Go Get Brees | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Brees

The saints still have a superbowl shot next year. Brees will obviously be back.

And im sure a 39 year old qb would just love to play with our dysfunctional roster, he wouldnt go somewhere like the Jags and win the superbowl, he would come here
I would bet that Jags come crashing back down to earth next year. The titans, Texans and colts will all be back healthy next year, and they really have only beaten pitrsburgh. Granted it was in Pittsburgh, twice. But they havent beaten much yet . a beaten down chiefs team and a not that great Pittsburgh team, on top of a patriots like divisional schedule. They had 6 games this year agains the titans (whom we beat), the colts and the Texans! Does a schedule get any easier??

you still draft a qb

I STILL don't rent a 39 yr old QB ....I stick with RT AND draft a QB to groom behind him...I also don't overpay for a backup that has so little chance of starting (when my QB is injured) that I go out and pay a QB 10 million dollars (what a slap in the face to your backup and the message that sends to your team smh) ....I have a backup on my team already and he needs to be the one I turn to...If he can't take over then why is he on my team?....

Just WOW!

Our screw ups are so legendary, that our fans even advocate going out and getting the guy TWELVE YEARS after the greatest college coach of all time passed on him and gave up a 2nd round pick for Daunte' Culpepper.

Yes, our screw ups are THAT BAD that this STILL seems the better option than what we're currently doing.

Everyone sing!!!.............'cause when you're talkin' Dolphins, you're talkin' super bowl! 'Cause we're the Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins! Miami Dolphins number one. . . Miami........... :wall

Don’t forget 17 years after we passed on drafting him, too.

NBC Sports - ProFootballTalk: Will Drew Brees stay with the Saints? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/will-drew-brees-stay-with-the-saints/

Can someone explain the $18m hit Saints still get even though his deal is expired? That means that if Brees signs for $25m a year the cap could be $43m? Plus his bonus?

Everyone though he would auto re-sign, but financially looks bleak. Lets go Tannenbaum, make a splash

We don't need a splash....we need an organization (from the top down) that fields a TEAM and a core of players that buy into the system...for example who below is the "splash"?

When the Vikings beat the Saints on Sunday to go to the NFC Championship Game, they did so led by four players that other teams didn’t believe in:

Case Keenum, the starting quarterback who was signed to be a third-stringer but spent the season as the starter, was undrafted out of college, cut by the Texans twice, cut by the Rams once, and largely passed over in free agency last year before the Vikings finally offered him a one-year, $2 million contract. Making $2 million a year is nice for most of us, but in the NFL, where a thoroughly mediocre quarterback like Mike Glennon can sign a three-year, $45 million contract, a quarterback who signs for $2 million is a quarterback without other options.

Adam Thielen, who led the Vikings in receiving during the regular season and added six catches on Sunday, was undrafted coming out of Minnesota State, initially ended up with the Vikings as a tryout player without a contract, and was at first released and put on the practice squad before finally making the team the following year.

Stefon Diggs, who scored Sunday’s spectacular game-winning touchdown as time expired, was a big-time recruit who looked great as a freshman at Maryland but broke his leg as a sophomore and never looked the same after that. He slipped to the fifth round of the NFL draft amid concerns that he wouldn’t ever be able to regain his freshman year form.

Andrew Sendejo, the safety who made a spectacular leaping interception of Drew Brees, can’t even be called an undrafted rookie because after NFL teams passed on him in the draft after a college career at Rice, no NFL team signed him. He had to spend his first season of pro football with the Sacramento Mountain Lions of the United Football League, where he played well enough to get noticed by the Cowboys, who signed him briefly and cut him. He then went to the Jets, who signed him briefly and cut him, before finally signing with the Vikings in 2011, originally making the team for his work on special teams, and finally becoming a defensive starter.

Those are the players who just led the Vikings to within one win of the Super Bowl.

Where is the "Brees"??..where is the "Landry"?.... Build a FUNCTIONAL core of players and the winning will come.....don't NEED superstars to win this game....the superstars will come when you get the important things right....

functional>>>dysfunctional...we are dysfunctional....it starts with the vision and leadership from the top ...our players aren't THAT bad...but they are mislead...it looks like Gase is building like minded leaders around him...let's hope they are the right fit

I STILL don't rent a 39 yr old QB ....I stick with RT AND draft a QB to groom behind him...I also don't overpay for a backup that has so little chance of starting (when my QB is injured) that I go out and pay a QB 10 million dollars (what a slap in the face to your backup and the message that sends to your team smh) ....I have a backup on my team already and he needs to be the one I turn to...If he can't take over then why is he on my team?....

You have to get in the proper mindset - ONLY THE QB MATTERS!!! THEY HAVE MAGICAL POWERS TO MAKE EVERYONE AROUND THEM BETTER!!! IF DREW BREES WERE A MIAMI DOLPHIN, DALLAS THOMAS WOULD BE AN ALLSTAR. JAY AJAYI WOULD NOT SCREW UP BLOCKING ASSIGNMENTS. BRIAN HARTLINE WOULD BE THE FIRST EXCEPTION TO THE 5 YEAR WAITING PERIOD FOR HOF INDUCTION. MIKE WALLACE WOULD BE INDUCTED WHILE STILL PLAYING!!!!!!

GET WITH THE PROGRAM - #QBWINZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard the story was Saban wanted Brees but was overruled. Part of the reason he left the pros was he didn't have full control
Wow.....I never heard that. If true that is surprising.

Eagles, Jaguars and Vikings could all beat New England..........If Ryan Tannehill were starting for them in place of their current QB's.

Wow.....I never heard that. If true that is surprising.

Highly doubt it. That was a medical decision. I doubt Saban is overruling doctor's advice.

There is no questioning what would've happened had Brees not torn the labrum and rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder the last week of the season. It's so easy to look back and realize that injury didn't affect the rest of his career and we should've signed him.

Oh the Saints want him back for sure.

But Drew is a free agent and cannot be tagged. Saints cap is not in the best shape and there are some enticing options out there that have plenty of cap to give him arguably better title shots in the next year or two.

I’m sure he’d take a team friendly deal to stay in NO.

I'll be stunned if Brees isn't back in New Orleans with Sean Payton for two more years so that he can break every NFL passing record before he retires.

Back
Top Bottom