Go Get Brees | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Brees

Breeze loves New Orleans and furthermore he wouldn't come to the fins for double the money due to the debacle last time

He does love New Orleans and they will always love him. But nothing wrong with giving yourself a better shot at a title while you still can.

Ultimately I think he stays.

I'm pretty sure something will get worked out. If not, at his age and the years he has played, I don't think he is looking for one last payday but one more Super Bowl. Kdawg gives some options, but I think his relationship with Peyton and the fact the Saints made a hell of a run this year, he could stay. Also, the NFC South as well as playing in the dome gives him plenty of good weather games.

I'm pretty sure something will get worked out. If not, at his age and the years he has played, I don't think he is looking for one last payday but one more Super Bowl. Kdawg gives some options, but I think his relationship with Peyton and the fact the Saints made a hell of a run this year, he could stay. Also, the NFC South as well as playing in the dome gives him plenty of good weather games.

Hell from marketing alone he will make up any money in New Orleans. He has tons of that down there. This definitely won't be a payday thing, but an ideal scenario with a ready to win team and a top salary . . . I just wouldn't say its 100% finished that he returns to the Saints . . . More like 90%. That Payton relationship is pretty darn strong. Drew will have 2 months to think about his options . . . He is finally a free agent again and is the top free agent on the market. Some good situations out there with defenses that he has never had.

Minny has the dome and Jville gives similar warm weather benefits and is relatively close to New Orleans.

0 chance he goes elsewhere. They didn’t lose yesterday bc of him.

Oh the Saints want him back for sure.

But Drew is a free agent and cannot be tagged. Saints cap is not in the best shape and there are some enticing options out there that have plenty of cap to give him arguably better title shots in the next year or two.

Hell from marketing alone he will make up any money in New Orleans. He has tons of that down there. This definitely won't be a payday thing, but an ideal scenario with a ready to win team and a top salary . . . I just wouldn't say its 100% finished that he returns to the Saints . . . More like 90%. That Payton relationship is pretty darn strong. Drew will have 2 months to think about his options . . . He is finally a free agent again and is the top free agent on the market. Some good situations out there with defenses that he has never had.

Minny has the dome and Jville gives similar warm weather benefits and is relatively close to New Orleans.

Jacksonville would be a good landing spot, especially if they fall just short in the AFC title game.

Oh the Saints want him back for sure.

But Drew is a free agent and cannot be tagged. Saints cap is not in the best shape and there are some enticing options out there that have plenty of cap to give him arguably better title shots in the next year or two.
Why can't he be tagged?

I don't want a 39 yr old QB to rent for one yr...doesn't make any sense at all for the future of this team...reading some of these posts make me think the posters would be happy to jusy make the playoffs next year and then be in the same or worse situation the following season...

I would rather focus on one unit and strive to make that unit dominant.....giving us a base to build a champion for years to come....that starts with DEFENSE and the trenches...."passing league" ???? this game has always been DEFENSE AND RUNNING GAME wins more often than not

IMO

I don't want a 39 yr old QB to rent for one yr...doesn't make any sense at all for the future of this team...reading some of these posts make me think the posters would be happy to jusy make the playoffs next year and then be in the same or worse situation the following season...

I would rather focus on one unit and strive to make that unit dominant.....giving us a base to build a champion for years to come....that starts with DEFENSE and the trenches...."passing league" ???? this game has always been DEFENSE AND RUNNING GAME wins more often than not

IMO
you still draft a qb

Just WOW!

Our screw ups are so legendary, that our fans even advocate going out and getting the guy TWELVE YEARS after the greatest college coach of all time passed on him and gave up a 2nd round pick for Daunte' Culpepper.

Yes, our screw ups are THAT BAD that this STILL seems the better option than what we're currently doing.

Everyone sing!!!.............'cause when you're talkin' Dolphins, you're talkin' super bowl! 'Cause we're the Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins number one. . . Miami........... :wall

I heard the story was Saban wanted Brees but was overruled. Part of the reason he left the pros was he didn't have full control

Jacksonville would be a good landing spot, especially if they fall just short in the AFC title game.

Definitely, Brees would take them to the SB next year.

I would take Brees over Tannehill for 1 year but we are more than a great QB away from being a contender. Plus, Brees wouldn’t come to this dumpster fire team. We wouldn’t survive behind our line.

Back
Top Bottom