Go Get Brees | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Go Get Brees

you are right. major improvement, sorry
Based on what? It's amazing how overrated Cousins is. You consistently knock Tannehill for things that Cousins isn't better at. He's just a name. Makes little to no impact in terms of winning.

If you're all for drafting a QB in the first round because you're not sold on Tannehill.... I disagree, but I get it. But Cousins and the mega contract it'd take to acquire him? It's at best a lateral move.

Based on what? It's amazing how overrated Cousins is. You consistently knock Tannehill for things that Cousins isn't better at. He's just a name. Makes little to no impact in terms of winning.

If you're all for drafting a QB in the first round because you're not sold on Tannehill.... I disagree, but I get it. But Cousins and the mega contract it'd take to acquire him? It's at best a lateral move.

Let a team like the Broncos shell out the Bookoo Bucks for a guy like him only to have it blow up in their faces.

If we want to go a QB route, we're better off drafting a guy and developing him behind Tannehill for a few years, rather than overpaying, since overpaying for a guy has always worked wonders in the past.

We had our chance on Brees twice, once in the 2001 Draft, when we took Jamar Fletcher over him, despite having two great CBs in Madison and Surtain (and solid depth), and again in 2006 when we foolishly went with the diagnosis that Culpepper's knee >>> Brees' shoulder. We failed both times.

At this point, he's too old, our O-line too swiss cheese-like, and he'd get killed behind it. No point playing Jethro Tull and living in the past.

Would you take Brees over Tannehill?
I wouldn't take Brees or Brady (same spot in they careers) for that matter at this crossroad. At a certain point some things just seem wrong.
Like, as if, I ever wanted to see Thurman Thomas in a Dolphins uniform. There is a certain amount of homegrown(ness) needed for me to be proud.
I certainly don't need to take Brees (too late) and show continued stupidity, who cares if he is better right now.

You are not getting the point AGAIN. Think before you reply. Maybe not Miami, but that would make you move the thread lol. The Saints pay $18m if he leaves. Add any money to the deal, like $30m a year and prorate a bonus, what could their hit be? $50m? Do you realize that could make them uncompetitive if they have other pending contracts?

Maybe you should follow your own advice and think before you reply (or start a thread)

NBC Sports - ProFootballTalk: Will Drew Brees stay with the Saints? http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/14/will-drew-brees-stay-with-the-saints/

Can someone explain the $18m hit Saints still get even though his deal is expired? That means that if Brees signs for $25m a year the cap could be $43m? Plus his bonus?

Everyone though he would auto re-sign, but financially looks bleak. Lets go Tannenbaum, make a splash
not following this. If he is released, why would the $25 million plus bonus mean anything to the Saints?

We have a QB who may or may not be able to lead this team to the playoffs in Tannehill; the jury is still out on RT in the Gase offense because of the injury. You want to go get Brees for one year, maybe two, and start over after that? Even with Brees, this team isn't winning a Super Bowl. Let's see what Ryan can do next year and we can start over if he's not the guy. We can get a one year head start on the rebuild.

We have a QB who may or may not be able to lead this team to the playoffs in Tannehill; the jury is still out on RT in the Gase offense because of the injury. You want to go get Brees for one year, maybe two, and start over after that? Even with Brees, this team isn't winning a Super Bowl. Let's see what Ryan can do next year and we can start over if he's not the guy. We can get a one year head start on the rebuild.
Exactly. Either keep the guy they have and draft a new guy, or pay a **** load of money for the next couple years for one guy and draft a new guy. Which one makes more sense? I'd rather keep the money and draft a guy.

If this were a realistic option I'd be all for getting Brees and taking a shot at winning it all. A great qb makes a huge difference. Which is ironic because I've seen this argument about the team missing RT all year. Anyway I'm more of a phin fan than a Tannehill fan so I go for whatever makes the team better

Pleasssse make it stop!

It's not going to stop. QB was a huge problem for Miami in 17, all Cutler and Moore's fault obviously, the site will be jumpy about Ryan even though he had nothing to do with it. It's really a waste of time as the Fins are not moving on from Tannehill in 2018.

My god, op! This being a dumbass suggestion has nothing to do with RT.

Back
Top Bottom