Geno Smith and pocket awareness | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Geno Smith and pocket awareness

3rd place in 2010. It's better than 23rd place, right?

Hey, dillweed, I've said countless times the Jets were better in 2009 and 2010 than the Dolphins were. That's a mathematical fact. There's nothing else to be said for something that happened 3 and 4 years ago.

Go nuts? I don't even think it would have been talked about much if you hadn't been bringing it up last year. It is the stuff like "finally having a better record than us" that get people to respond. You make it sound like the Dolphins have never finished ahead of the Jets. In reality, as bad as we have been the last 13 years, the Dolphins still finished ahead of the Jets nearly 50% of the time.

The Jets have finished ahead of the Dolphins 7 times, and the Dolphins have finished ahead of the Jets 6 times. It looks like it will be tied 7-7 after this year.

This is where you are mistaken, I didn't bring anything up. I was being told how bad we sucked and how good Miami was. I just found it funny that we had a great chance to have a better record despite our horrible year.

Miami has finishes ahead of us 6 times not 7 and most of those were early 00s.

what is more important is that over the last 10 seasons Miami has ONE playoff app(humiliated in WC rd at home). we had a few season('03, '05, '07) ruined due to Chad injuries to skew things a bit and make us look closer than we actually have been.

Hey, dillweed, I've said countless times the Jets were better in 2009 and 2010 than the Dolphins were. That's a mathematical fact. There's nothing else to be said for something that happened 3 and 4 years ago.

dillweed? did Jr High just let out?

This is where you are mistaken, I didn't bring anything up. I was being told how bad we sucked and how good Miami was. I just found it funny that we had a great chance to have a better record despite our horrible year.

Miami has finishes ahead of us 6 times not 7 and most of those were early 00s.

what is more important is that over the last 10 seasons Miami has ONE playoff app(humiliated in WC rd at home). we had a few season('03, '05, '07) ruined due to Chad injuries to skew things a bit and make us look closer than we actually have been.

I remember people telling you how bad the Jets sucked, but I don't recall many people telling you how great Miami was. When people told you that the Jets sucked, you resorted to the finishing ahead thing. You mentioned it a lot which is why people brought it back up when it didn't happen. If you didn't bring it up, then what other poster mentioned the possibility of the Jets finishing ahead? It was you that brought it up.

The Dolphins didn't have anything bad happen to them over that time span that skewed things? If you have an injury prone QB that misses every other season and do nothing to solidify the backup position, it doesn't skew things when he goes down and the team sucks. Injuries are part of the game.

I never said it was 7 times. I said 6 times out of 13 season which is nearly 50% of the time.

We've stunk the last 10 years. We haven't won a single playoff game in that time span. The Jets have already gone 10 consecutive years without winning a playoff game TWICE in franchise history. If we manage to not win a playoff game in another 7 years, we will tie. :D

I remember people telling you how bad the Jets sucked, but I don't recall many people telling you how great Miami was. When people told you that the Jets sucked, you resorted to the finishing ahead thing. You mentioned it a lot which is why people brought it back up when it didn't happen. If you didn't bring it up, then what other poster mentioned the possibility of the Jets finishing ahead? It was you that brought it up.

The Dolphins didn't have anything bad happen to them over that time span that skewed things? If you have an injury prone QB that misses every other season and do nothing to solidify the backup position, it doesn't skew things when he goes down and the team sucks. Injuries are part of the game.

I never said it was 7 times. I said 6 times out of 13 season which is nearly 50% of the time.

We've stunk the last 10 years. We haven't won a single playoff game in that time span. The Jets have already gone 10 consecutive years without winning a playoff game TWICE in franchise history. If we manage to not win a playoff game in another 7 years, we will tie. :D

I have been on here since 2004, I always here about the greatness of the Miami Dolphins:lol:

Go back through the threads.

did you lose your most important player on offense to injuries multiple times? It was a simple formula:

Chad healthy in 2002 win division
hurt in 2003 6-10
healthy in 2004 make playoffs
hurt in 2005 4-12
healthy in 206 make playoffs
hurt in 2007 4-12

a long time ago we went 10 years w/o winning a playoff game, again I don't debate Miami has been the better franchise all time but in recent, relevant times we have been much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think watching Mark Sanchez's career end in flames has finally unhinged the juncster.

A sad, sad day for Finheaven, Gang Green, Buffalo Range, and countless other AFC East discussion boards across the internet.

I think watching Mark Sanchez's career end in flames has finally unhinged the juncster.

A sad, sad day for Finheaven, Gang Green, Buffalo Range, and countless other AFC East discussion boards across the internet.

Have no fear. Sanchez will be a topic on this board for decades.

I have been on here since 2004, I created Finheaven, I always hear about the greatness of the Miami Dolphins:lol:

Go back through the threads.

did you lose your most important player on offense to injuries multiple times? It was a simple formula:

Chad healthy in 2002 win division
hurt in 2003 6-10
healthy in 2004 make playoffs
hurt in 2005 4-12
healthy in 206 make playoffs
hurt in 2007 4-12

a long time ago we went 10 years w/o winning a playoff game, again I don't debate Miami has been the better franchise all time but in recent, relevant times we have been much better.

:m359: -> forgot.. that "past century" comment

Post 118

Originally Posted by nyjunc
"Outside of a great 2 year run the dolphins are losers too.

You guys will be doing cartwheels if you make the playoffs like you were in 2008.

You may want to hop into this Century where Miami has been one of the worst franchises in the league, anything but successful.we all know Miami is the future and we will suck in the future- been hearing that since the day I signed up here in 2004. I wonder if it will actually ever happen?"

1348719842163_2691687png-1.jpg

Gotta give Geno an A+

I think they Jests lose the game if Coach Smith isn't such a bonehead loser, but Geno made good decisions all game regardless of the last drive

OK... Geno VS Bellichaet should be interesting....

Pats have some injury probs should even the playing field a little - problem is can Jets keep pace with Pats scoring..., pressure will be on Geno to come up with 30+ points

Pats have some injury probs should even the playing field a little - problem is can Jets keep pace with Pats scoring..., pressure will be on Geno to come up with 30+ points

I think this will be a close game. Gronkowski will play, which should help NE. Talib probably will not play but neither will Holmes for the Jets. I hope the Jets can pull off the upset. It would be nice if we were both 4-2 heading into our matchup next week. I just don't think the Jets will pull it off.

If we have to score 30+ we aren't likely to win, if we are going to win it's going to be 20-17 type of win. Our D needs to step up to keep this game close.

If we have to score 30+ we aren't likely to win, if we are going to win it's going to be 20-17 type of win. Our D needs to step up to keep this game close.

The Jets aren't likely to win period.

Back
Top Bottom