Gregg Rosenthal calls out Omar over Wallace criticism | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gregg Rosenthal calls out Omar over Wallace criticism

While I liked reading the article, and I completely agree with everything he said, it was poor taste calling out another reporter directly imo for something so trivial, especially under the NFL.com brand.

I truly believe that Omar Kelly is a moron.

That said, he works for a newspaper in which physical paper demand continues to decrease while online continues to increase. He has to shake sh*t up. After all, if he can't bring in clicks, his value is zero.

If you don't like his opinions: ignore them. He's proven more than once to be 'quick on the trigger', and I'm not talking about his moronic tweet regarding Hernandez.

Simply put: If you want him gone, don't click on his articles. Because that's what the sun-sentinel cares about: clicks.

Jeff Darlington is the best glad he still covers some dolphin stuff. He writes good articles about all teams. I don't like this Rosenthal guy.

It's still his honest opinion. All writers incorporate public interest into their decision on what to write. As well they should. I'm not seeing where that's wrong.

I just don't believe it's his honest opinion that these practices "prove" that either a) Grimes is back to being a pro bowler, b) Mike Wallace is being vastly overpaid, or c) Grimes is sort of back to being a pro bowler and Mike Wallace is only being somewhat overpaid. He's not an idiot, and he's been at this long enough to know nothing like this has been proven. I think he wants his daily reports to matter so he wants these early practices to be seen significant or predictive. He does something similar every year, from Misi being called "55" to Legedu having no flaws and on down. It's always something, and I don't think it's an accident. He wants to be inflammatory because irritating the fans drives clicks and follows. I think that's dishonest journalism.

On the other hand it's smart because he's a very pedestrian writer and doesn't have some special voice or perspective. Failing good prose or insight you have to be controversial, which is of course a corrupting system. Because the alternative is you end up like Mike Berardino, who tried to play it straight but didn't have anything special to offer and was inevitably ****canned. Omar doesn't want to end up like that.

Why anybody would hire Omar to write about the NFL and the Phins, is one of the world's great mysteries.

Don't know what's more absurd...the implication from Omar that at this point we can already tell that either Brent Grimes is back to his pro bowl form or the Dolphins overpaid for Mike Wallace (either could be true, both could be true, or both could be untrue, at this point)...or the reaction to this article, including by Gregg Rosenthal who is part of a Rotoworld crowd that I know for a fact have it out for Omar big time.

Omar has probably earned his enemies over the years but the article he wrote if you actually read it is merely an observation (Wallace not dominating yet), accompanied by an allegory of past experience (Marshall dominating immediately), and then a whole s-ton of reasons why this is a different situation and it's too early for any of this to matter in all likelihood.

To be honest, what's wrong with that? He spent like 75% of the article talking about how certain guys don't toss in that extra gear until they're in game situations and how logistically the role Wallace plays on the offense might mean that he can't stand out in these settings, etc.

Gregg Rosenthal's reaction was nothing more than a hit job and he knows it. Like I said, Omar has earned a lot of negative sentiment over the years but that doesn't change the fact that Rosenthal's article reaction was a hit job.

You, as well as a few other people on this and other fan forums, could do better than most of our beat writers.

eh... Omar isn't a bad read during draft build up and free agency. But UK and I talked about it yesterday, sometimes he does write with an agenda it seems like (especially with Tannehill). Now not saying some criticism isn't warranted, but twice he discredited throws Tanny made due to circumstances (Yesterday there being a missed coverage, and today saying there was a would be sack before he threw a would be TD).

I honestly never noticed Omar overly bashing Wallace (at least not on twitter). BUT he has been very complimentary of Grimes, Ellerbe, Wheeler, and Vaughn Martin.

Again only thing that bugs me is how he writes about Tannehill sometimes

Hate hate hate, hate hate, hate hate hate.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Omar is so amateurish it isn't even funny. The guy is in total love with himself and thinks he's the smartest football person around. He needs to get a fricken clue and realize he isn't all that.

Being up in Eagle, Giant, and Jet territory, I honestly like following Omar on twitter. He's at least a solid flow of info (especially when following all the other writers as well). Whether its biased or horrible opinion or whatever, that's a different story, but being up here I take what I can get.

If this questionable dubious hire would only stick to reporting factual occurences and developments even in his inept writing style, it would be acceptible. However, he's less qualified than many on here to analyze or offer unfounded opinions. At this point, Omar has definitely earned his lack credibility. Other than poisoning the media well with unqualified mindless editorial takes about which no one should gives a ****, for all practical purposes, he's about as useful as tits on a bull. The sooner the Sun Sentinel realizes that, the better off we all will be.

Omar is so amateurish it isn't even funny. The guy is in total love with himself and thinks he's the smartest football person around. He needs to get a fricken clue and realize he isn't all that.
Not only is this true, but he clearly despises the Dolphins and their fans.

What is so stupid too is Omar always gushes about the Ravens. He can't conceal his love affair with Ray Lewis, Flacco and every damn Ravens player. He calls them his "adopted" team. I wish he'd move to Baltimore and cover the blackbirds. We'd all be better off.

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

And ANY beat writer who says it's a privilege to follow him clearly has an major ego.

I'm not an Omar fan but he is a hard worker, his problem is he thinks he knows more about football than the average fan so he tries to prove it everytime he opens his mouth. I like him better than Armando and he works 24/7 I respect that.

The kicker is that say Wallace had 5 TDs in camp already.....all over 50 yds......what would people say?

"It's early in Training Camp. It doesn't matter until it counts."

Well, he doesn't. And if he did, you would have a bunch of homers running around here cheering like a bunch of school girls. They would be just as bad as those getting on the team already. It is simply too early to tell anything...

Back
Top Bottom