Geno Smith and pocket awareness | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith and pocket awareness

:lol:

This is the Geno Smith thread. If you want a thread about the flaws with Ryan Tannehill's game, head on over to the main Dolphins board here and click on any Ryan Tannehill thread and add your two cents.

Meanwhile, I'll be right here, laughing at Geno Smith. Because he blows.

he was forced into action when he wasn't ready, he's done ok all things considered.

Playoff wins:

mark Sanchez w/ Jets 2009-2012: 4
Miami dolphins franchise 1995-20012: 3

hahahaha. Once again. Selective history. Sometimes you look at 5 years. Sometimes 10 years. Now its 1995. It's OK though. Hey I am with you. Keep Sanchez. Keep Smith. I love it.

If any Dolphins QB would lead the Dolphins to the AFC Championship game with a regular season rating of 63 and 12 TDs to 20 INTs you would say that the defense bailed us out. If Tannehill would have a first season like that I would have said "dump him".

You have such a little man crush on Sanchez that is kinda cute though. Never had a GI Joe when you were little?

9plzbr-1.jpg

Tannehill is being anointed way too soon. The guy everyone mocks on here was certainly better after 3-4 games of his 2nd year as starter and look what happened to him?
We'll see how Tannehill will complete his second year. We all know that Tannehill last year was statistically (with less than stellar talent) better than Sanchez in his first year. Sanchez started out better in his first year as well compare to Tannehill. But if you compare both completed season there is no comparison more.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

I hope to see them again like you hope to see your first playoff win in 13 years.

Spoken like a true fan of a franchise considered losers. :chuckle:

Tannehill is being anointed way too soon. The guy everyone mocks on here was certainly better after 3-4 games of his 2nd year as starter and look what happened to him?

Deflecting again bad habit for you -> this thread is about the Jets -> 1.Tanney is not in the conversation 2. mia is not in the market for a QB 3. keep the thread on track you should be able to keep us informed about the Jets

hahahaha. Once again. Selective history. Sometimes you look at 5 years. Sometimes 10 years. Now its 1995. It's OK though. Hey I am with you. Keep Sanchez. Keep Smith. I love it.

If any Dolphins QB would lead the Dolphins to the AFC Championship game with a regular season rating of 63 and 12 TDs to 20 INTs you would say that the defense bailed us out. If Tannehill would have a first season like that I would have said "dump him".

You have such a little man crush on Sanchez that is kinda cute though. Never had a GI Joe when you were little?

we were discussing mark Sanchez, he has only played 2009-2012 so why would I discuss other years w/o him when there aren't any other years?

I have an appreciation for what Mark almost helped my team do.

Tannehill's 1st season wasn't as good as mark's, you just look at #s. he had 3-4 awful games but was good most of the year. Ryan had a good enough run game and D to get to the playoffs and couldn't even get you in contention.

We'll see how Tannehill will complete his second year. We all know that Tannehill last year was statistically (with less than stellar talent) better than Sanchez in his first year. Sanchez started out better in his first year as well compare to Tannehill. But if you compare both completed season there is no comparison more.

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Spoken like a true fan of a franchise considered losers. :chuckle:

mark was better as a rookie and the talent was comparable.

which franchise is considered losers? the one that hasn't seen a playoff win since 200 and a title game app since 1992?

Deflecting again bad habit for you -> this thread is about the Jets -> 1.Tanney is not in the conversation 2. mia is not in the market for a QB 3. keep the thread on track you should be able to keep us informed about the Jets

No deflecting, just making a point and trying to save you guys from anointing too soon like w/ AJ Feely, daunt Culpepper, Nick Saban, Tony Sparano, Chad Henne, etc...

"You can't buy experience, but with that being said, we still have to do a much better job -- Geno, in particular -- of protecting the football at all costs." Ryan added. "You can't be nonchalant about it, you have to protect the ball."

This is what I expect from you Jests fan find us some good material

which franchise is considered losers? the one that hasn't seen a playoff win since 200 and a title game app since 1992?

Here is a post I made to your Jets buddy:
I knew that you were referring to our 1-15 season. You and Junc are using selective history, just so it fits your argument. Sometimes its the last 5 years, then maybe the last 10 years. But if you go into history just look over the life of each franchise. You will realize that you are a fan of a franchise which has a pattern for losing. But even losers do have their 1 or 2 off years in which the 'beaten down' fan can celebrate.
Over the lifetime of the Jets they are 377-444-8. That defines a loser franchise.
Over the lifetime of the Dolphins they are 427-329-4. That defines a successful franchise.

If you want me to break that down into Superbowls, Superbowl appearances, Conference Championship appearance, Playoff appearances, AFC East Division titles etc I certainly can do that. But it would only prove further my point that unless you do selective history the Jets a a perennial loser.

So, you can revel in your two AFC Conference appearances recently because now you are back to your losing ways.

'Nough said.

'Nough said.

Outstanding post!

nyjunc never looks at the whole story and only sees what he wants to see. The only thing he has is 2 humiliating AFCC game loses.

oh well:chuckle:

'Nough said.

I discuss recent, relevant history. I have never debated Miami has the better history so you are doing a great job of trying to deflect from how horrible your franchise has been for a long time now. In the 70s and 80s Miami was an elite franchise, those days are LONG gone. You haven't seen a title game since 1992 where, of course, you were humiliated like you have been in just about every postseason loss since SB XIX. Since 2002 ONE postseason app where you were one and done in, again, humiliating fashion at home.

The "terrible" Mark Sanchez has 4 playoff wins under his belt, that's more than the "great" dolphins franchise since 1995. Fire up that Delorean and go back to 1972 & 1973 all you want but in recent, relevant times you have been a terrible franchise. This is the parity era where every team has a legit playoff chance every year and you have one playoff app since 2002.

I discuss recent, relevant history. I have never debated Miami has the better history so you are doing a great job of trying to deflect from how horrible your franchise has been for a long time now. In the 70s and 80s Miami was an elite franchise, those days are LONG gone. You haven't seen a title game since 1992 where, of course, you were humiliated like you have been in just about every postseason loss since SB XIX. Since 2002 ONE postseason app where you were one and done in, again, humiliating fashion at home.

The "terrible" Mark Sanchez has 4 playoff wins under his belt, that's more than the "great" dolphins franchise since 1995. Fire up that Delorean and go back to 1972 & 1973 all you want but in recent, relevant times you have been a terrible franchise. This is the parity era where every team has a legit playoff chance every year and you have one playoff app since 2002.

You didn't get my post at all. Over the span of the lifetime of our football teams the Jets are losers. Period. Of course you have a good year or two once in a while. And good franchises also go through a slump. But at the end it will always right itself. I know you relish those two years. And you should. But you also should face reality and be prepared for another 2 decades of futility. It is just what it is Junc.
Do you know the difference between fans of a successful football franchise and unsuccessful football franchise? When we made the playoffs in the past and even the Conference Championship and we lost we considered it failure. We didn't make it to the big game.
When the Jets make it to the playoffs or the Conference Championship game you will talk about it in 20 years "remember in 2009/2010?".
There are shifts once in a while but at the end it will always be the same: Jets losers, Dolphins winners.

You had the chance for bragging rights the last few years. You floundered that chance. You made it to the playoffs a few times, couple times to the AFC Championship game and you might have closed the gap to us but you haven't overtaken us. And you never will. I know it sounds harsh but reality is that Jets fans are like the little guy in the corner of the school yard who gets bullied everyday and only speaks up when the bullies are asleep. You are not even the #1 football team in New Jersey. You don't even play in New York.

I know I know the Jets are the greatest football team in the world, after all they went to the Conference Championship in 2009 and 2010.

:loser1:

You didn't get my post at all. Over the span of the lifetime of our football teams the Jets are losers. Period. Of course you have a good year or two once in a while. And good franchises also go through a slump. But at the end it will always right itself. I know you relish those two years. And you should. But you also should face reality and be prepared for another 2 decades of futility. It is just what it is Junc.
Do you know the difference between fans of a successful football franchise and unsuccessful football franchise? When we made the playoffs in the past and even the Conference Championship and we lost we considered it failure. We didn't make it to the big game.
When the Jets make it to the playoffs or the Conference Championship game you will talk about it in 20 years "remember in 2009/2010?".
There are shifts once in a while but at the end it will always be the same: Jets losers, Dolphins winners.

You had the chance for bragging rights the last few years. You floundered that chance. You made it to the playoffs a few times, couple times to the AFC Championship game and you might have closed the gap to us but you haven't overtaken us. And you never will. I know it sounds harsh but reality is that Jets fans are like the little guy in the corner of the school yard who gets bullied everyday and only speaks up when the bullies are asleep. You are not even the #1 football team in New Jersey. You don't even play in New York.

I know I know the Jets are the greatest football team in the world, after all they went to the Conference Championship in 2009 and 2010.

:loser1:

Outside of a great 2 year run the dolphins are losers too.

You guys will be doing cartwheels if you make the playoffs like you were in 2008.

You may want to hop into this Century where Miami has been one of the worst franchises in the league, anything but successful.

we all know Miami is the future and we will suck in the future- been hearing that since the day I signed up here in 2004. I wonder if it will actually ever happen?

Outside of a great 2 year run the dolphins are losers too.

You guys will be doing cartwheels if you make the playoffs like you were in 2008.

You may want to hop into this Century where Miami has been one of the worst franchises in the league, anything but successful.we all know Miami is the future and we will suck in the future- been hearing that since the day I signed up here in 2004. I wonder if it will actually ever happen?

:lol2:

Back
Top Bottom