Get rid of Tannenbaum | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Get rid of Tannenbaum

Tannenbaum gave up a 4th to move up 4 spots in the 2nd round for this guy.

And then since his 4th was gone when he moved up in the 3rd for Carroo he had to offer a 3rd and 4th from next year. Outstanding work.

Tannenbaum gave up a 4th to move up 4 spots in the 2nd round for this guy.

And then since his 4th was gone when he moved up in the 3rd for Carroo he had to offer a 3rd and 4th from next year. Outstanding work.

The mismanagement of the draft is the main reason why I want him gone. He seems to hold little value for picks, using them as chips to move around. It’s better to get as many picks as possible and just take BPA. Numbers work in your favor that way.

Ross is loyal to a fault when it comes to his executives. Ireland is a perfect example. I want Tannenbaum gone but I don't think we'll see it, unfortunately. I also think Tannenbaum's lips have an air tight seal on Ross's scrote

Last edited:
Until Ross is gone, we won't see much winning. He's inept in his football hiring.

I think even Dennis Hickey was better. He could actually spot talent even if he was lacking in other areas. He is the head college scout for the Bills now and they had a pretty good draft.

Tannenbaum does nothing other than dish out crazy contracts to mediocre players and throw around draft picks like he's at Cheetahs.

He is a senior college scout that was hired "after" the draft in Buffalo.

And his claim to fame is Jarvis Landry. The rest of that draft was meh. Even James as a top 20 RT was as safe as you get. Billy Turner? Arthur Lynch? Walt Aikens? Jordan Tripp? Matt Hazel?

He certainly is more of a "personnel guy" than Tannenbaum but he wasn't very good either. He just wasn't a GM type, he is better suited in a "scout" role.

Call me crazy, Chris Grier has done a good job with personnel. The defense has more young potential than it has seen in nearly a decade and that is where we need our GM to be strong . . . In the draft. He has done what he can to appease Adam Gase and his offense. Sure verdict still out on a few guys but it isn't the dumpster fire we have seen in the past.

Problem right now is we have a pathetic offense due to the QB/coach combo/playbook and the defense has pretty much folded when the game seems too much to overcome. I bet there is a lot more going internally than we know

Even the contracts dished out, they all were given as two year deals essentially while the team attempts to get younger in the draft.

We can sit here and blame Tannenbaum but at least these recent drafts and UDFA's have guys on the field contributing, which is more than I can say for a lot of other previous drafts.

No he is not. In 2012 I rated all the GMs in the league based on their draft picks....Tannenbaum was 2nd to last. Only better than Smith the GM of the Jags at the time...who was by far the worst GM the world has ever seen.

Is it 2012? I could have sworn I woke up to 2017 today.

Ireland drafted Pat White in the 3rd round.... I rest my case.

Is it 2012? I could have sworn I woke up to 2017 today.

Ireland drafted Pat White in the 3rd round.... I rest my case.
Tannenbaum drafted Vernon Gholston with the 6th overall pick...I rest my case.

But for good measure. Traded away 4 draft picks to move up and get Mark Sanchez and ended up with just 3 picks in that whole draft (something he has a habit of doing...giving away draft picks)
Took Quinton Coples with the 16th overall pick and then draft Stephen Hill with the 2nd round pick of that draft all because the guy ran 4.3 at the combine even though the tape screamed that the WR couldn't run routes or catch the ball consistently. Coples didn't even fit the Jets scheme. Pat White was a horrible pick and I would have fired the whole front office after that pick but at least Pat White was supposedly brought in as the wildcat QB...there was a reason behind it.

The other thing is that Ireland, while horribly inept at picking players, didn't blow the cap. Tannenbaum has already left us with no cap saving in just two years.

Last edited:
Jaguars traded a 6th for a stud DT, Tannenbaum traded a 5th for a LB that can't even get on the field. Completely inept.

The bigger issue with Tannenbaum is how his decisions impact the ability to assess everyone else.

Is Grier a puppet? How many decisions have truly been his? Would he have drafted/signed differently?

How bad is Gase? Needing to cut players mid-year in consecutive years to change the culture. Are these truly his picks? Would he have built the team differently? Is he compensating in his coaching for have crap players and is making him look bad?

Listen, a coach can call a masterful game. But if the players don't execute, how would you know?

Does he really have control of his team or is there some leveraged relationships he must swallow because of overpaid contacts or other player/FO relationships?

I think the most disgusting thing in all of this is how documented MT's past and tendencies were, yet we hired him anyway. He is who we KNEW he was.

And, like all businesses, the first and last word lies at Ross' feet. It's on you Ross.

Back
Top Bottom