Good News for 'Phins, bad news for Jets | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News for 'Phins, bad news for Jets

Yeah like someone said it was Sean Gilbert. I remember this playing out, because I used to live in the DC area. This whole Revis thing could get really ugly -- and that is the wild card. I do believe the Jets are playing a public game of chess, but they are also freaking out in private.

why are we hatin' revis? dude deserves the money, if anything this is really about the man trying to stiff the little guy.

why are we hatin' revis? dude deserves the money, if anything this is really about the man trying to stiff the little guy.

He definitely deserves the money. The day after they lost the AFCC Game Woody and Tanny told him they wanted to tear up his contract, redo it, and sign him to a long term deal. This goes along with Fat Rex not being able to keep his pie hole just about how great of a player Revis is and boost not only his confidence but his leverage as well. Now those three are trying to paint Revis as greedy when this whole situation was their doing. What's worse is alot of the fans in New York are siding with the owners because they are to dumb to think for themselves. What a cluster ****. They are getting what they deserved for creating this whole situation.

He does deserve the money, but from an owners perspective you DON'T do it b/c Revis has "3 years" left on his current contract. This could open up the flood gate to having numerous contract renegotiation's on the Jets in an uncapped year. The top 5 CB contracts were signed when they were UFA.

With Gilbert advising Revis and the difficult situation making Revis the highest paid CB would put the Jets organization in Revis NOT playing this year is a real possibility.

Revis won't budge. He wants a signing bonus and already voided his 30 million guaranteed for 2011 and 2012. His uncle sat out an entire year and made more money in the end.

"Look at the Leon situation," Revis told ESPNNewYork.com in June. "They were working on his contract, and he broke his leg and missed the season, and now he has no stability, no comfort zone, no anything."

where did you get that??? voided $30 mil guaranteed over 2 years...that doesn't sound right

sure he deserves the money, but he had 20 mil due to him over the next few seasons, seems pretty good for a contract you held out on when you first signed it... the question is did he sign that rookie deal thinking he was going to suck? did he not expect to be a top corner in the league? why not put more incentives then to make that money off the first contract if you become one of the better CBs in the league, especially being that you held out for weeks before signing that one?

im usually all for the player getting their money, but the fact that he has 3 seasons left is why i dont like it... plus he held out for it in the first place

anyway the fact that he just forfeited 20mil for this holdout makes the situation that much more difficult to predict, i dont think he'll hold out the whole season, but I do think he'll end up signing a new deal much lower than what they were hoping for because again he wont just come back and play with the current contract because of that forfeited 20mil....

I don't care what he does last I checked we swept them with Revis, not only that he was torches by the biggest pansy ever. This Revis Island thing is out of control and P. Manning showed it can be picked apart. Now ill sit back and wait for Junc to tell me how our 2 special teams tds and a fumble return don't really count.

yeah but is it $20 mil GUARANTEED owed revis over the next few years on his existing deal??? cause that's what he wants...more guaranteed up front money...these guys aren't dumb...he knows his value to this franchise and he also knows that there are no health guarantees in football...he could blow out his knee and never be the same at any time...he's trying to strike while the iron is hot and he's the top player at his position and maybe the top defender in the league period...he wants that guaranteed money

Revis will probably end up playing in week 1. But he is missing a lot of reps with the starting defense. All the drama and media coverage has to be annoying and a minor distraction for the other Jets in training camp. It's a media circus lol. Props to the Dolphins front office for having everyone signed and in camp, eliminating any Prima Donna dramas.

K the Jets will bend down first. Revis will not play for 3 million. thats too low for a guy of his caliver.

i love, the hype the jets got last season are really haunting them in the end.

I think there will be excuses no matter what now, "he wasnt in camp that long" etc. etc. Its bound to happen just like when we win games its because of something out of our control.

Back
Top Bottom