Handicapping College Football... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Handicapping College Football...

DBoston80

Undisputed #1
Reaction score
With all due respect to Mike O.....I have yet to post a sub .500 season betting college football..Now Pro's seem to get me in the behind..but who can really pick the unpredictable NFL....Each week I will post 3 games..this is NOT to compare or show-up Mr. Mike but rather to give the Finheaven cappers one more perspective.....

WISCONSIN-6.5 over Penn State.....The Badgers have a very powerfull offense and a stout defense, they had a scare at home early last week vs Illinois but like good teams do they found a way to win...Penn State on the other hand was very fortunate to beat Purdue...the 12-0 score did not tell the story..Purdue had 9 drops on offense and probobly another 5 on defense...Wisconsin doesnt sleep on this one.

Maryland/Clemson OVER 46......Everyone knows Clemson can score but Maryland has held there own scoring on good defenses, Im amazed this line came in at 46,better jump on it it WILL go up...Maryland gets in the 20's while Clemson flirts with 40 themselves.

Ohio State/Illinois UNDER 49......We all know the Buckeyes do not run the score uo on anyone..with the conditions looking wet and windy in Illinois..I love the under here, Ohio State rarely gives up more than 2 scores and considering the conditions I think Tress will pound the ball and keep it conservative not showing too much for Michigan.

Im laying 5 units on each..

..again Im posting these for discussion and perspective..I welcome all critics as no one is ever always right on these things..there seem to be some knowledgable college fooball fans on this board so I would enjoy any comments or discussion or reasons to differ.

I have yet to post a sub .500 season too in college football.

What's your point??

MikeO said:
I have yet to post a sub .500 season too in college football.

What's your point??

Im not trying to show you up chief...your standing with Finheaven is what it is..I simply just wanna provide another perspective..not better not worse just different..

But make no mistake if your "Title was up for grabs"..I would take it....:evil: :evil:

Well my title isn't up for grabs. But [admin]we really don't need the antagonistic portion of that do we? [/admin]if it were, try picking games and not totals. People get bored with totals. It's more "entertaining" to pick actual games!!!

MikeO said:
Well my title isn't up for grabs. But in your fantasy world if it were, try picking games and not totals. People get bored with totals. It's more "entertaining" to pick actual games!!!

Sounds like your aggrevated or threatened.....and I pick games to win..not too many people get bored winning. Cashing in is pretty entertaining to most also...Any time you wanna go game for game let me know....we can do it for fun. But I dont think your acknowledging my comments on perspective and encouraging discussion instead of saying "heres my games"...like I said this seems like a pretty smart group of College Football fans whose opinions maybe we ALL could take into consideration.

[mod] Uncalled for personal attack [/mod]

ANYWAYS

..Anyone have any games they like this week in college?? If so who and why?

UF Fin Kat said:
i'm going with zook's illini to keep it close with OSU. :wink: what's the spread?

opened at 27...

Parlay it with an under if you wager on it..becuase if they do cover the under will likely cover also...

In order for the over and Illinois to cover..The Illini would have to score atleast 20 points....Ohio State has not given up more than 17 all year.

FYI...I took Boise State(-22) and the over(58) tonight for a couple units on each..although some bets that make the most sense dont always pan out..I kinda went with the "public" fav. wich I hate doing.....

Guess we'll see what happens..anyone else on this game?

DBoston80 said:
FYI...I took Boise State(-22) and the over(58) tonight for a couple units on each..although some bets that make the most sense dont always pan out..I kinda went with the "public" fav. wich I hate doing.....

Guess we'll see what happens..anyone else on this game?

I think Boise will win by at least 22 and the over 58 also looks like a good bet. In your Wisc.-Penn State match I see Wisc. winning the game straight up.

Roman529 said:
I think Boise will win by at least 22 and the over 58 also looks like a good bet. In your Wisc.-Penn State match I see Wisc. winning the game straight up.

Roman my man..hopefully you wagered on that...it went 2-0! Now I got some money to play with tonight in the WV @ LOU game....wich I will be betting VERY small because itbasically a picke'm..and while Im leaning toward LOU Im just not sure........I'll release my Picks a little later when I start REALLY pounding the #'s.

Forgpt to post my picks last night!!!! I went with Louisville and the under so it was a split............Under?? what was I thinking!!!

3-1 this week.

Friday's Picks

3-1 thus far this week..........

Tonight I like Air Force-5.5 and the under 48

...anyone who likes something else..feel free to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom