Hasn't Jay Fiedler look sharp in all the past Mini-Camps? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hasn't Jay Fiedler look sharp in all the past Mini-Camps?

phinman1 said:
Has Fiedler ever won a game on the road against a playoff quality team in crunch time? Crunch time being defined as the opportunity to clinch a playoff spot?

at NE week 17

Played well enough to win:

at Minn week 16
at NE week 17

home game vs Philly week 15

1995 was the last time this team went over .500 in their last 4 games ("December" for all intents and purposes). Did I miss Jay secretly being on the team starting in 1996? :confused: :rolleyes:

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You can argue the defense runs out of gas due to the fact they have to make up for a lot of Fielder's mistakes.

You can also argue that a starting quarterback should be able to step up his game when the defense isn't playing as well.

You could also argue that it is a team game and the team shares responsibilities for wins and losses.

Jimmy James said:
Now you want to blame Jay for Cris Carter's sudden hands of stone?

Exactly. Critical to the loss at Minn during 2002.

How about the fact that he gets blamed for missed FGs and defensive collapses as well.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
You could also argue that it is a team game and the team shares responsibilities for wins and losses.

You can also argue that Fiedler didn't do his part in the team game.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
You can also argue that Fiedler didn't do his part in the team game.

Neither does the defense or the running game, so lets get rid of the whole team.

dreadlockera said:
"Practice?....What are we talking about practice?.... I mean really practice?... I know I need to be a leader out there but what are we talking about? practice? Cmon I mean practice? Not the game. Not the game I give everything for, but practice? Practice??"
-Iverson
Perhaps Jay has the opposite attitude. "Game? What are we talking about? The Game? No practice that I give everthing for, but a Game??" :roflmao:

Just so glad I got to use that AI quote. It was killer. :D

That's some funny stuff. :lol: But Feidler has been a TC all pro then tapers off towards the season, were as I've read Philly fans say the oppisite of Feeley. Not that there's alot to judge Feeley on, I beleve someone said he was like that in college to. :dunno: We will see in a few months.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Neither does the defense or the running game, so lets get rid of the whole team.

that depends on the game.

With your way of thinking you can never single out a single player.

Both sides have legitimate points as to the Fiedler dilemma. Again, let's not get to analytical. The fact is that the Dolphins have regressed in each and every year of Jay's tenure as the QB. Is it entirely his fault? No. Is he the on field leader of a team declining each year? Yes.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
that depends on the game.

With your way of thinking you can never single out a single player.

Sure you can. You have to do it based on their performance. You have to take into account the play of those around him and the conditions of the game etc. You also have to be objective in your assessment.

That is why GMs and coaches should make personnel decisions, not fans.

Jimmy James said:
How is 10-6 a decline over 9-7?

I've had to ask that question several times.

The fact is that the play of the team regressed in 2003, mostly due to OL play IMO. The record in 2002 would have been better if FIEDLER HADN'T BEEN INJURED.

The offense did regress last year, I just don't blame it all on Fiedler.

It seems that you and I are on the same page.

I think we are on the same page. It would seem to me that you either have to play things as they lie and say that there was an improvement from 2002 to 2003 thanks to better QB play in spite of the obvious OL issues, or you have to say that there was no decline in 2002 because Jay would have had that team at at least 11-5 if not 12-4.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
Sure you can. You have to do it based on their performance. You have to take into account the play of those around him and the conditions of the game etc. You also have to be objective in your assessment.

That is why GMs and coaches should make personnel decisions, not fans.

The GM signed AJ Feeley.

Jimmy James said:
I think we are on the same page. It would seem to me that you either have to play things as they lie and say that there was an improvement from 2002 to 2003 thanks to better QB play in spite of the obvious OL issues, or you have to say that there was no decline in 2002 because Jay would have had that team at at least 11-5 if not 12-4.

I agree. I do believe that Jay has not played up to his pre-2002 injury level. His play did disappoint me some last year. I just won't give him all of the blame. I look forward to better QB play this year. I don't care if it is Jay or AJ.

Back
Top Bottom