Gregg Rosenthal calls out Omar over Wallace criticism | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gregg Rosenthal calls out Omar over Wallace criticism

Maybe. But couldn't you say the same thing about someone for throwing out a piece with positive observations that the author knows don't mean much but will get him attention from the fan base because it tells them what they want to hear?

It's basically the same thing. Like I said it's content generation at a time when there's not much significant content to write about.

Sure. That would be the same thing. Though if there are Phins beat writers out there deliberately blowing people's skirts up I don't know who they are. Either way this term "content generation" doesn't really do justice to Omar's strategy. It's a nice way of saying he's being dishonest when we should just say he's being dishonest.

It always amazes me that Omar is widely recognized as a horrible beat writer yet people still read his stuff and get upset with it. I follow Omar on Twitter but learned a long time ago not to put much stock into his evaluations. He is not a sole source of info by any means just one of all the Dolphin beat writers I read. My advice would be that if you can't read Omar without the ability to filter out the garbage, don't.

Pretty much. He's a ****ing idiot, which is why I don't pay attention to him. I wouldn't be half as aware that he's an idiot if we didn't constantly have posts about the idiotic things he's writing.

I ****ing love that he killed Omar in the article. I do not care what the content is...Omar sucks.

Not only does the local media and fans disrespect him, but now the national media is catching on to him and are starting to publicly disrespect him. He just performed career suicide on himself by acting so unprofessional.

Did we ever hear Darlington report like he does? No.. What happened? Darlington got promoted. Did we ever hear Volin report like he does? No.. What happened? Volin promoted. The next up will be Barry Jackson. The we will be stuck with just Omar and Armando.. Both commit career suicide daily.
I ****ing love that he killed Omar in the article. I do not care what the content is...Omar sucks.

Did we ever hear Darlington report like he does? No.. What happened? Darlington got promoted. Did we ever hear Volin report like he does? No.. What happened? Volin promoted. The next up will be Barry Jackson. The we will be stuck with just Omar and Armando.. Both commit career suicide daily.[/

PLEASE DONT LEAVE US BARRY!!! Your all we got left

Sure. That would be the same thing. Though if there are Phins beat writers out there deliberately blowing people's skirts up I don't know who they are. Either way this term "content generation" doesn't really do justice to Omar's strategy. It's a nice way of saying he's being dishonest when we should just say he's being dishonest.

I have no idea how what he wrote was dishonest. That's the primary disconnect I'm having with you on this.

IMO Omar Kelly privately thinks Tannehill is a 2nd string QB and doesn't really care for him.

So,when Omar points out that Tannehill threw a blown coverage deep pass to Mike Wallace,I ignore the opinion (Blow coverage) part and try and judge it from other reports or sources.

Omar Kelly is the Bleacher report II,has some good,but has some bad and questionable opinions.

The best part about all of that is that it makes a lick of difference what Kelly has to say. Now if he had some influence over how Tannehill and Co. played that'd be a whole different topic. Seeing as how his job is only to report stories and tidbits, what he says is as meaningful as how many needles are in a haystack in reality.

Tidbits....good word for how I use Omar and The Bleacher report,they have enough tidbits to keep me coming back.

Omar "Tidbit" Kelly

Id actually be more worried if Omar said Wallace DID look good. After all, last preseason he was saying Nanaee was highly impressive.

That's his shtik. He says things to rile the fans up so the read his garbage and follow him. He gets more threads on finheaven than any other reporter, so clearly people are reading his articles so he gets to keep his job. I would liken him more to that guy at the carnival that sits over a vat of water heckling the crowd while people hurl baseballs at him. There is always a big crowd surrounding that act and unfortunately that's what journalism is today.

I'd like his shtick a lot more if I could hurl baseballs at him while I was listening to it.

I have no idea how what he wrote was dishonest. That's the primary disconnect I'm having with you on this.

It's dishonest because it's deliberately inflammatory... not because he wants to shine a light on something or make a point through exaggeration but because he knows, as you said, it's going to get negative attention and that's better than no attention.

It's dishonest because it's deliberately inflammatory... not because he wants to shine a light on something or make a point through exaggeration but because he knows, as you said, it's going to get negative attention and that's better than no attention.

It's still his honest opinion. All writers incorporate public interest into their decision on what to write. As well they should. I'm not seeing where that's wrong.

It's still his honest opinion. All writers incorporate public interest into their decision on what to write. As well they should. I'm not seeing where that's wrong.

I doubt anything he says is an honest opinion anymore, IMO Omar has clearly gone out of his way to be the skip bayless of Mia and he believes that will be how he will make it big.

Back
Top Bottom