Gregg Rosenthal calls out Omar over Wallace criticism | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Gregg Rosenthal calls out Omar over Wallace criticism

Anytime someone calls out Omar Kelly it is a good day!

The problem with Omar Kelly is that he is a writer who thinks he is great evaluator of NFL talent...which he is not.

To report this kind of garbage this early is counter productive and certainly over-reactive...but I guess that is the low attention span impatient world we live in today...I miss back when.

Omar is addicted to the Dolphins being bad. He is nothing but a kill joy. I will not let him piss on my parade.

First post here...

I'm glad to see I'm not in the minority when it comes to Omar. Don't read his articles, don't follow him (although I have been checking his feed in the mornings just to see what's going on in camp), and I just feel he has a negative view of the team in general. It's clear that he really has something against Tannehill as he almost always has to talk about that he "under/over throws" or how it's a "bad throw" --- seems like that's all he talked about today as it related to Tannehill and never has anything positive to say about him for the most part. It annoys me and I wish he'd go cover another team. There's a difference between being a writer and an actual NFL talent evaluator, and he isn't good at either of those things. Maybe one day someone will "pimp hand" him.

First post here...

I'm glad to see I'm not in the minority when it comes to Omar. Don't read his articles, don't follow him (although I have been checking his feed in the mornings just to see what's going on in camp), and I just feel he has a negative view of the team in general. It's clear that he really has something against Tannehill as he almost always has to talk about that he "under/over throws" or how it's a "bad throw" --- seems like that's all he talked about today as it related to Tannehill and never has anything positive to say about him for the most part. It annoys me and I wish he'd go cover another team. There's a difference between being a writer and an actual NFL talent evaluator, and he isn't good at either of those things. Maybe one day someone will "pimp hand" him.

I used to be subtle when referring to it back in the Beck vs Lemon days, but not any more since he's gotten more flagrant: fact of the matter is Tannehill is too light -hued for Cornrowllio. And welcome to FH.

I used to be subtle when referring to it back in the Beck vs Lemon days, but not any more since he's gotten more flagrant: fact of the matter is Tannehill is too light -hued for Cornrowllio. And welcome to FH.

To hell with being subtle. He prefers black QBs. His view is racially slanted, his ability to report is elementary and he has no clue what he is looking at when it comes to talent evaluation. How he is still employed by the Sun Sentinel is beyond me and even worse, he won't be getting a new job elsewhere because he is not worth hiring.

To hell with being subtle. He prefers black QBs. His view is racially slanted, his ability to report is elementary and he has no clue what he is looking at when it comes to talent evaluation. How he is still employed by the Sun Sentinel is beyond me and even worse, he won't be getting a new job elsewhere because he is not worth hiring.

Always thought he liked the David Garrards and Vince Youngs of the world.... for their ability to throw the ball of course :rolleyes2:

First post here...

There is no doubt in my mind Omar has an agenda against Tannehill, you ever listen to his raidio show on WQAM? He spends half the show trashing tannehill and trying to cast down on him and has said multiple times that if he isnt a top 15 QB on the verge of elite by the end of this season then we need to move onto a new QB... elite in year 2 or move on, regardless of the fact he was drafted a a qb project.... yea thats fair

Also this is a post I made earlier, spot the difference

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 3m
T'hill looking good throwing slant & hook patterns. Crisp, confident passes that r on da money. Just hit McNutt deep.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerESPN 4m
The rapport between #Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill and WR Mike Wallace has been picking up the past few practices.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 4m
Mike Wallace great catch with Brent Grimes on him in 1 on 1 drills #dolphins

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk 5m
T'hills just hit Wallace on nice slant v. Grimes. Nice throw, nice catch.

@AdamHBeasley: Wallace just got Grimes on the double move. Perfect throw from Tannehill. 60-plus touchdown."

Chris Perkins@chrisperk2m
T'hill to Fuller deep. Old Tx A&M connection. T'hill impressive so far. Just had drop by Hartline.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz 4m
Tannehill to wallace on perfectly thrown 65 yard bomb. Beats grimes. Crowd in davie erupts

[/FONT][/COLOR]

and then Omar

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 9m
Tannehill finally delivered a pretty deep pass to Mike Wallace during 1-on-1. Brent Grimes got tripped up.

Omar is usually ok, but he has it in for Tannehill, it is very clear

There is no doubt in my mind Omar has an agenda against Tannehill, you ever listen to his raidio show on WQAM? He spends half the show trashing tannehill and trying to cast down on him and has said multiple times that if he isnt a top 15 QB on the verge of elite by the end of this season then we need to move onto a new QB... elite in year 2 or move on, regardless of the fact he was drafted a a qb project.... yea thats fair

Also this is a post I made earlier, spot the difference

and then Omar

Omar is usually ok, but he has it in for Tannehill, it is very clear

Yeah that's the exact kinda stuff I mean... you see other writers mention something good Tannehill does but Omar will either 1) not mention it or 2) say something negative about it

More of the same from the failed killer:

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley6m
Wallace just got Grimes on the double move. Perfect throw from Tannehill. 60-plus touchdown.

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly6m
Tannehill finally delivered a pretty deep pass to Mike Wallace during 1-on-1. Brent Grimes got tripped up.

Chris Perkins ‏@chrisperk6m
T'hills TD pass to Wallace deep v. grimes. Excellent stop n go route by Wallace. T'hills best day of camp so far.

Barry Jackson ‏@flasportsbuzz6m
Tannehill to wallace on perfectly thrown 65 yard bomb. Beats grimes. Crowd in davie erupts

Andy Cohen ‏@ACohenFins6m
Mike wallace just catches bomb over grimes ....great stuff!

r0cyv9-1.jpg

As much as people hate Omar around this board (I don't hate him, but I'm certainly not a huge fan of his), I think Armando is way worse. Can't stand that douche.

Beat writers have to force it at this time of year. Nothing is going on but they have to pretend otherwise. Decades ago this is the time of year that sportswriters would trot out canned feature pieces on the new acquisitions, or other unique changes from a season earlier. Those were in-depth and interesting. If you visited a truly football mad city like Denver during training camp, it was unbelievable how many articles like that would jam the competing newspapers.

These days somehow fans care more about an out pattern in the early days of practice than the coaches or players do. Older columnists like Cote have to be thrilled they missed the requirements of this era from a beat writer's perspective. I'd be tweeting one contradictory load of sarcastic crap after another, simply to amuse myself. Then await the returns. At least Omar has unmatched energy, which is one of the chief essentials during this period. I'd be tempted to sneak away for nine holes and invent some tweets from there. Seriously, how wrong could I be?

I must say I don't understand the increasing trend of writers ripping other writers. Volin certainly wasn't above that. He took some paranoid pot shots when he felt others had borrowed his material, even if the material wasn't remarkable to begin with.

Virtually every year I've vacationed during this period. It pains me not to be at Saratoga. There's a foundational aspect to football and it's not changing in late July. Along those lines I'm anything but thrilled with the news that Jesse Agler is joining the preseason TV crew. I'm sure virtually everyone else disagrees, the ones who see great worth in the description of those out patterns. Exhibition football is lighthearted amusement. The images are available. I don't want an announcer who places high priority on plays and players. Agler is a talented amiable guy who seems well suited to a long PR career. But he's the wrong age and fit for preseason. Griese and Nat Moore have rambled aimlessly on those telecasts for years. It's an absolute delight, other than that Gator Day announcement atrocity. I don't want some guy who views an August play by play role as a serious or even semi-serious assignment. It was probably a parting gift from Mike Dee.

Back
Top Bottom