Hank on QAM just said... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank on QAM just said...

Originally posted by FFiB

job? part time job? my son is 14 and a cheap *** f*****...he got 28 bucks..lol.

Let's see. Here's my schedule.

1. I go to school (11th grade) taking 2 AP classes.
2. Intern with the Miami Herald and now possibly the Florida Panthers
3. Stay afterschool until 5:00pm almost everyday working for T.V. Production and newspaper.
4. Write articles for finheaven.com, and kffl.com
5. Starting an afterschool program for middle school students who don't have a journalism program at their school but want to learn.

Now, I don't know about you but I don't think there's any room in this schedule for me to have a part time job, just to go to Dolphins games. Infact, if I did get a job, it would be to have insurance for a car, not to go to a Dolphins game.

Again, it comes down to priorities.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Not everybody is the same FFiB.....I think it's sad that you want to go and lable other fans by their attendance of games......I mean the kid has other priorities what's the big deal? You aint talking about some street fan that only watches games on TV when the Dolphin are winning, you're talking about a kid who is part OF the Dolphins and the Dolphins are a part OF him and you lable him a so-so fan?

I'm not tryin to start an argument here and usually enjoy your posts, I just have a problem with this one thing.....Migs is NOT a so-so fan (as if that's some horrible thing) just because he doesn't agree with your theory of game attendance. I just think it was unfair to say that.

Originally posted by Den54

I concur. Migs is a DIEHARD FAN!!

Thanks guys ;)

Originally posted by inFINSible
Not everybody is the same FFiB.....I think it's sad that you want to go and lable other fans by their attendance of games......I mean the kid has other priorities what's the big deal? You aint talking about some street fan that only watches games on TV when the Dolphin are winning, you're talking about a kid who is part OF the Dolphins and the Dolphins are a part OF him and you lable him a so-so fan?

I'm not tryin to start an argument here and usually enjoy your posts, I just have a problem with this one thing.....Migs is NOT a so-so fan (as if that's some horrible thing) just because he doesn't agree with your theory of game attendance. I just think it was unfair to say that.

OK. Maybe I was to hard on the fellow. I apologize.

My blood just gets going when I hear "I go to the Dolphins only if I don't have to pay".

Maybe my ";et the season begin" adrenaline is skyrocketing....

Sorry Mr Mig...

;)

Originally posted by Migs182005

Let's see. Here's my schedule.

1. I go to school (11th grade) taking 2 AP classes.
2. Intern with the Miami Herald and now possibly the Florida Panthers
3. Stay afterschool until 5:00pm almost everyday working for T.V. Production and newspaper.
4. Write articles for finheaven.com, and kffl.com
5. Starting an afterschool program for middle school students who don't have a journalism program at their school but want to learn.

Now, I don't know about you but I don't think there's any room in this schedule for me to have a part time job, just to go to Dolphins games. Infact, if I did get a job, it would be to have insurance for a car, not to go to a Dolphins game.

Again, it comes down to priorities.

didn't see that post before i made above post...see post above.

Hey, no hard feeling man. I can understand how you feel. It's kool. ;)

Originally posted by Migs182005
Hey, no hard feeling man. I can understand how you feel. It's kool. ;)

There is too many of those "I am a diehard" and never go to the games..eventhough they can afford it. Those are usually the ones who bitch about TV blackouts first.
I kinda labeled ya'....

Here's my daily schedule:
-Steve McQueen
-Noam Chomsky
-Jane Fonda
-Daniel Schorr
-Jack Anderson

Oh, wait a second...that's Nixon's enemy list. My bad.

Originally posted by FFiB

OK. Maybe I was to hard on the fellow. I apologize.

My blood just gets going when I hear "I go to the Dolphins only if I don't have to pay".

Maybe my ";et the season begin" adrenaline is skyrocketing....

Sorry Mr Mig...

;)

I know how you feel and trust me I was only sticking up for this particular one...:D

Thanks man......I knew you were a good guy.

Originally posted by booyeah_
Here's my daily schedule:
-Steve McQueen
-Noam Chomsky
-Jane Fonda
-Daniel Schorr
-Jack Anderson

Oh, wait a second...that's Nixon's enemy list. My bad.

Boo...

Can't believe you left out the only football player from Alabama to ever make the Dean's List -- even if it was JOHN Dean's list:

Joe Namath

:)

Some of these posts are just sad, especially if you are a local....

I've got two kids, a wife, and a dog...I've got bills, bills, and more bills...I'm not rich by any in stretch in monetary terms....But when it comes to Tickets I have ponied up the dough for the season package for two years in a row.....

Check out where I live in the little box...It's 4 and half hours to Jacksonville with my foot to the floor and that's just the halfway mark....The Miami hotel for three nights is somewhere around 300 bucks...I've pretty much figured that it costs around 800 dollars to take my family to a game....The rest of the time I just gather up three friends that are willing to go down to Miami watch football and party....I managed to make it to two games last year.....One with the family and one with some friends...A third game I canceled because the dudes just were not coming up with the money....I sold the tickets a week before the game....

It's just over 2000 dollars that I pay for these tickets each year....I manage to sell the games that I don't attend....It gives me a great sense of pride knowing the committment that I have made to this team....MY TEAM....

I've even went as far as checking out the local realty market to see if there was any way to buy a condo to have when I retire so I could live there for three or four months out of the year....BTW, It's cheaper just to drive and stay at the hotel....

I just cannot believe that some would say that the cost is too great....100 miles? I'm driving that for practice one a week much less than a preseason game....

Do you realize the magnificent show that is put on for us 8 times a year ?

I know Dolphin fans live all over the world...For most it's not possible to be a season ticket holder...

But in the end, Committment is what it is all about...

Oh....I forgot...

This year....Section 413

Originally posted by 1972dolphins
Some of these posts are just sad, especially if you are a local....

I've got two kids, a wife, and a dog...I've got bills, bills, and more bills...I'm not rich by any in stretch in monetary terms....But when it comes to Tickets I have ponied up the dough for the season package for two years in a row.....

Check out where I live in the little box...It's 4 and half hours to Jacksonville with my foot to the floor and that's just the halfway mark....The Miami hotel for three nights is somewhere around 300 bucks...I've pretty much figured that it costs around 800 dollars to take my family to a game....The rest of the time I just gather up three friends that are willing to go down to Miami watch football and party....I managed to make it to two games last year.....One with the family and one with some friends...A third game I canceled because the dudes just were not coming up with the money....I sold the tickets a week before the game....

It's just over 2000 dollars that I pay for these tickets each year....I manage to sell the games that I don't attend....It gives me a great sense of pride knowing the committment that I have made to this team....MY TEAM....

I've even went as far as checking out the local realty market to see if there was any way to buy a condo to have when I retire so I could live there for three or four months out of the year....BTW, It's cheaper just to drive and stay at the hotel....

I just cannot believe that some would say that the cost is too great....100 miles? I'm driving that for practice one a week much less than a preseason game....

Do you realize the magnificent show that is put on for us 8 times a year ?

I know Dolphin fans live all over the world...For most it's not possible to be a season ticket holder...

But in the end, Committment is what it is all about...

When you say some of these posts are sad, you're probably talking to me.

Is it really sad that I'm the type of person that doesn't wish to spend a load of money on this form of entertainment? That I rather spend it on more important things? That's sad?

Everyone is different. We all have different priorities. But committment is not what it's all about if you're talking about going to games. I'm just as big of a Dolphins fan as you. You think that the only TRUE fans are the ones that go to the games? It's great that you come down to see some games, and pay the money that you do. But to pretty much say that the only true fans are the ones that go to the games is nieve.

Is it really sad that I'm the type of person that doesn't wish to spend a load of money on this form of entertainment? That I rather spend it on more important things? That's sad?

Everyone is different. We all have different priorities. But committment is not what it's all about if you're talking about going to games. I'm just as big of a Dolphins fan as you. You think that the only TRUE fans are the ones that go to the games? It's great that you come down to see some games, and pay the money that you do. But to pretty much say that the only true fans are the ones that go to the games is nieve.

I agree ! Not everyone has the money to spend unfortuneatly. I would be at every game if I had the extra cash . But I don't , so I watch them on T.V every week instead. It doesn't make you any less of a fan because you can't afford the luxury of being at the game. I'm not going to say "Well , screw my rent this month, the jets are in town" If I did that I may end up living in a box outside the stadium beggin you guys for change. I think I would rather stick with plan A and sit on my couch doing this:beerbang:

I made a message board mistake I think...

I read the first couple of posts and had a real "crappy" feeling about what I was reading, so I just went off the hook...Then after posting I surveyed more posts that expanded or explained the general thought...

Hell, I'm 32 now and as you can see I have just become "comfortable" enough to do what I do..Still, I do not understand why you would hasten to spend money on "this entertainment" when it obviously is an obsession for you..

I don't know...I guess everyone's different....I just know I have to be there when I can...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom