Great statement by the Herald..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great statement by the Herald.....

Champ

The Champ
Reaction score
While the Dolphins refuse to give in to Ogunleye, they rewarded Chambers after he participated in every offseason workout, showed up to training camp on time and didn't complain publicly about his current deal.
I really liked that comment.

exactly. Chambers showed he deserved the money. He has been outplaying his contract for a while, but he never complained. I am glad the FO did this one before dealing with Ogunleye...

boy are they swift i like that haha eat that up Ogun

Quote:
While the Dolphins refuse to give in to Ogunleye, they rewarded Chambers after he participated in every offseason workout, showed up to training camp on time and didn't complain publicly about his current deal.

Champ said:
I really liked that comment.
Do remember that Chambers was still under contract. O-Gun is not.

Huge difference the Herald is leaving out.

Dphins4me said:
Quote:

How is Ogunleye not under contract. He is in the final year of his contract. He is holding out this year for more money. A hold out, RFA and UFA are completely different. He IS under contract.

He was a restricted free agent this year...his original deal expired...But we still own his rights...

jmm13-54 said:
He was a restricted free agent this year...his original deal expired...But we still own his rights...

Bottom line, he wasn't free to go anywhere, without us getting compensated...and there was a tendered placed on him, he didn't sign..

True, but the bottom line is, Chambers is classy. Didn't complain about his contract when probably no one would blame him for holding out for a better one. He avoided complaining about not having a big deal when asked about it by the media. He played hard and showed up when he didn't have to even if he wasn't making the big buck. Overall he's a classy individual. I don't necessarily blame O-gun but I think he should come back and play hard. He will be rewarded as CC was. By the way how much cap space will we have?

look... ogun deserves more money... its just the way thing work... besides, no one wants to go to training camp....

I remember Chambers commenting awhile back that he was going to play hard and let his game do the talking. He said he knew the money would definetly come, so that wasn't one of his worries. He was very patient, gave his all and the orginization showed their appreciation so to speak.

Dphins4me said:
Quote:

I remember O-Gun crying last year too. You know, back when he was under contract.

:roflmao: :roflmao: I was going to say the exact same thing inFINsible (notice I didn't call you inFINS). :up:

Back
Top Bottom