General NCAA thread | Page 24 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

General NCAA thread

Someone just compiled these comments on Gator Country, the first of them was written by me in the first half of the game:

In case you guys were worrying that this game would leave us wondering if we made the wrong decision letting Muschamp go, you can go ahead and quit worrying now.

Jameis threw for 125 yards and 4 picks and yet we still lost.

The story of Wills career

Yet again, and regardless that Muschamp coached the game away, there were some awful calls and non calls in blatant favor of FSU.

Incredible defense being displayed in the "Iron Bowl".

... college football :bobdole:

Don't you know? That's a classic game but if any 2 teams outside of the SEC played a game like that then all the SEC honks would scream "See no one can play defense like we can ha ha!".

The SEC is a good football conference and might even be the best conference, but they aren't "far and away" the best. From what I can see, all the power 5 conferences are about equal with maybe the SEC as slightly better. At least this season...

The SEC West is a good football division. The East is an abomination. Missouri won the East while really not being a very good team. Alabama will steamroll them on Saturday.

For someone who dislikes college football as much as you, I'm intrigued by how opinionated you are on it and how much you apparently watch it.

It seems like there were about half a dozen QB's in the NFL yesterday that threw for 5 or 6 touchdowns... including backups like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Perhaps you enjoyed the NFL's version of these defensive clinics instead.

Don't you know? That's a classic game but if any 2 teams outside of the SEC played a game like that then all the SEC honks would scream "See no one can play defense like we can ha ha!".

The SEC is a good football conference and might even be the best conference, but they aren't "far and away" the best. From what I can see, all the power 5 conferences are about equal with maybe the SEC as slightly better. At least this season...

Is that what fans of inferior conferences and irrelevant teams call fans of the SEC now? Interesting.

Fans of inferior conferences and irrelevant teams just sit around waiting for offensive games like this between two SEC teams so they can hurry up and get on the internet to say things like the post you just posted. Meanwhile, anytime there's a defensive clinic put on between two SEC teams, those same fans of inferior conferences and irrelevant teams hurry up and get on the internet to tell everyone how boring the game was, and how bad the offenses in the SEC are.

They can't make up their mind. Envy never facilitates a consistent argument.

Here's the deal. The winner of the Iron Bowl has played for the last 5 national championships. Possibly 6 consecutive times if Alabama can win two more games. It doesn't matter if it's a low scoring defensive battle or an offensive shootout.

Wasn't Louisville supposed to run Kentucky out of the stadium according to you? That's one of the 3 worst teams in the SEC this year that Louisville just barely scraped by. The point is, you never know what's going to happen with these instate rivalry games.

If there's a team from another conference outside of the SEC West that thinks they can play better offense or defense or both than Alabama or Auburn.... step right up and get some.

Some fairly big jobs should be open. Nebraska, Michigan (in theory), Florida.

I know what Michigan wants, and I have a list of who I'd like if that doesn't work out.

Nebraska is looking at Scott Frost and Pat Narduzzi mainly. I think the boosters want Frost while the AD wants Narduzzi

Florida I've heard rumors about, don't know who is true and not

Is that what fans of inferior conferences and irrelevant teams call fans of the SEC now? Interesting.

No that's what those fans that believe that football begins and ends with the SEC conference as a whole are called. I don't believe that to be the case this season. You aren't one of those fans because you watch all that college football and know that there's good and great football teams in other conferences. You know there's football outside of the SEC. You aren't a honk but you know as well as I do that there are plenty of SEC honks out there.

Fans of inferior conferences and irrelevant teams just sit around waiting for offensive games like this between two SEC teams so they can hurry up and get on the internet to say things like the post you just posted. Meanwhile, anytime there's a defensive clinic put on between two SEC teams, those same fans of inferior conferences and irrelevant teams hurry up and get on the internet to tell everyone how boring the game was, and how bad the offenses in the SEC are.

They can't make up their mind. Envy never facilitates a consistent argument.

I don't know that you'd call it "envy". I enjoy watching the SEC but I don't "envy" that conference anymore than any other. As far as sitting around waiting for offensive games like this, well most irrelevent fans don't have to wait long because there's game like this almost every week in the SEC. If there's one thing I envy, I guess I could say I wish Louisville was in the SEC East this season, it's a hell of a lot easier than the ACC Atlantic division.

Here's the deal. The winner of the Iron Bowl has played for the last 5 national championships. Possibly 6 consecutive times if Alabama can win two more games. It doesn't matter if it's a low scoring defensive battle or an offensive shootout.

Wasn't Louisville supposed to run Kentucky out of the stadium according to you? That's one of the 3 worst teams in the SEC this year that Louisville just barely scraped by. The point is, you never know what's going to happen with these instate rivalry games.

If there's a team from another conference outside of the SEC West that thinks they can play better offense or defense or both than Alabama or Auburn.... step right up and get some.

See that's the thing, at least for this season, I don't see that the other power 5 conferences are all that "inferior" to the SEC. But I notice that all you can site for the SEC is Bama and Auburn. Other than those two I don't see much in the SEC that is all that dangerous this season. And both Bama and Auburn has had their "inferior" moments this season. I've got a suspicion that we'll find a team that can play better and beat your Bama team in this 4 team playoff.

Don't get me wrong, I like SEC football (hell I even like Bama) but like I said, especially for this season, the SEC isn't far and away the best conference. I like your posts Ted and you seem like an alright guy but you can stop with the SEC condescention now. Your posts drip with it from time to time. Feel free to stand on that Bama superiority because they've earned it over the past few years, but the rest of the SEC? I'm not buying it. But hey what do I know, I'll just go back over here and cheer on my inferior school and team that will never even sniff the jock straps of all of you SEC powerhouses. I'll sit over here in the ACC with our back to back years of winning records against SEC opponents.

No that's what those fans that believe that football begins and ends with the SEC conference as a whole are called. I don't believe that to be the case this season. You aren't one of those fans because you watch all that college football and know that there's good and great football teams in other conferences. You know there's football outside of the SEC. You aren't a honk but you know as well as I do that there are plenty of SEC honks out there.

I don't know that you'd call it "envy". I enjoy watching the SEC but I don't "envy" that conference anymore than any other. As far as sitting around waiting for offensive games like this, well most irrelevent fans don't have to wait long because there's game like this almost every week in the SEC. If there's one thing I envy, I guess I could say I wish Louisville was in the SEC East this season, it's a hell of a lot easier than the ACC Atlantic division.

See that's the thing, at least for this season, I don't see that the other power 5 conferences are all that "inferior" to the SEC. But I notice that all you can site for the SEC is Bama and Auburn. Other than those two I don't see much in the SEC that is all that dangerous this season. And both Bama and Auburn has had their "inferior" moments this season. I've got a suspicion that we'll find a team that can play better and beat your Bama team in this 4 team playoff.

Don't get me wrong, I like SEC football (hell I even like Bama) but like I said, especially for this season, the SEC isn't far and away the best conference. I like your posts Ted and you seem like an alright guy but you can stop with the SEC condescention now. Your posts drip with it from time to time. Feel free to stand on that Bama superiority because they've earned it over the past few years, but the rest of the SEC? I'm not buying it. But hey what do I know, I'll just go back over here and cheer on my inferior school and team that will never even sniff the jock straps of all of you SEC powerhouses. I'll sit over here in the ACC with our back to back years of winning records against SEC opponents.
I grew up on Alabama and Florida football and have a ton of respect for the SEC. However, they are not as dominant, top to bottom, as some would like to believe. Here is a great article from ESPN, of all places, that puts things into perspective without disrespecting the SEC.

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=acc&i=FB&id=77864&w=1emup

That ESPN article was pretty weak. If the ACC sent a message to the SEC East.... the West didn't get it. The SEC West as a whole has only lost 4 games to teams besides other SEC West teams this year, and all 4 of those losses were to the two best teams in the SEC East (Missouri and Georgia). All 4 of those losses were by Arkansas, Auburn, and Texas A&M.

LSU is the worst team in the SEC West and they've already beaten Wisconsin... who's 60 minutes of football away from being the Big-Ten Champion.

Auburn went on the road and beat Kansas St.

There's really no need to even mention all of the other Conference Champions from non-BCS conferences that the SEC has already throttled this season in games that ended up not being close. Including a ranked Boise St.

The SEC West is 38-4 this season against teams not in the SEC West. 34-0 against teams from any other conference.

Whenever one of you get ready to bet some money on one of your suspicions against Alabama once this playoff begins, make sure to let me know. We can do it through the donation feature on this site. We'll do a $50 minimum/$250 maximum bet. Make it light on yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ESPN article was pretty weak. If the ACC sent a message to the SEC East.... the West didn't get it. The SEC West as a whole has only lost 4 games to teams besides other SEC West teams this year, and all 4 of those losses were to the two best teams in the SEC East (Missouri and Georgia). All 4 of those losses were by Arkansas, Auburn, and Texas A&M.

LSU is the worst team in the SEC West and they've already beaten Wisconsin... who's 60 minutes of football away from being the Big-Ten Champion.

Auburn went on the road and beat Kansas St.

There's really no need to even mention all of the other Conference Champions from non-BCS conferences that the SEC has already throttled this season in games that ended up not being close. Including a ranked Boise St.

The SEC West is 38-4 this season against teams not in the SEC West. 34-0 against teams from any other conference.

Whenever one of you get ready to bet some money on one of your suspicions against Alabama once this playoff begins, make sure to let me know. We can do it through the donation feature on this site. We'll do a $50 minimum/$250 maximum bet. Make it light on yourself.

I'll translate all of what you just said:

Alabama, Auburn, and LSU are really good at football, probably the best. The rest of the SEC? Well they're ok but they don't really matter.

I'll translate all of what you just said:

Alabama, Auburn, and LSU are really good at football, probably the best. The rest of the SEC? Well they're ok but they don't really matter.

Here's my point, and what that ESPN article didn't bother to tell you...

The ACC is 4-1 this year against the SEC East. They have wins over Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, and Georgia. Congratulations.

Those 4 SEC East teams that the ACC beat are 2-6 this year against the SEC West. Georgia earned both of those wins.

Ole Miss and Miss. St. are pretty good at football too. Especially this year. They've taken up the slack for Florida and Tennessee being down programs right now despite being in a different division.

The strength of the conference is in the Western division. But even everybody else in the SEC is a little better than everybody else in other conferences. That's the point.

The ACC has already lost to East Carolina twice, Notre Dame twice, Colorado St., Nebraska, Iowa, Akron, Maryland, UCLA, BYU, UL-Monroe, and Utah St.

It only appears as if everyone else doesn't matter if you're not paying attention. When you stack 'em up against what the peach fuzz of the other conferences are doing, the separation is what it is. The rest of the country is long fatigued by it. But it still doesn't change.

For someone who dislikes college football as much as you, I'm intrigued by how opinionated you are on it and how much you apparently watch it.

It seems like there were about half a dozen QB's in the NFL yesterday that threw for 5 or 6 touchdowns... including backups like Ryan Fitzpatrick. Perhaps you enjoyed the NFL's version of these defensive clinics instead.

There were only 3. Fitz with a fluke 6. Luck and Brees both had 5. Next closest was McCoy & Rivers with 3 and the rest had only 2 or less. You should stick to amateur ball and I'll stay with the NFL.

Just one more thing before I go: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SmitGe00.htm

Back
Top Bottom