Have we bypassed the Jests? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we bypassed the Jests?

MARSHALL~LAW

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now that we have our new HC, OC, and DC (which I'm über excited about) and even before we have the draft and FA....I feel we just bypassed the Jets and will give NE serious competition in 2012. I remember back in the late 80's and throughout the 90's, we were a shoe in for the playoffs every year. My radar is picking up those vibes again. Again, I know we still have the draft and free agency to goo through, and that's going to tell the true tale, but I really really like the direction we're going in. I honestly believe we can be a #3-4 seed in 2012. What are your thoughts

I share your optimism. I just had another post expressing my thoughts on the new regime so far, and like you I agree that there is a different vibe to the team right now that feels like we could be on to something real good here.

That being said we won't really know if we by-passed anyone until we meet them on the field next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything is possibe, on paper we still have a better CS and a better team but many moves are to be made and we have to repair a LR situation. To say that w/ this staff you have passed us w/ who you just hired is laughable though.

The Dolphins obviously have a better locker room environment, but as far as talent and wins/losses; we need to get through FA and the draft before we can even start to think about having a better team.

But I feel a lot better about our front office, especially the head coach at this point. Rex Ryan is the most over rated, biggest blow hard the NFL has ever seen. He writes checks no team in the history of the NFL could ever cash.

Last I checked, coaches dont snap, catch, or throw the ball, so I think we need to wait to see who we draft/trade/sign to fill the obvious holes on the team, before proclaiming anything. Are we right up there with the Pats for the best coaching staff? Seems like it, but that still remains to be seen. I think this topic can be revisited once we are closer to training camp.

The Dolphins obviously have a better locker room environment, but as far as talent and wins/losses; we need to get through FA and the draft before we can even start to think about having a better team.

But I feel a lot better about our front office, especially the head coach at this point. Rex Ryan is the most over rated, biggest blow hard the NFL has ever seen. He writes checks no team in the history of the NFL could ever cash.

Yeah rex sucks, 2 title games in 3 years. I remember when Phin fans were telling me Sparano was better than Rex. Let's see what philbin can do before you start comparing him to Rex.

Last I checked, coaches dont snap, catch, or throw the ball, so I think we need to wait to see who we draft/trade/sign to fill the obvious holes on the team, before proclaiming anything. Are we right up there with the Pats for the best coaching staff? Seems like it, but that still remains to be seen. I think this topic can be revisited once we are closer to training camp.

WHAT? You had me w/ the first sentence but right up there w/ the Pats for bext coaching staff? based on what?

Depends on which pigskin oncologist they enlist and his success in surgically excising a malignant clubhouse gut tumor looking bigger than even Rex's waistline :idk: Right now, embedding the two meatballs in their offense while upgrading ourselves, can only be looked on as a step in the right direction. Ditto even keeping Moore as starter (which is unlikely) vs The Taco. But we'll know by October either way.

[h=2]Have we bypassed the Jests?[/h]

Way to early to make any predictions.

However, watching the Superbowl in South Beach is better than watching it in sewer city, so yes, we have bypassed the Jets.

Threads like this are terrible and i'll tell you why..

If the Fins start slow, our fanbase is going to end up ruining everything. Philbin could be the second coming of Christ, but if we chase him out of here after an 8-8 season, WE ARE NEVER GOING TO GET ON TOP...

Jim Harbaugh doesn't happen every day. Guarantee SF regresses next year.

Lets chill out. We finally have a great coaching staff with unlimited potential. Lets give them a few years before we start calling ourselves better than anyone.

We finally have some brilliant football minds in the front office. Lets BE PATIENT!

Threads like this are terrible and i'll tell you why..

If the Fins start slow, our fanbase is going to end up ruining everything. Philbin could be the second coming of Christ, but if we chase him out of here after an 8-8 season, WE ARE NEVER GOING TO GET ON TOP...

Jim Harbaugh doesn't happen every day. Guarantee SF regresses next year.

Lets chill out. We finally have a great coaching staff with unlimited potential. Lets give them a few years before we start calling ourselves better than anyone.

We finally have some brilliant football minds in the front office. Lets BE PATIENT!

I like the beginning of your post but to call your staff great? that's stretching it a bit and bringing unrealistic expectations, isn't it?

and who did you add to the FO? Ireland is brilliant now?

I like the beginning of your post but to call your staff great? that's stretching it a bit and bringing unrealistic expectations, isn't it?

and who did you add to the FO? Ireland is brilliant now?

great compared to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4q1thh1G20

l
ol.... I shouldnt have said great. Its premature to say that. But hey, we are all excited down here in south FL, junc. Hate us or not, there are few fans that have endured as much as us Fin fans have over the past decade.

Philbin SOUNDS great... He isn't failing forward fast. I was referring to Philbin and Sherman, not Ireland.

Miami will need to prove it on the field, but there are a few scenarios that could work in our favor:

1. Miami got themselves a proven top OC, the Jets got themselves Sparano who on game day was horrble.

2. Miami will be trying to find a better QB, the Jets will probably stick with Sanchez or take Henne if Miami releases him.

3. This year the Dolphins refused to quit, even after a 0-7 start, the Jets were bickering and fight each other all the way to the off-season.

4. Miami has no idea what type of HC Philbin will be, but at least he will put them in the best position to win, unike Ryan, who again will not be able to help himself, and will again write checks his team will not be able to cash.

The Dolphins defense is young, looked good last year, and will probably get better, while the the Jets defense is getting older, and could continue to decline unless they get rid of some dead/ageing wood.

6. Miami found a Running game, while the Jets lost theirs and will probably have to replace LT .

Back
Top Bottom