Good News for 'Phins, bad news for Jets | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Good News for 'Phins, bad news for Jets

yeah but is it $20 mil GUARANTEED owed revis over the next few years on his existing deal??? cause that's what he wants...more guaranteed up front money...these guys aren't dumb...he knows his value to this franchise and he also knows that there are no health guarantees in football...he could blow out his knee and never be the same at any time...he's trying to strike while the iron is hot and he's the top player at his position and maybe the top defender in the league period...he wants that guaranteed money

yes the $20 mil would be guaranteed after this season... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/art...evis-contract-dispute-has-many-layers-nuances

basically if he played this year, he can void the contract next year, and the jets to buy it back would owe him $20 mil guaranteed... but once he held out, that portion of the contract is null

Well if you are gonna talk about him for 18 months and boost him up to be the best there is I feel like the Jets are morons for not understanding this would happen. And from what I hear they are about 4.5 million a season apart, and i hear they are looking 6-7 years on the extension meaning they could be 27-32 million apart thats alot of negotiation to get to a happy medium.

As the great Dwyane Wade would say, "New York is not loyal to its players."

I saw Woody's interview on NFL Network and he said he didn't expect a deal done by the start of the season. He then followed that up with it was his feeling right at that moment and that his feelings have gone up and down. Revis will be playing and the Jets will pay him as the highest paid CB in the league. They have been built to win now and not having a key piece on the field would be moronic after all the money they have put in to this. I hope he plays so the Jets and their fans have no excuses when they come crashing back to earth.

yes the $20 mil would be guaranteed after this season... http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/art...evis-contract-dispute-has-many-layers-nuances

basically if he played this year, he can void the contract next year, and the jets to buy it back would owe him $20 mil guaranteed... but once he held out, that portion of the contract is null

so he's walking away from $20 mil guaranteed with 3 years left on his deal??? that sounds a bit crazy on his part...i have to admit...he must have been promised something by rex or someone in the front office then...cause walking away from $20 mil is a bit much to swallow

This is all very entertaining and interesting to comment ande bate upon...but if I was a Dolphin player, I´d be preparing to play and defeat the current Jet players on the team. There is enough quality on their roster for them to beat us without Revis, and to think hes their only deciding factor, is dangerous and irresponsible.

And don’t forget, I think he’ll lose this year of eligibility towards free agency if he doesn’t report today.

All in all very entertaining stuff.

You sign a contract....you should honor it. Yes, in the grand scheme of things he could get paid more, but he has a contract that he signed and he should be on the field practicing as we speak.

If your considered the best at your position, you deserve to be paid like it.

You sign a contract....you should honor it. Yes, in the grand scheme of things he could get paid more, but he has a contract that he signed and he should be on the field practicing as we speak.

I think the jests mgmt went up to Revis and told him they were going to give him a new contract. They started this process, then their offer was rejected by Revis.

It don't matter. Once the jests lose one game all the screws and bolts are going to start to come off of that team. It's going to be fun as hell watching that train wreck this season.

What will happen to Ryan if they have a losing season?

I think the NY media will ask for his fat head on a platter.

My thinking is Revis will eventually budge. He'll play this season before the year is done, but i think he will sit out maybe 6 games. One thing is for sure, I doubt he will be a Jet next year.

Back
Top Bottom