Getting sick of this | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Getting sick of this

Three players on pace to break the single season passing record, one on pace to absolutely destroy it...and Sanchez is the MVP? Ok...

Two of them are leading a team thats on pace to go 6-10, while the other one is on pace to 10-6. Talking about being on pace, Sanchez is on pace for almost 2900 yards, 26tds, 0 ints, and a 13-3 record, and no QB in the history of the NFL has started all 16 games and not thrown a pick. Ever wonder why Kobe never got an MVP award until 2008, when he was 30, even though he had a few rings and several NBA top-5 record finishes.

Being on pace means crap.

Im guessing Pennington would have won the award if he had more wins and/or better stats than Manning.

Chad clearly deserved it ahead of Peyton, he took over a 1-15 team that hadn't made the playoffs in 7 years and led them to 11 wins and a div title. The #s were close but if you switched the teams and peyton took over in Miami and did what Chad did and Chad was in Indy and did what Peyton did then Peyton would have won it. It was all about the name just like in the SB and just like last year.

Three players on pace to break the single season passing record, one on pace to absolutely destroy it...and Sanchez is the MVP? Ok...

How are those seasons going for those players? Maybe we'll give them a fantasy trophy for their fantasy #s.

Huge difference between talented and well-coached. Indy has the best WRs coach (now OC) in the NFL by a longshot, and noone ever gives him credit.

Talented and well coached is a pretty lethal combination, whatever the reasoining is Manning always has an advantage w/ what he has around him.

Sanchez is playing pretty well but he's not in the top 10 for MVP at this point in time.

Sanchez is playing pretty well but he's not in the top 10 for MVP at this point in time.

Can you name 9 players who would be above him?

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?

I wouldn't necesasarily out any of those 3 over him to this point. He's led his team to a better record than Peyton and Brady(outdueling Brady in a head to head game) and he has better #s than Ryan while they have the same record against a tougher sched.

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?

Matt Ryan is playing better than Sanchez? Thats news to me. They guy beat up on Cards, 49ers and Browns. He faced two good teams. Lost to a great D, like Sanchez did, and played very good against a solid offensive team, like Sanchez did against the Pats. As for him beating the Cards, 49ers and Browns, Sanchez had to beat three SOLID defenses in Bills, Dolphins and Vikings. Matt Ryan has 7 tds, and 3 ints. Sanchez has 8 TDs, and zero picks. Its not even close.

Manning is probably the better candidate right now. Patriots are struggling. Tom Brady isn't spectacular thus far. He had a very good game against the Bengals, sucked against the Jets ("we just sucked!!!"), barely beat the lousy Bills, and had his special teams win the game against the Dolphins. Not that he's playing bad, but I would put Sanchez ahead of him right now. Not sure if it remains the same by the time wk17 comes around.

Chad clearly deserved it ahead of Peyton, he took over a 1-15 team that hadn't made the playoffs in 7 years and led them to 11 wins and a div title. The #s were close but if you switched the teams and peyton took over in Miami and did what Chad did and Chad was in Indy and did what Peyton did then Peyton would have won it. It was all about the name just like in the SB and just like last year.

For Penningtons play, he deserved the comeback player of the year award, not MVP. And he got what he deserved. Even Chad Henne went 7-5 with that team the following year. The Dolphins were a good team, they just didn't have a QB. I don't even know who was their QB in 07. Was it Gus Frerotte(sp?)? Yeah, he sucks.

Peyton Manning
Matt Ryan
Tom Brady

Any other candidates?
Lets say most valuable player means Most Valuable.. You could replace Sanchez with Mark Brunell and I think the record of the jets would stay the same(sort of how the steelers did without there "star" Qb). For that reason alone im going to throw up Mcnabb and Aaron Rodgers on that list. Both Qb's are the Reason those teams are doing as good as they are.

I think if anyone deserves an award for a 5 game season.. it would be the Guy in Junc's avatar picture. But Sanchez has had a pretty good season so far.

Lets say most valuable player means Most Valuable.. You could replace Sanchez with Mark Brunell and I think the record of the jets would stay the same(sort of how the steelers did without there "star" Qb). For that reason alone im going to throw up Mcnabb and Aaron Rodgers on that list. Both Qb's are the Reason those teams are doing as good as they are.

I think if anyone deserves an award for a 5 game season.. it would be the Guy in Junc's avatar picture. But Sanchez has had a pretty good season so far.

First, if you think Mark Brunell is a capable backup in this league you must not have seen him play in his limited time with the Saints or in preseason this year against future UPS drivers. He's done. In fact, his only decent drive in the preseason was a drive Sanchez CALLED when the coaching staff had him take over Schottenheimer's offensive coordinator duties for a quarter. I like him as a mentor for Sanchez, don't like that they gave him a helmet and pads.

As for Rodgers' candidacy, he and the Packers have been a bit of a disappointment so far. They barely squeaked by Philly once Michael Vick replaced Kolb. Their other 2 wins are over the lowly Bills and Lions (who they beat by 2 points). And the offense looked anemic against the Bears and Redskins. Throw Rodgers onto the list as an MVP candidate, but the Jets offense has been better in large part due to Sanchez.

I'll certainly give you McNabb because the Redskins are in the middle of an overhaul and he's lead them to a winning record thus far.

But that still doesn't suggest that Sanchez is outside of the top 10 of MVP candidates early in the season, as one poster suggested. If he starts turning the ball over and turns into midseason 2009 Sanchez, you can say it then.

For Penningtons play, he deserved the comeback player of the year award, not MVP. And he got what he deserved. Even Chad Henne went 7-5 with that team the following year. The Dolphins were a good team, they just didn't have a QB. I don't even know who was their QB in 07. Was it Gus Frerotte(sp?)? Yeah, he sucks.

1-15 to 11-5, Chad deserved the MVP in a season w/ no spectacular candidates. W/o Chad you guys win 5-6 games that year.

From what I saw of Brunell in camp and preseason I don't think we'd be 4-1 w/ him at QB.

I think in a pinch he can still play but if he had to play weekly we'd be in big trouble.

1-15 to 11-5, Chad deserved the MVP in a season w/ no spectacular candidates. W/o Chad you guys win 5-6 games that year.

Not having a reliable QB will not win u many games with an average D.

It has a little something to do with it as he's been playing this good for only a few games, and if you look at his whole career up until this point and sum it up into one opinion than he's been inconsistent to say the most.Now you're going to say that so far he's been developing and that he's had growing pains bla bla, and yes i know this is a "what have you done lately league", but what i'm trying to say is that being so early in his so far inconsistent career we can't tell if this is just a fluke or if it will keep up.Now don't get me wrong, I personally think the guy might become really good, but guys like bucky brooks should wait and see more of this good play of his before they label him mvp material instead of doing so after only a few good games and risk making fools of themselves.I'm not saying henne is better either, b/c he obviously isn't, but I dont't think sanchez has a big shot of becoming mvp ahead of manning for example.

What does last year have to do with this season?

Point is that after 5 games he's leading one of the leagues best teams and more importantly one of the leagues best offenses.

Thats just what it is at this point of the season. Nothing else changes that.

From what I saw of Brunell in camp and preseason I don't think we'd be 4-1 w/ him at QB.

I think in a pinch he can still play but if he had to play weekly we'd be in big trouble.

In fairness Chad did finish 2nd. And there were candidates. Favre had a great year, maybe his best. 4,000+ 29 or so TDs and 15 picks. Chad was hurt by the idea that the fin O was best when he was on the bench and they ran the wild cat.

In fairness Chad did finish 2nd. And there were candidates. Favre had a great year, maybe his best. 4,000+ 29 or so TDs and 15 picks. Chad was hurt by the idea that the fin O was best when he was on the bench and they ran the wild cat.

Favre had a great year last year not 2008 when Chad should have won it. Favre or Brees should have won it last year but Manning gets the benefit of every doubt.

Back
Top Bottom