Has anyone been watching Jake Long in St.Louis Play? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has anyone been watching Jake Long in St.Louis Play?

Wow! Granted he was going up against Clay Matthews in the game I was watching, But Geez. He was also getting owned by lesser known players in the game. We definitely made the right call so far to let him walk! If his play from what I can tell and J.Martins play are about even? Then why the hell would we have kept him?

through preseason Jonathan Martin is the 2nd rated OT in the whole league, Jake Long is 152nd.....take that all you haters

[...]
We won't go anywhere until we draft a Top Tier Quarterback, or game changing QB. Plain and simple. My forecast of the Dolphins? 4 more years of mediocrity. Then we move on from Tannehill, fire Joe Philbin, and start the process again. It's sad brah.
If that turns out to be the case, then so be it. At least, this time we would be going down swinging. Tannehill was the first QB in 30 years that we took in round 1 and that's the way it should be. It starts with the QB and this regime understands it.

If it doesn't work out, they at least took a shot. If you miss you miss. Selecting a QB in round 2 is not taking a shot, rather it's hoping that the pitcher will hit you straight in the face so you can advance to the first base. That's not going to work out often in pro football. 1st round QBs don't always work out either and we have to accept this. And try again...

EDIT: I'm no native speaker so the last paragraph might come off like I do not think that Tannehill is the answer. That's not the case. I have seen enough of Tannehill in his rookie season to have high hopes for the guy...and Joe Philbin's Dolphins. I hope both are here for a looooooong time.

haha. i like your attitude. i'm the same way.

I haven't been posting much because I'm convinced we made another mistake. Ryan Tannehill is not going to be a good QB in the NFL and we won't go anywhere with him. But if I say that, I'll get torn to shreds by the posters here.

Reminds me of the Chad Henne days. I was constantly bashing that scrub and I would get insulted by everyone on this website.

We won't go anywhere until we draft a Top Tier Quarterback, or game changing QB. Plain and simple. My forecast of the Dolphins? 4 more years of mediocrity. Then we move on from Tannehill, fire Joe Philbin, and start the process again. It's sad brah.

You're not alone. I think most fans now-a-days are like this.

I like to watch new players develop.

Look at which QB's have actually won Superbowls. You may be surprised. Ryan doesn't have a ring. Brady and Montana were not highly rated NFL prospects but they are
arguably both in the top 5 in NFL history. I was very impressed with Russell last year. Ryan is clearly not that type of QB or leader just yet, but he may get there.

A question...what about Ryan Tannehill reminds you of the Chad Henne days???

There's that thing where they grab that ovoid thing and heave it forward. The uniforms, too, although credit to Tannehill, he's made progress in that aspect this year.

"There's that thing where they grab that ovoid thing and heave it forward." LoL 'ovoid thing'. Is that a word? Ovoid? Good stuff.

So we can only judge him by how he plays against pass rushers that destroy every LT in the league? Ridiculous, per usual.

Same as judging him when he hasn't played anyone worth a damn...

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was responding to him regarding Martin and only judging him against top tier pass rushers and discounting his solid play against other starting caliber pass rushers. Jake Wrong being overrated and overpaid for years is well known.

Almost as overrated as Martin is becoming on this site...

I haven't been posting much because I'm convinced we made another mistake. Ryan Tannehill is not going to be a good QB in the NFL and we won't go anywhere with him. But if I say that, I'll get torn to shreds by the posters here.

Reminds me of the Chad Henne days. I was constantly bashing that scrub and I would get insulted by everyone on this website.

Your opinion deserves to get torn to shreds when you're prematurely making these claims.

Meanwhile the colts go from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck after just one year of tanking er...losing gracefully.

Back
Top Bottom