Hank on QAM just said... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank on QAM just said...

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
The 'Phins have called Oronde's agent and he hasn't responded, this since he found out he wouldn't be visiting Jax. He also said our national pre-season game on ABC has been moved to CBS because ABC didn't want to broadcast a game that would not sellout. They (ABC) are going to televise Denvers game instead. Sounds like a shorter drive for Fatso Madden in his Cruiser from the Bay area.

preseason games is for diehards

Originally posted by JackMeehov
The 'Phins have called Oronde's agent and he hasn't responded, this since he found out he wouldn't be visiting Jax. He also said our national pre-season game on ABC has been moved to CBS because ABC didn't want to broadcast a game that would not sellout. They (ABC) are going to televise Denvers game instead. Sounds like a shorter drive for Fatso Madden in his Cruiser from the Bay area.

I can't recall if we ever sold a preseason game out. Preseason games are for diehards. Our season ticket base ranges from keys to port St Lucie (10%). Hardly anybody is making the drive of 110 miles one way for a preaseason game.....not to forget the large amount of Florida west coast season tix holders.

It's ridiculous to expect preseason games to even be half-full. For God's sake......the starters get like 1-2 series, if that, in 2 or 3 games. And they STILL charge full price.

Bite me.

Originally posted by Muck
It's ridiculous to expect preseason games to even be half-full. For God's sake......the starters get like 1-2 series, if that, in 2 or 3 games. And they STILL charge full price.

Bite me.

Preseason is about the Teams earning extra money...they could get the same value out of scriamages arranged by the team up until the real season starts..i.e., our scrimages with the buc's and the titians last year was like 2 extra preseason games..

Originally posted by Muck

Bite me.

I say bite me, not just to pre season game prices, but to regular season game prices. It's ridiculous, and worse thing about it is that the Dolphins offer one of lowest ticket prices in the league.

I'm as big of a Dolphins fan as anyone here, but even if i had the money I would never spend it on a Dolphins game for those prices.

Sorry, just me.

I dont have the chance to see really any games in person. But this year they come to Dallas, and since I haven't seen them in over 10 years I am willing to pay the cash. But outside of that, I'll save my mullah and go to a sports bar...watch the game for free...and spend the money from the ticket on another beer!

Originally posted by Migs182005

I say bite me, not just to pre season game prices, but to regular season game prices. It's ridiculous, and worse thing about it is that the Dolphins offer one of lowest ticket prices in the league.

I'm as big of a Dolphins fan as anyone here, but even if i had the money I would never spend it on a Dolphins game for those prices.

Sorry, just me.

That's a strong statement Migs. I dig it with a big *** shovel.

Speaking of big fat tubbo Madden, I just saw him at the TCBY in Pleasanton, California. He was mumbling something or other about tough actin' tinactin then said "boom" after every bite of frozen yogurt...

ok so he didn't but I really don't think a large man like himself needs to be hanging out at an ice cream shop do you?

Pre-Season games are boring after the 1st quarter. Basically it turns into a drunk fest, because the game means nothing.

Pre-season is for people who have nothing better to do.

Kinda like in Cleveland or somewhere like that.

Originally posted by LeftCoastPhin

That's a strong statement Migs. I dig it with a big *** shovel.

I stick behind my statements.

As much as I love the Dolphins, there's just no way.

I know the feeling of being at the game. It's amazing. Actually, being on the field is even more thrilling than being on the stands.

But.

At home, at a bar, or wherever. You can see the game better. No need to be in the high 90 degrees of Miami for three hours. No need to pay 60 bucks for a half decent seat. No need to pay 20 bucks for parking. No need to pay ridiculous prices for water or food.

Again, I know the feeling. It's amazing, but I don't think it's worth it at the prices they are at now.

But, I don't discourage not going to the games at all. While I myself have never payed for the tickets when I've gone, there have been many times where we got the tickets either for free, or at reduced prices. That's ok, but not at the normal prices.

Again, just me.

And again, I dig it. It's hard to stand your ground when you are saying you dont pay full price to see the games. Right on. If every fan was like that, they'd have to lower prices. But everything has a ceiling, sports will eventually have to come down or level off because if they continue to price out most fans, the people left will eventually tire of it.

Agreed.
While we all know that won't happen, it sure would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom