Great statement by the Herald..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Great statement by the Herald.....

For those Yankee fans amung us, I really see Chambers becoming Miami's "Jeter". Maybe not being the most outgoing guy, but getting it done on and off the field and leading by example.

inFINSible said:
Miami has to protect itself as much as Wale has to try and get what he can. I have no problem with them not guaranteeing the second tier. Basically all he has to do is not have a career ending injury and he'll get all his money.

I have no problem with the second tier of the bonus not being guaranteed either. But it's not about us. :)

We have all seen before if teams over play their hand with the leverage the CBA offers to continually take advantage of players they lose them.

Wale has already played for three years with a $7,550 guarantee. If the F.O. continues to push its advantage we could lose a great young player with good character.

If you don't care about that either that's cool. But it is bad management to continue to take advantage of one of your team's better players and reward others because you have to or you want to motivate them. :huh:

I don't see how he has good character, being that he's been complaining about money for the last two years. IMO if he would have showed up to camp and done everything he was SUPPOSED to do. He'd have a deal. Rick obviously sees that Wanny was getting pimped by his players and doesn't want to be part of it. The prince shouldn't even have to worry about money, ya know, because he's a prince and all. I say good for you Rick, this guy's a di*k. He's reminding me of crybaby Terrell Owens.

Dolfan73 said:
I don't see how he has good character, being that he's been complaining about money for the last two years. IMO if he would have showed up to camp and done everything he was SUPPOSED to do. He'd have a deal. Rick obviously sees that Wanny was getting pimped by his players and doesn't want to be part of it. The prince shouldn't even have to worry about money, ya know, because he's a prince and all. I say good for you Rick, this guy's a di*k. He's reminding me of crybaby Terrell Owens.
Amen. Trade him for Edge!! ;) :lol:

I don't know about comparing him to TO but he has been a little bit cry babyish. I am gonna side with Rick on this one being that I've loved every off-season move he's made so far. I'm sure he has a plan or he's waiting for something before inking Ogun. Someone on this board said Rick might be waiting till the end of TC for another team to get hit with an injury and wala Ogun is now worth an RB and a pick or whatever the case may be. That is a strong possiblity and I think it's the smart thing to do. Either way, I'm convinced that Ogun will be starting game 1 of the season. Whether or not he's in a Dolphins helmet remains to be seen.

Dredd1050 said:
Are you willing to face freeney and wale with our o-line if we make the playoffs. Also edge is not worth wale maybe edge and a 1st rd pick.

chrome4 said:
Are you willing to face freeney and wale with our o-line if we make the playoffs. Also edge is not worth wale maybe edge and a 1st rd pick.
Umm yes. Seeing how A)They would make the playoffs and B)Miami will lose him for nothing next year.

eltos_lightfoot said:
exactly. Chambers showed he deserved the money. He has been outplaying his contract for a while, but he never complained. I am glad the FO did this one before dealing with Ogunleye...
This is a great point. I feel that Chambers could already have been in a ProBowl if utilized correctly. We should thank him for being willing to stay despite all the years of a rather mediocre passing game. He could have easily pursued greener pastures in terms of a passing offense that could more readily provide him probowl numbers.

OGun was also undrafted as Chambers was a 2nd round pick. I think Ogun does deserve more $$$ but I don't blame either side for the way things have gone so far. Unlike Baseball where all the contract is guaranteed, Football contracts are not. Only the signing bonus is, so I can see where OGun wants to get as much as he can.

Merman said:
I have no problem with the second tier of the bonus not being guaranteed either. But it's not about us. :)

We have all seen before if teams over play their hand with the leverage the CBA offers to continually take advantage of players they lose them.

Wale has already played for three years with a $7,550 guarantee. If the F.O. continues to push its advantage we could lose a great young player with good character.

If you don't care about that either that's cool. But it is bad management to continue to take advantage of one of your team's better players and reward others because you have to or you want to motivate them. :huh:

How are we taking advantage if technically he's not even supposed to get more than the 1.8 million tender for this year?

Instead of that, we're saying we'll give you 7 mill now and we'll give you another 5 mill next year. (or however the breakdown goes)

I don't see that as taking advantage. I see that as compromise.

Dredd1050 said:

That would be insane considering that Edge will be an unrestricted F-A next season !!!

Try to sign Ogunn !!!

Marino1983

As the MAyor told Cameron Diaz in Any Given Sunday, "First you go along then you get along!" Ogun was restricted this year. He was offered 1.8 million for this season. He should have shut up and taken the money and produced for another year. If he'd put up a good year the Phins would have offered him a good deal for next year.

Merman said:
Wale was not under contract last year either. He was an exclusive rights free agent. He could only negotiate with the Dolphins for a required tender offer of $375k.

His problem was he had just come off a 9.5 sack season and thought that he at least deserved a few incentives. He was right and didn't sign until they gave him some incentives on the eve of training camp.

This is what they gave him:
125k for 14 or more sacks
100k for leading the team in sacks
25k for making the pro bowl.

Guess what, he made them all. The truth is he has been way underpaid for two years now. He made $304k for his 9 sack season and some think Chambers was underpaid???

Check it out. Chambers received a $ 1,187,500 signing bonus. So tell me who was getting under paid???

Forgot to tell you all, Wale's signing bonus was $7,550.

The difference is $1.18 million.

Now Wale did have some bad luck getting hurt in college and having to enter the NFL as an undrafted free agent. But after four years the Dolphins are still giving him the runaround and most of the fans don't even realize it. Or worse yet want to blame him.

Dude, I think your either Rosenhaus or your stalking him.

Back
Top Bottom