Get rid of Tannenbaum | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get rid of Tannenbaum

this roster is not as bad as our inept coaching makes it look. granted, its not great, but there are several nfl coaching staffs that could be competitive with this team
Coaching doesn't cause the OT to lineup to far back causing an illegal formation for two weeks in a row now. Last week it was James, this week Tunsil. I was standing on the field and saw Branch lined up offside and was looking at the ref to see if he would reach for his flag...those sneaky refs don't tip anything off...he reached for the flag as soon as the ball was snapped.

Coaching can't fix the stupidity of the roster. A lot of stupid stuff going on and that's beside the horrible accuracy and ball placement of Jay Cutler....oh man did he miss a lot of throws to WRs that were wide open...I hadn't seen our WRs that open in a long time and he missed them. I missed the Drake run cause I started focusing on the O-line play. I thought Larsen played well but Tunsil is awful. Branch uses a bull rush 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time he tried to speed rush around the edge, he was stonewalled all night and we gave that a huge contract. Couldn't understand why Harris didn't play more Branch played too many snaps for a guy who's so ineffective. Kiko was another bad contract...I tried to tell everyone but too many on here thought that was a good signing. The only CB that's in position to make a play, once in a while, is McCain. Howard and Tankersley are always late getting to the ball. Underneath coverage is non-existent. Don't know if that's scheme or just plain lack of talent at linebacker but Carolina had a WR open on every play and most of the time it was the underneath WR. I can tell you offensively the plays are fine, the execution is horrible. O-line is trash and so is the current QB. They left a lot of plays on the field.

Edit: Just going to leave this here for the "Howard is awesome and Tannebaum hit the nail on the head with that pick" crowd.

Last edited:
Adam Gase vouched for Jermon Bushrod. Adam Gase vouched for Julius Thomas and Jay Cutler.
Adam Gase led the charge to get rid of Jay Ajayi. These are some of the many bad personnel changes that Gase played a significant hand in, and yet people want to talk about Mike Tannebaum.

Mike Tannebaum and Chris Grier are being casted as scapegoats for what is looking like a very mediocre coach. A mediocre coach with the ego of an accomplished one.

Dumping Tannenbaum is not going to fix what’s wrong with this team. I think many forget that Gase signed off on the OL which is a huge problem. All will be back in 2018 but if it continues next year, all need to go.

Can we all agree that he's at least an improvement from Ireland?

I know that's like comparing a pile turd vs. a pile of turd with cherries on top, but just trying to give some perspective.

I hate Tannebaum but he's one of many things wrong with this team.

Adam Gase vouched for Jermon Bushrod. Adam Gase vouched for Julius Thomas and Jay Cutler.
Adam Gase led the charge to get rid of Jay Ajayi. These are some of the many bad personnel changes that Gase played a significant hand in, and yet people want to talk about Mike Tannebaum.

Mike Tannebaum and Chris Grier are being casted as scapegoats for what is looking like a very mediocre coach. A mediocre coach with the ego of an accomplished one.
I bet you defended Jeff Ireland too when people said he was trash.

Gase is at fault for some of the personnel issues, no doubt. But the majority of the problem still lies with this front office. They thought Tunsil was a franchise LT...he is not. They thought Kiko Alonso was a center piece LB, he is not. They thought Branch was an outstanding DE, he is not. They drafted Howard, how many picks does he have? How many has he come close to getting? How's Charles Harris doing? Pretty good, great pass rusher with one sack...oh wait, defense was built to play with a lead right? That must be why on 3rd and long they can't get off the field. So Gase is responsible for 4 or 5 players....the other 48 or 49 are on Tannenbaum and Grier.

I know that's like comparing a pile turd vs. a pile of turd with cherries on top, but just trying to give some perspective.

No he is not. In 2012 I rated all the GMs in the league based on their draft picks....Tannenbaum was 2nd to last. Only better than Smith the GM of the Jags at the time...who was by far the worst GM the world has ever seen.

He's not worse than Ireland. They are both absolutely terrible GMs but Ireland was a terrible GM who stockpiled picks and money that would inevitably be used on bums, and Tannenbaum is an even worse GM who mortgages all your money and draft picks on even worse bums so your organization will stay in a hole for years to come. The longer this cancer stays with the team, the more years it will take for the next GM to even start fixing things.

I think even Dennis Hickey was better. He could actually spot talent even if he was lacking in other areas. He is the head college scout for the Bills now and they had a pretty good draft.

Tannenbaum does nothing other than dish out crazy contracts to mediocre players and throw around draft picks like he's at Cheetahs.

I think even Dennis Hickey was better. He could actually spot talent even if he was lacking in other areas. He is the head college scout for the Bills now and they had a pretty good draft.

Tannenbaum does nothing other than dish out crazy contracts to mediocre players and throw around draft picks like he's at Cheetahs.

Hickey was the best GM we've had in over a decade.

When I saw Ross bring in that snake Tannenbaum to "work with" Hickey I knew we were screwed even though everybody was trying to claim how they would work together well and what-not. What a joke.

The most depressing part is knowing that this won't be a quick fix either. It will take multiple years after Ross finally decides to get rid of this scumbag for the team to have any shot of rebuilding properly because he constantly throws our future out the window to try to make it look like he's doing his job.

T-Bum works for New England. He ruin the Jets and now us. Get Payton Manning here immediately

The curse of Mike Tannenbaum is alive and well. He has somehow convinced Stephan Ross, that he can do the job of a REAL GM. His power play has turned this franchise into the laughing stock of the NFL. I knew deep down, when they signed Suh to that huge contract, things weren’t going to turn out well. It came at a time when key decisions were needed to be made on other young players who’s contracts needed to be addressed. His decisions have put the team in cap hell with an aging defense and an offense that can’t get out of its own way. All those big contracts on the defense and they play like they don’t care. It’s too much for me to handle, watching this chit show called the Miami Dolphins, or the Mike the Bum show. Couple that with a coach who thinks he’s gods gift to the NFL and you get this crap.

Back
Top Bottom