Grading the Draft: All 32 Teams | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grading the Draft: All 32 Teams

colts really did nail it with their first four picks. i like that they went and 3 weapons while in the beginning process of a complete rebuild, just further points to the evolution of the game IMO. keep em coming slimms.

Atlanta Falcons

#55 Overall -- Peter Konz / C / Wisconsin

I had a late 1st round grade on Konz and figured he might come off the board earlier than this as the #1 center on my board. Falcons get tremendous value here getting him an entire round later at the end of the 2nd. A true road grader in Paul Chryst's IZ, and his bread-and-butter is mauling run defenders. Should fit right in with the inside zone running game in Atlanta. Grade: A-

#91 Overall -- Lamar Holmes / OT / Southern Miss

Holmes was the #14 offensive tackle on my board and had a 5th round grade on him. Falcons reached here for Holmes, but could end up worth this pick if they can develope him. Got run ragged by Vinny Curry. Did a solid job against Sammy Brown in the C-USA Championship Game. Long arms which will help him at the tackle spot. Helped himself in the East-West Shrine Game. Grade: C+

#157 Overall -- Bradie Ewing / FB / Wisconsin

I typically don't put true West Coast fullbacks on my draft board, and Ewing wasn't on it. However, he would've been the only true West Coast fullback that I would've been interested in taking in this draft. Another staple of Paul Chryst's offense at Wisconsin and was an outstanding receiver catching passes out of the backfield in the flat from Russell Wilson. Good blocker who helped Montee Ball become a Heisman candidate. Falcons should find a way to utilize his ability. Grade: C

#164 Overall -- Jonathan Massaquoi / DE / Troy

#19 defensive end on my board and had a 6th round grade on him. Probably good value here at this slot for a kid who could become a rotational pass rusher. Followed in the footsteps of productive Troy pass rushers DeMarcus Ware, Osi Umenyiora, Brandon Lang, and Cameron Sheffield. Falls right in the middle between the latter two and Ware/Umenyiora as a prospect. Grade: C+

#192 Overall -- Charles Mitchell / S / Mississippi St.

Mitchell didn't make it on my draft board. Just didn't show me enough and I tend to give Mississippi St. defenders the benefit of the doubt. Grade: D

#249 Overall -- Travian Robertson / DT / South Carolina

#27 defensive tackle on my board and gave him a 7th round flyer grade. That's essentially what he is here. Grade: C

Carolina Panthers

#9 Overall -- Luke Kuechly / ILB / Boston College

#1 inside linebacker on my board and had a top 10 grade on Kuechly. This was my pick for Miami at #8 had I been the one pulling the trigger. Instincts and football IQ are at an elite level that you don't often see. Rare size/speed ratio for a linebacker. Threatened to break the NCAA record for tackles after only 3 seasons as a starter. Best coverage linebacker in the draft. Will make the front calls and play the cat and mouse game with the elite centers in the league. Panthers get one of the truly elite defensive players in the draft here. Grade: A+

#40 Overall -- Amini Silatolu / OG / Midwestern St.

#4 guard on my board and had a 3rd round grade on this small school stud. Completely dominated the players lined up across from him at that level to the point that it was unfair. I've watched over 300 snaps on this kid and count the number of times he didn't pancake his man and still have fingers left. Played left tackle but will kick inside at the next level. I'd get him on the field immediately and work the kinks out from there if I were the Panthers since they reached a bit for him here. Grade: C+

#103 Overall -- Frank Alexander / DE / Oklahoma

#17 defensive end on my board and had a 5th round grade on him. Has gotten the better of tackles like Riley Reiff and Andrew Datko. Little bit of a reach this early but could be a rotational pass rusher. Grade: C+

#104 Overall -- Joe Adams / WR / Arkansas

I had a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade on Adams and was the #2 slot receiver on my board behind Ryan Broyles. Didn't time as well on a stopwatch as he plays in pads. I tend to trust what I see in pads here. Dynamic punt returner. Not a polished route runner and hands aren't always reliable. Drops some passes that are dead on the money. Solid pick to get him here. Grade: B-

#143 Overall -- Josh Norman / CB / Coastal Carolina

Didn't have him on my draft board. Hard to play corner in the NFL as slow as he is. Grade: F

#207 Overall -- Brad Nortman / P / Wisconsin

I don't scout punters.

#216 Overall -- D.J. Campbell / S / California

Campbell wasn't on my draft board. Grade: D

New Orleans Saints

#89 Overall -- Akiem Hicks / DT / Regina (Canada)

#15 defensive tackle on my board and had an early 5th round grade on him. Was one of the top JUCO defensive tackles in the country at one point and signed with LSU before transferring due to recruitment violations. Probably would've been a 2nd round pick had he been able to develope at LSU. Grade: C+

#122 Overall -- Nick Toon / WR / Wisconsin

I had a 6th round grade on Toon and was the #19 wide receiver on my board. Effort blocker in the run game and fairly average at everything else. Doesn't do anything great or terrible, although I thought he was a slight reach here. Grade: C

#162 Overall -- Corey White / S / Samford

This kid was essentially right around in my back yard in Birmingham and I had never heard of him. Obviously will defer to the Saints with this selection.

#179 Overall -- Andrew Tiller / OG / Syracuse

Didn't scout this player and will defer to the Saints.

#234 Overall -- Marcel Jones / OT / Nebraska

Wasn't on my draft board due to being a heavy legged waist bender in pass protection. Decent run blocker for the Huskers. Grade: D+

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

#7 Overall -- Mark Barron / S / Alabama

Consensus top safety in the draft and Tampa traded up for him after realizing Trent Richardson wasn't going to happen. I had a top 20 grade on Barron and the dropoff after him to the rest of the safety class was a significant one in my estimation. Battled through some injuries during his career and the level of his play never suffered because of it... and it endeared him to scouts and personnel executives who value this type of throwback attitude. Tore his pec muscle in the first half of the Iron Bowl in 2010 and had to be replaced in the secondary by a walk-on named Will Lowery. What ensued was one of the great collapses I've ever seen by an Alabama defense. Cam Newton had been held in check and harrassed into jitters while Bama built a 24-7 halftime lead. 21 second half points later, Alabama walked off the field in defeat by the score of 28-27 at the hands of our hated in-state rival due to blown coverages and mis-communication in the secondary. Barron was the quarterback of the defense after Rolando McClain moved on to the NFL. If not for the injury, Barron would've declared as a Junior and entered the draft. A leader and key cog on a defense that won 2 National Championships, and one of the best defenses I've ever seen in college football. Grade: A-

#31 Overall -- Doug Martin / RB / Boise St.

The #2 feature back on my board behind Richardson and had a late 1st/early 2nd round grade on him. Does everything well. Compact, powerful runner with deceptive speed and agility. Most productive back catching passes out of the backfield in the Chris Peterson era at Boise St. I like this pick. Grade: A-

#58 Overall -- Lavonte David / OLB / Nebraska

The #2 4-3 outside linebacker on my board and had a 2nd round grade on him. Undersized niche linebacker who's not a fit for every scheme. Best fit was in a Tampa-2 style defense in my opinion. Instinctive, reads keys well and flies to the football. Reliable wrap up tackler. Great value here for the Bucs. Grade: A

#140 Overall -- Najee Goode / ILB / West Virginia

Goode wasn't on my draft board. Reach here. Grade: D

#174 Overall -- Keith Tandy / CB / West Virginia

#19 cornerback on my board and had a 4th round grade on him. This pick made more sense where they took Najee Goode. Tandy is a solid tackling cornerback and breaks down well in the open field. Will stick his nose in there and support the run on the perimeter, which is a staple of Tampa-2 style corners. Very nice pick here. Grade: B-

#212 Overall -- Michael Smith / RB / Utah St.

The #5 change-of-pace back on my board and had a 4th round grade on him. I've touted this kid as one of the most underrated backs in the draft for several months. Split carries with Robert Turbin at Utah St. Breaks arm tackles and incredibly explosive runner. Compact. Averages right at 7 yards/carry for his career. Always reminded me of Willie Parker. Grade: B-

#233 Overall -- Drake Dunsmore / H-back / Northwestern

#2 H-back on my board and had a 5th round grade on him. Tested very well athletically and should be able to make the roster and develope. One of Dan Persa's favorite targets. Grade: C+

Dallas Cowboys

#6 Overall -- Morris Claiborne / CB / LSU

Cowboys trade up to take the #1 cornerback on my board, and what has long been the best defensive player in the draft in my opinion. Rangy, athletic, shutdown cornerback who plays like he's 6'3". Long arms for his frame which allows him to pluck the ball out of the air... and knows what to do with it after he does. Can take to the house. As good a hips and transition as you'll ever see on a defensive back. Also a dangerous kick returner. Only gave up 1 touchdown reception all season to Stedman Bailey. Needs to improve his tackling somewhat, but should be a pro-bowler. I like the Dale Carter comparison made by Mr. Hunt. Grade: A

#81 Overall -- Tyrone Crawford / DE / Boise St.

#8 defensive end on my board and had a 2nd round grade on him. Surprised to see him still available at this point in the draft. Dallas gets a potential steal here. Grade: B+

#113 Overall -- Kyle Wilber / OLB / Wake Forest

#5 outside linebacker on my board and had a 3rd round grade on him. Wilber has been on my underrated list for the better part of 6 months. Nice change of direction and always around the football. Brings some versatility. Cowboys get excellent value again with this pick. Grade: B-

#135 Overall -- Matt Johnson / S / Eastern Washington

Johnson wasn't on my draft board and never stood out to me when scouting Eastern Washington DT Renard Williams. Grade: D

#152 Overall -- Danny Coale / WR / Virginia Tech

I had a 4th round grade on Coale and rated the #14 wide receiver on my board. Helped his draft stock by testing well in the pre-draft process and pretty good value here. Grade: C+

#186 Overall -- James Hanna / TE / Oklahoma

#14 tight end on my board and barely earned a draftable grade, mainly on athletic upside due to testing at the top of the chart in every athletic event he participated in. Doesn't play to those specs. Drops a lot of balls. Worth a shot here. Grade: C-

#222 Overall -- Caleb McSurdy / ILB / Montana

Didn't make it on my draft board. Grade: D+

New York Giants

#32 Overall -- David Wilson / RB / Virginia Tech

The #2 change-of-pace back on my board and had a 2nd round grade on him. Explosive lower body and it translates onto the field. Slashing runner that likes to bounce it outside and get the corner, but will make himself smaller and get into a crease off the hip of his blocker a little reminiscent of a young Thurman Thomas. Can catch passes out of the backfield in the flat and might be a 3rd down type back early in his career until he polishes up on pass protection and ball security. Typical of Virginia Tech backs, doesn't carry the football the way he should and had fumble issues. VT backs haven't worked out in the NFL and Wilson will have to break that streak. Reach here at 32 overall. Grade: C+

#63 Overall -- Rueben Randle / WR / LSU

The #6 wide receiver on my board and gave him a 2nd round grade. Suffered a little because of the QB issues at LSU. Tremendous vertical threat, and strong catching passes underneath... will fight for extra yardage. Not explosive in and out of breaks and sub-par route runner. Will get to go up against his teammate Morris Claiborne in the NFC East. Grade: B-

#94 Overall -- Jayron Hosley / CB / Virginia Tech

The #5 cornerback on my board and gave him a late 2nd/early 3rd round grade. I tried to get the point across that this kid was a top 100 pick even with the rumors of the failed drug test at the combine. A little undersized, but athletic and competitive. Fluid hips and top-notch ball skills. Led the country with 9 INT's as a sophomore. Returns punts on special teams. Grade: C+

#127 Overall -- Adrien Robinson / TE / Cincinnati

#11 tight end on my board and had a 6th round grade on him. Little bit of a reach here for a kid who mainly played the H-back position for Cincinnati, but does have some in-line experience. Decent kick out blocker and improved his stock at his pro-day. Might develope, might not. Has some skills to work with and Giants tend to develope tight ends. Grade: C-

#131 Overall -- Brandon Mosely / OT / Auburn

One of the few draftable players from Auburn, and by far the best one. The #5 tackle on my board I had a 2nd round grade on Mosely. Size, arm length, athletic ability, experience, durability, battle tested, and impressive on film. There wasn't a lot not to like with this kid. I figured he'd last until the 5th round and had Miami taking him there... he didn't quite make it that far. Should make a solid pro for the Giants. Grade: A-

#201 Overall -- Matt McCants / OT / UAB

#13 tackle on my board and gave him a 5th round grade. Developmental tackle with all the tools to be a starter. Struggled mightily with Vinny Curry. Seemed a little distracted at the Senior Bowl. Easily worth a pick at this point. Grade: C+

#239 Overall -- Markus Kuhn / DT / N.C. State

Wasn't on my draft board. Grade: D-

Philadelphia Eagles

#12 Overall -- Fletcher Cox / DT / Mississippi St.

The #1 defensive tackle on my board since the moment he declared and had a top 15 grade on him. Athetic freak of nature, and made note of that back in July in my underrated underclassman thread. Saban recruited him to play the 'jack' linebacker position at Alabama that Courtney Upshaw ended up playing for us. Continued to grow into his frame without losing the speed and athletic ability.... only got better as a player. Versatile and played all over the defensive line for Mississippi St. One of the few college lineman that can play all 4 of the basic blocks (base, down, reach, pass pro). Motor never stops. Grade: A+

#46 Overall -- Mychal Kendricks / ILB / California

The #2 inside linebacker on my board and had a late 1st/early 2nd round grade on Kendricks. Top notch instincts and continuously fought his way through blocks and made plays at the LOS. Reads his keys, avoids false steps, always around the football, and takes pure angles. The main thing separating him from Kuechly is height difference in my opinion. Great linebacker. Grade: A

#59 Overall -- Vinny Curry / DE / Marshall

The #2 defensive end on my board and I had given him a 1st round grade. The most productive defensive lineman in the draft. I had Miami taking him at the top of the 2nd round. Eagles get an absolute steal here in my opinion. Grade: A+

#88 Overall -- Nick Foles / QB / Arizona

I had a 5th round grade on Foles and the #10 quarterback on my board. Andy Reid will develope him and work out the kinks. Struggled as a Senior some due to two freshman offensive tackles, and his main target, Juron Criner missing a few games. Reid's accelerated quarterback development regimen could justify this reach. Grade: C+

#123 Overall -- Brandon Boykin / CB / Georgia

#7 cornerback on my board and gave him an early 3rd round grade. Fast, athletic corner with elite kick return ability is another steal at this point for Eagles. Grade: B+

#153 Overall -- Dennis Kelly / OT / Purdue

Didn't scout this player and will defer to Eagles.

#194 Overall -- Marvin McNutt / WR / Iowa

#18 wide receiver on my board and gave him a 6th round grade. Not explosive and struggles to separate against top cornerbacks. Came off the board about where he should have. Grade: C

#200 Overall -- Brandon Washington / OG / Miami

#8 guard on my board and gave him a 3rd round grade due to versatility among other things. This is excellent value here at this point in the draft. Grade: B+

#229 Overall -- Bryce Brown / RB / Kansas St.

Brown wasn't on my draft board due to everything under the sun. Worth a late round flyer if he focuses on football. Grade: C+

Washington Redskins

#2 Overall -- Robert Griffin / QB / Baylor

The #4 quarterback on my board and gave him a 2nd round grade. I'm not sold on this kid despite the catchy nickname that's generated so much hype for him and the goofy socks. He'll either prove me wrong or prove me right. In the meantime... Grade: C+

#71 Overall -- Josh LeRibeus / OG / SMU

I didn't scout this player and will defer to the Redskins with this selection.

#102 Overall -- Kirk Cousins / QB / Michigan St.

#7 quarterback on my board and gave him a late 4th/early 5th round grade based mostly on character and leadership. Has some physical tools, but I've seen way too much of him on the field to overlook his flaws. Grade: C+

#119 Overall -- Keenan Robinson / OLB / Texas

The #4 4-3 outside linebacker on my board and gave him a 3rd round grade. This is pretty good value here for Robinson. Intelligent, high character kid with some leadership qualities. Grade: C+

#141 Overall -- Adam Gettis / OG / Iowa

Gettis wasn't on my draft board. Reach based on workout numbers. Grade: D

#173 Overall -- Alfred Morris / RB / Florida Atlantic

#10 runningback on my board and had a 5th round grade on Morris. This is the best pick the Redskins have made so far in my opinion. Compact, powerful runner who seeks out contact, finishes runs, and punishes would be tacklers. Shorter version of Ronnie Brown in his running style. I've always felt like he was one of the more overlooked backs in this class. Grade: B-

#193 Overall -- Tom Compton / OT / South Dakota

#10 offensive tackle on my board and had a 4th round grade on him. Redskins make two solid picks back-to-back late in the draft. Developmental tackle with starter potential. Grade: B-

#213 Overall -- Richard Crawford / CB / SMU

Make that three solid picks late in the draft, and this one might be the best of the three. Crawford was the #11 cornerback on my board and had a late 3rd round grade on him. Major steal at this point in the draft. Grade: A-

#217 Overall -- Jordan Bernstine / CB / Iowa

Didn't make it on my draft board. Grade: D-

Houston Texans

#26 Overall -- Whitney Mercilus / DE / Illinois

#9 defensive end on my board and had a 2nd round grade on Mercilus. Questionable pick considering who they passed up, but Texans obviously feel good about his 1 year of production. Relentless motor and gets a lot of his sacks due to second and third effort as opposed to flat out winning at the snap. Not the worst pick here, but not the best either in my opinion. Grade: C+

#68 Overall -- DeVier Posey / WR / Ohio St.

Posey wasn't on my draft board. Not a fan of him off the field or on it. I don't like this pick at all. Grade: F-

#76 Overall -- Brandon Brooks / OG / Miami (Ohio)

#3 guard on my board and had a 3rd round grade on Brooks. Should fit in well with the Texans zone blocking scheme. This kid can flat out play and should've been invited to the combine. Grade: A-

#99 Overall -- Ben Jones / C / Georgia

I had a 6th round grade on Jones and was rated my #6 center. One of the more overhyped offensive line prospects in the draft, and I just never saw it. Looked clueless at times. This is a reach. Grade: D+

#121 Overall -- Keshawn Martin / WR / Michigan St.

I didn't have Martin on my draft board. Slot receiver who could make the roster for Texans, but probably could've had him later. Grade: C-

#126 Overall -- Jared Crick / DE-DT / Nebraska

#14 defensive tackle on my board and #5 3-4 defensive end should he get looks from teams employing a 30 front and gave him a 4th round grade. Struggled with injuries as a Senior but can flat out play. One of the better picks of the entire 4th round. Grade: B

#161 Overall -- Randy Bullock / K / Texas A&M

I don't scout kickers unless they're in high school and in our division.

#195 Overall -- Nick Mondek / OT / Purdue

I didn't scout Mondek and will defer to the Texans on this pick.

I love a bunch of your comments about several players, great work. But I respectfully disagree quite a bit about Devier Posey.

ted slimm i like your analysis, thanks for this thread. I gotta disagree with you on the rg3 grade though, i give him an A.

New England Patriots

#21 Overall -- Chandler Jones / DE / Syracuse

I had a 2nd round grade on Jones and rated him the #7 defensive end on my board. NFL Draft Advisory Board gave him a 3rd round grade...but his stock improved due to testing well at the combine. Patriots reached a little for the upside that Jones brings with him. Strong at the point and delivers a jolt on contact when hand placement is correct. Uses his hands well and best move is the bull rush. Won't turn and run the arc like a Nick Perry will. Struggles a little bit to redirect. Missed 5 games this year because of a knee injury. Has the potential to play up to this draft slot. Grade: B

#25 Overall -- Dont'a Hightower / ILB / Alabama

The #3 inside linebacker on my board and gave him a 2nd round grade. Always shot the correct gap to stuff runs at the LOS for little or no gain in key situations. Can move out and rush the passer with his hand in the dirt at DE, and did it quite well. I've seen him rag-doll 330 pound D.J. Fluker in practice. Has destroyed several college offensive tackles with his bull rush playing with his hand in the dirt. Belichick will enjoy finding several different ways to utilize the versatility his new toy on defense brings. Leader and team player. Grade: B

#48 Overall -- Tavon Wilson / S / Illinois

Puzzling pick here. Wilson wasn't on my draft board and I specifically looked at him several times. The kid who always stuck out to me in Illinois' secondary was Terry Hawthorne, who I'll talk about more in preparation for the 2013 draft. For now, this is a stretch to me. Grade: D-

#90 Overall -- Jake Bequette / DE / Arkansas

#12 defensive end on my board and had a mid-4th round grade on Bequette. A kid we've talked about in the draft forum for a while as an underrated player. Decent pick here. Grade: C+

#197 Overall -- Nate Ebner / S / Ohio St.

Wasn't on my draft board. Probably a special teams player is my guess. Grade: D

#224 Overall -- Alfonzo Dennard / CB / Nebraska

The #8 cornerback on my board and had a 3rd round grade on him. No doubt he would've been selected around that range had he not been arrested for punching a police officer. Physical corner who specializes in press coverage and jamming receivers...disrupting and preventing routes from developing. Likes to throw punches, should probably consider boxing if NFL career doesn't materialize. Could be a nice grab here in the 7th round. Grade: C+

#235 Overall -- Jeremy Ebert / WR / Northwestern

#6 slot receiver on my board and had a 5th round grade on Ebert. Talked about him several times as one of the most underrated receivers in the Senior class. Blazing speed and productive in Big-10. Has the ability to be a major steal here in the mold of a faster Wes Welker in that system. Grade: A-

Is it just me, or do you just despise any and every player from Iowa? I think just about every one of them I have read, you've given a poor grade or didn't have them on your board at all.. for example the mcnutt selection.
you give him a 6th round grade, and he was the 18th WR on your charts..
he goes in the 6th round as the 26th wideout drafted and you gave them a C grade? isn't that a good pick, considering they took him exactly right where you thought he should go? I think i don't understand your grading scale. Are you grading the pick based on where the team took them in respect to their value, or is the grade strictly for the player and players potential as you see it?

New York Jets

#16 Overall -- Quinton Coples / DE / North Carolina

#3 defensive end on my board and had a top 20 grade on him. Jets get good value here for versatile defensive lineman. Motor issues concern me less than the fact I question his ability to be a truly dominant pass rusher on the edge. Could be Greg Ellis, or could be Ebenezer Ekuban. Probably falls somewhere in between. If Rex can't get it out of him then I just don't think it's there. Grade: B

#43 Overall -- Stephen Hill / WR / Georgia Tech

I had a late 1st/early 2nd round grade on Hill and was rated the #4 wide receiver on my board. Explodes off the line of scrimmage and incredible workout numbers are visible on tape... although the production isn't quite there due to style of offense. Drops some easy passes and will learn how to run routes. Will go up and get the ball in 50/50 situations. Required to go into the middle of the field and root out linebackers in Paul Johnson's double-wing attack. Sky is the limit for this kid. Nice pick here. Grade: B+

#77 Overall -- Demario Davis / OLB / Arkansas St.

The #1 4-3 outside linebacker on my board and had an early 2nd round grade on him. The leader and tone setter for one of the better defenses in college football that nobody knows about. Tested off the charts athletically in most every event at the combine for this class of linebackers. Should become an NFL starter at some point. Grade: A-

#187 Overall -- Josh Bush / S / Wake Forest

Bush didn't make it on my draft board. Grade: D-

#202 Overall -- Terrance Ganaway / RB / Baylor

#2 short yardage back on my board and had a 6th round grade. Productive on the IZ running against soft defenses and 5-6 men in the box. Tested and ran pretty good for back his size. Will find the going gets much tougher where he's headed. Grade: C-

#203 Overall -- Robert T. Griffin / OG / Baylor

Wasn't on my draft board. Grade: D-

#242 Overall -- Antonio Allen / S / South Carolina

#17 safety on my board and had a late round grade. More of an in-the-box safety/linebacker who played the 'spur' position in Ellis Johnson's defense, which is a base 4-2-5 package. Suspect in coverage but a strong tackling safety who's best close to the LOS. Grade: C+

#244 Overall -- Jordan White / WR / Western Michigan

I had a 4th round grade on White and rated him my #7 slot receiver. Fantastic hands and one of the better route runners in this class. More of a #3 or #4 receiver in the NFL. Slow and a little on the old side for a rookie. Suffered 2 ACL injuries in college. I admire the kid's guile to come back from both. Production is eye-popping. Grade: B-

Is it just me, or do you just despise any and every player from Iowa? I think just about every one of them I have read, you've given a poor grade or didn't have them on your board at all.. for example the mcnutt selection.
you give him a 6th round grade, and he was the 18th WR on your charts..
he goes in the 6th round as the 26th wideout drafted and you gave them a C grade? isn't that a good pick, considering they took him exactly right where you thought he should go? I think i don't understand your grading scale. Are you grading the pick based on where the team took them in respect to their value, or is the grade strictly for the player and players potential as you see it?

Both. What my rankings don't necessarily indicate is the size of the gap between each one. The size of the gap boils down to how I feel about the prospects. I don't particularly care to explain in length the size of the gap that I have between each and every player on my draft board. You should be able to determine some of that for yourself simply based on how I've talked about these prospects for going on 9 months now.

I don't have anything against Iowa players. I either like them as a prospect or I don't just like any other program. I liked Pat Angerer, Bryan Bulaga, Adrian Clayborn, A.J. Edds, Bradley Fletcher, Charles Godfrey, Shonn Greene, Aaron Kampman, Tony Moeaki, Amari Spievey, Dallas Clark, Ricky Stanzi, and Marshall Yanda... all Iowa players. I had a high grade on Derrell Johnson-Koulianos until he got busted for being the biggest drug king-pin west of the Mississippi.

I'm fond of Keenan Davis in next year's class of Senior wide receivers.

I just couldn't give Marvin McNutt anything but a late round grade based on his talent. I tried to tell you that a few months ago in the Marvin McNutt thread but you wouldn't pay attention. You're probably not paying attention now.

Back
Top Bottom