gators vs tide. everyone say goodbye to namor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

gators vs tide. everyone say goodbye to namor

Urban Meyer is one smug mf'er....(so is Saban for that matter) but Saban doesn't run up the score...unless he has to...which is what Florida has had to do.

We'll all see who is outmatched on Saturday....

Florida was a double digit favorite to Alabama in 1999....Bama went TO GAINESVILLE...and beat the Gators...

Miami was a double digit favorite over Alabama in 1992.....Tide rolled to a 34-13 victory in the Sugar Bowl....

Florida has been beaten...Alabama hasn't...

Alabama isn't going to score 60 points on you...that's not the type of team they are....they don't have to...

Alabama physically whips their opponents...literally...

Alabama can impose their will on Florida's undersized defensive line...if Florida can't get those speedy playmakers singled up out in space...they'll get beat...Tebow can't beat Alabama passing the football...

Saban will have something cooked up for Florida....count on it...Florida relies on big plays...Alabama is going to make them earn every yard...

Just a note on the Florida/South Carolina game....Florida scored 21 points in 16 seconds off mistakes by SC inside their own 35 yard line...in the worst coached game by Steve Spurrier I've ever seen (declining a penalty that would have put Florida in a 2nd and 20 situation instead of a 3rd and 6...which Florida converted...attempting the "Music City Miracle" inside their own 10 yard line....switching QB's on literally every play to start the game...etc..)

I don't even know why Alabama would show up for this game....Florida is clearly going to win going by points for/points against...

Give me a break. If they're so physical, then how come the Florida defense has faired better against common oppoenents? Explain that one.

Lastly, there are scant facts to back up your basis that they don't "run up the score" or play that kind of football that required high scores.

What about the:
- 26 (out of 36) points 'Bama put up in the second half against Auburn
- 20 (out of 32) second point half against Miss. State
- Lucky OT win against LSU
- 4 point win against Ole Miss (I guess Saban planned it like that)
- 3 point win against Kentucky (Another perfectly planned game?)

Against Arkansas State & Tennessee, the Tide ALSO put up most of its points in the 2nd half.

The only games where you guys really played a solid first half was against Clemson (exposed joke), Tulane (Powerhouse), Western Kentucky (wow), and Georgia... and in the Georgia game (I won't even talk about the 2nd half meltdown in that game.

Florida WILL score 60 points on you..... They don't have to, but that's the team they are.....

Please, why is Saban getting all the praise? He isn't any better than Meyer if we're comparing coaches. Didn't Meyer lead Utah to become the first ever BCS buster in only his 2nd year? Didn't he lead the Gators to the title in only his second year?

GO GATORS!

Give me a break. If they're so physical, then how come the Florida defense has faired better against common oppoenents? Explain that one.

Lastly, there are scant facts to back up your basis that they don't "run up the score" or play that kind of football that required high scores.

What about the:
- 26 (out of 36) points 'Bama put up in the second half against Auburn
- 20 (out of 32) second point half against Miss. State
- Lucky OT win against LSU
- 4 point win against Ole Miss (I guess Saban planned it like that)
- 3 point win against Kentucky (Another perfectly planned game?)

Against Arkansas State & Tennessee, the Tide ALSO put up most of its points in the 2nd half.

The only games where you guys really played a solid first half was against Clemson (exposed joke), Tulane (Powerhouse), Western Kentucky (wow), and Georgia... and in the Georgia game (I won't even talk about the 2nd half meltdown in that game.

Florida WILL score 60 points on you..... They don't have to, but that's the team they are.....

Please, why is Saban getting all the praise? He isn't any better than Meyer if we're comparing coaches. Didn't Meyer lead Utah to become the first ever BCS buster in only his 2nd year? Didn't he lead the Gators to the title in only his second year?

GO GATORS!

Saban did pour it on Auburn at the end....I read his lips during one of his sideline rants....."I hate them ****ers".....

That was for the fans.....the one's that have had to deal with 6 years of Tubberville running his yap...like I said...he does it when he has to...

Why did you leave out the first half of the Arkansas game?

Alabama was up 31-0 at halftime of the Georgia game....and the defense hasn't had a letdown in the second half since...they felt Saban's wrath...

Urban Meyer is a great coach....very innovative...but Florida can't outtalent Alabama like they do The Citadel and Hawaii....Meyer will have to outcoach a master in Nick Saban...and vice versa...

Both teams have dynamic returners on special teams (Brandon James and Javier Arenas)

Both teams have a great LB (Spikes and Rolando McClain)

After that...it's a classic contrast in styles, philosophies, and techniques..

I don't think the 60-80 yard big plays will be there that Florida is used to....not against Alabama...and Alabama won't help Florida by beating themselves i.e. South Carolina...

Tebow better have his chin strap buckled...

It's being dubbed the biggest sporting even in the city of Atlanta's history...the hottest ticket ever...

Bigger than the 1996 Olympics...bigger than any Braves playoff game...bigger than any Falcons game....bigger than any University of Georgia...or Georgia Tech University game...

Shame the stadium only has a capacity of 70,000 or so....

Supposedly, if Bama loses, then it's going to be Texas and Oklahoma for all the marbles in Miami.

The SEC title game is definitely one of the better matchups in awhile though.

Supposedly, if Bama loses, then it's going to be Texas and Oklahoma for all the marbles in Miami.

The SEC title game is definitely one of the better matchups in awhile though.

That's ESPN hype.

Texas is only .107 ahead of Florida in the BCS.

There is virtually no way Florida doesn't jump Texas with a win.

First, the Harris poll has 'Bama #1, Florida #2.... Texas #4. When (if) the Gators beat 'Bama then they will go WAAAY above Texas in the Harris because they will be the new #1.

In the Coaches Florida is only .0072 ahead of Florida... lead erased with even a small win by Florida since Texas is idle.

In the Computer polls Texas has a wide lead which the computers will, for sure, close or erase after Florida adds an extra victory against the #1 team.

No way its OU vs. Texas.. no way...

I say with or without Harvin Florida is just to good. Alabama wont know what hit em. I expect them to show the nation who the number one team is. And im not a Gator fan, its all about the U!!

I say with or without Harvin Florida is just to good. Alabama wont know what hit em. I expect them to show the nation who the number one team is. And im not a Gator fan, its all about the U!!

:rolleyes: whatever... the Tide did something Florida didn't do...they beat ole miss. I thought the scores against common opponents looked pretty even to me,given Alabama is primarily a run team and not a spread offense like Florida runs.

I think it's going to be a great game and I hope Bama wins!!! I think they are capable,they just need to play solid defense,limit mistakes and take advantage of Florida's mistakes.

I predict Alabama 45 Florida 38 :woot:

:rolleyes: whatever... the Tide did something Florida didn't do...they beat ole miss. I thought the scores against common opponents looked pretty even to me,given Alabama is primarily a run team and not a spread offense like Florida runs.

I think it's going to be a great game and I hope Bama wins!!! I think they are capable,they just need to play solid defense,limit mistakes and take advantage of Florida's mistakes.

I predict Alabama 45 Florida 38 :woot:
Looks even?
Tide is primariy a run team?

Almost twice as many points is NOT even.

Also, I'm glad that 'Bama is a run team...

Florida
Rushing Attempts: 459
Rush.Yards: 2845 (#1 in SEC)
Rush.Yards.Avg: 6.2 (#1 in SEC)
Rush.TD: 40 (#1 in SEC)

'Bama
Rushing Attempts: 502 (#1 in SEC)
Rush.Yards: 2418 (#2 SEC, 427 less than Florida)
Rush.Yards.Avg: 4.8 (#2 SEC, 1.4 yards less per carry than Florida)
Rush.TD: 30 (#2 SEC, 10 less than Florida)

Looks like someone else needs a history lesson too...

Alabama also had trouble with Ole Miss and only beat them by 4 points.

You know what, why don't we go ahead and look at all the common opponents:

Ole Miss
'Bama - 24-20
Florida - 31-30 L

Arkansas:
'Bama - 49-14
Gators - 38-7

LSU
'Bama - 27-21
Gatorts - 51-21

Bulldogs
'Bama - 41-30
Gators- 49-10

Kentucky
'Bama - 17-14
Florida - 63-5

Tennessee
'Bama - 29-9
Floirda - 30-6

So, by my calculation when looking at c1ommon opponents:
Florida points for/against = 261-79 (+182)
'Bama points for/against = 187-108 (+79)

So.. more than double point differential vs. common opponents. No comparison on offense, the gators are MUCH better, and even on defense they are marginally better having common opponents scoring almost 30 points less against them.

So please, now that we've had a real history lesson, explain to me how the 'Bama defense, which by the numbers against common opponents is not as good as the gator defense, is hoping to stop the gator offense which is BY FAR better... please, enlighten us (except Namor who I'm sure agrees with your half-baked dribble).

P.S. Lastly
I bring up the common opponents statistics because its more telling, in my opinion. But even in the season as a whole, the Florida offense averages 46.3 points per game vs. 'Bama's 32.1.....

Defense?
Dead even: 'Bama edges Florida 11.5 vs. 12.3 points per game.

Last little tid bit, lets look only at 1 game: The best OOC game:
Best Out of Conference Game
'Bama 34 - Clemson 10
Florida 45 - Florida State 15

How can you expect 'Bama to have a realistic shot? Don't get me wrong, they're a good team. They have the ability to beat Florida.... but there's no reason to think they would win the game more than 10% of the time! They are outmatched!

GO GATORS!

You will be alright once you realize kids play these games not f'ing calculators but since you like stats, here are some more. Enjoy!!

Offensive points scored in common games are almost identical in every game except LSU and Kentucky,where Fla scored 46 points more than Bama against Kentucky and 24 more points against LSU. Other than those two games point totals are almost identical Bama 143 FLA 148.

Looking at the OOC game it's almost identical. Bama scored 34 in a runaway and Fla scored 45, Bama gave up 10 Fla gave up 15. WHERE'S THE BIG DIFFERENCE?

Also Bama WON it's game against OLE MISS Fla LOST it's game,does that make a difference to you and your stats or do wins and losses not count in your world.

Record against common opponents:
Bama 7-0
Fla 6-1

We will see Saturday my friend win or lose I bleed crimson(literally):d-day:

ROLL TIDE ROLL

I meant, and said more than double the point DIFFERENTIAL.

I don't need to check my math, you need to check your reading comprehension.

Well I stand corrected,please accept my apologies kind sir...:up:

Tide wins Fla loses...:woot:

Florida has not been tested on the road....Alabama has won the biggest road tests so far this year...and won big everytime except for in Baton Rouge...

Florida has only been in one game where the outcome hung in the balance in the 4th quarter....and they lost...

Alabama is the best coached team in the country IMO...

Alabama is very familiar with the underdog role....they've won every game against ranked opponents on the road when they were the underdog...

According to the national media and on paper...Alabama doesn't belong on the field with Florida....

....this game will be played on field....

This game will be played on a field bama has already played on this year(the Georgia dome),I think that fact is over looked. They will probably have the same dressing room they had before and they know what it sounds like at full capacity,kind of like a home game!!

Back
Top Bottom