Top Bottom