Have we bypassed the Jests? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we bypassed the Jests?

LMAO how can you come to the conclusion that you have bypassed us when we have finished ahead of you in the standings every year since 2008 not to mention winning 4 playoff games along the way?

Failed Miami coachez? like when Sparano led a top 5 O the only year he called plays? the the dolphins former OL coach w/ an OL that had very good run games 3 of 4 years? I don't know what those guys will bring but they haven't been failures.

Let's stop the perpetual spin here.
  • Sparano was the Cowgirls' OL coach. He called the plays for a handful of games in 1 season. He failed as Miami's HC.
  • Maybe the Fins OL is good because they've had an excellent LT and some pretty good RBs.
  • The Fins offense has been a juggerNOT rather than a juggerNAUT during Sparano's tenure, and that reflects on his assistants.
yes he was lucky rather than good, it's so easy to get to one title game and doing it 2 years in a row was clearly nothing more than luck. :lol:

Just so you know had we won against a single "scrub" team(I don't remember playing Buffalo?) in the last 3 weeks we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. We needed to win 2 of 3.

Ryan inherited a team with decent talent on both sides of the ball that had gone to the playoffs just a couple of years before. He didn't take a team that had crappy talent and turn it into a great team. It was an okay team that got hot in the playoffs, games that Ryan only got to in 2009 because Indy didn't play its starters, and in 2010 because of some lucky plays. In 2011, Ryan was 2 plays away from coaching a 6-10 squad: the Romo INT against Dallas and the Stevie Johnson TD drop in the second Bills game. As for the season ending losing streak, Ryan's team imploded on the field in the season finale. Schotty had to bench Holmes because Ryan was clueless about what was going on. ON THE FIELD DURING A GAME!!! Moreover, whether they needed 1 win or 2, the fact is that they lost all 3.

So b/c we had a LR issue one year that means we'll have them again?

Where is Holmes going? Is Sanchez going to start playing like a competent veteran NFL QB or continue to be the pampered, ineffective pretty boy he has been since about the middle of 2010?

Sanchez may struggle to read defenses at times but he's excellent at avoiding sacks. The problem was our OL was so bad he would still get sacked even after avoiding the first wave. He was able to find WRs downfield his first 2 years, I wonder what changed in year 3?

"May struggle to read defenses at times"? Really? :lol: How about whenever he faces a good defense where the DBs don't play well off, he sucks?

I suppose "excellence" at avoiding sacks and OL competence are all in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't call being sacked 39 times (5th most) being "excellent at avoiding sacks", and I sure wouldn't consider an OL that has 3 Pro Bowlers on it "bad", especially when one of those Pro Bowlers is a premier LT.

Let's stop the perpetual spin here.
  • Sparano was the Cowgirls' OL coach. He called the plays for a handful of games in 1 season. He failed as Miami's HC.
  • Maybe the Fins OL is good because they've had an excellent LT and some pretty good RBs.
  • The Fins offense has been a juggerNOT rather than a juggerNAUT during Sparano's tenure, and that reflects on his assistants.

Ryan inherited a team with decent talent on both sides of the ball that had gone to the playoffs just a couple of years before. He didn't take a team that had crappy talent and turn it into a great team. It was an okay team that got hot in the playoffs, games that Ryan only got to in 2009 because Indy didn't play its starters, and in 2010 because of some lucky plays. In 2011, Ryan was 2 plays away from coaching a 6-10 squad: the Romo INT against Dallas and the Stevie Johnson TD drop in the second Bills game. As for the season ending losing streak, Ryan's team imploded on the field in the season finale. Schotty had to bench Holmes because Ryan was clueless about what was going on. ON THE FIELD DURING A GAME!!! Moreover, whether they needed 1 win or 2, the fact is that they lost all 3.

Where is Holmes going? Is Sanchez going to start playing like a competent veteran NFL QB or continue to be the pampered, ineffective pretty boy he has been since about the middle of 2010?

"May struggle to read defenses at times"? Really? :lol: How about whenever he faces a good defense where the DBs don't play well off, he sucks?

I suppose "excellence" at avoiding sacks and OL competence are all in the eye of the beholder. I wouldn't call being sacked 39 times (5th most) being "excellent at avoiding sacks", and I sure wouldn't consider an OL that has 3 Pro Bowlers on it "bad", especially when one of those Pro Bowlers is a premier LT.

He called plays in 2006 for Dallas
who cares if he failed as a HC? what does that have to do w/ him as an OC?

Obviously it's all b/c of the LT and the good RBs they have had:rolleyes:

Tony wasn't in charge of the phins offense, he was the HC. I don't know what he will do as an OC, he doesn't have much of a history but to blame him for the dolphins offensive problems is a little unfair. I love when people will blame a certain person for everything that goes wrong and not credit them when things go right.

Ryan did inherit a team w/ decent talent, a team that hadn't won a playoff game in 5 years and hadn't been in the playoffs in 3 years. A team that choked away a div ttile w/ a creampuff sched, no Brady to deal w/ and a future HOF QB running the O the year before.

Indy played their started for 2 1/2 qtrs, 2 1/2 more wtrs than Pittsburgh AT Buffalo in 2004 when the Bills were playing for a postseason berth- how did that work out for the Bills?

what were the lucky plays in 2010?

Ohh so if we force a TO on Dallas it's luck but if our guys drop balls or make bad plays it's all b/c we suck? got it.

Our team did implode and we still finished 2 games ahead of harmonious teams like Buffalo and Miami. I have confidence Rex will fix the LR issues.

Holmes is staying and so is Sanchez, in 2010 we almost made the SB w/ those 2, it dodn't work in 2011 but they'll have to get along to win in '12.

Pitt didn't have a good defense in the 2010 title game? just wondering? Just b/c a man has some bad games or even a bad stretch or year doesn't mean he isn't good. he's still developing, he had a setback but there were any reasons he struggled this year- some his fault and some not his fault.

So it was his fault he was sacked as much as he was? the Ol had nothing to do w/ it? I love when bitter, jealous opposing fans make excuses.

Our OL stunk, Brick got in on name recognition, Moore got in as an alternate, Mangold was hurt or playing hurt most of the season- our OL STUNK. The fact that you would mention the "3 pro bowlers" tells me all I need to know about how cloesly you watched the Jets O this year.

Anything is possibe, on paper we still have a better CS and a better team but many moves are to be made and we have to repair a LR situation. To say that w/ this staff you have passed us w/ who you just hired is laughable though.

In all fairness, Rex Ryan is your coach, so it doesn't take much to surpass the loud mouthed fat ***.

Sup JUNC, its been a looooong time since I set foot here. The same goes to you Kinzua.

we know what type of Coach rex is, one of the best int he league. A man who has 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons, a man who led us to 2 title games in 3 years.

You Jet fans have been thinking Superbowl each of the past 3 years, each year that team have failed to live up to the lofty expectations set by Coach Mantits.
The bad news is that Mark Sanchez is not improving, Rex may have lost the lockerroom, and you have gone from bad to worse in the OC deptartment, Holmes is a talented but pissy WR and the Giants are still light years ahead of where the NYJ are(ohhhhh that last one has to sting).
The good news is that Nick Folk will lead many a Fantasy Football team to victory this year.

Also: How the hell is Sparano supposed to develop Sanchez when he has never developed a QB ever?

I am rarely proven wrong, very rarely.

Speaking of Dallas:

That average team is going to win 10-11 games and win their division.

Speaking of the Jets:

I'll try to save some time here, the bottom line is the Jets have been one of the best teams in the league the last 2 years and are one again this year. No amount of jealousy from division rivals can change this. You can make all the excuses you want but the proof is in the results.

I think we went through about 10 pages in the Jets Reality Check thread before you finally admitted that you were wrong about the Jets opp side of the field starts.

Sanchez has proven he is a franchise guy.

This one will take a couple of years before you realize you are wrong on this one.

I am rarely proven wrong, very rarely.

Those are just a few examples in my debates with you where you were proven wrong. I'm sure there are many other examples. :chuckle: Most people on here have been proven wrong, so it is not rare with most people. Myself excluded of course. :lol:

He called plays in 2006 for Dallas

So it was his fault he was sacked as much as he was? the Ol had nothing to do w/ it? I love when bitter, jealous opposing fans make excuses.

Our OL stunk, Brick got in on name recognition, Moore got in as an alternate, Mangold was hurt or playing hurt most of the season- our OL STUNK. The fact that you would mention the "3 pro bowlers" tells me all I need to know about how cloesly you watched the Jets O this year.

uh yea, hes the quarterback. and stop with the "jealous fan" arguement. i dont see us talking trash about the pats, thats the one team we should be jealous about. there is really nothing to admire the jest about, your locker room is a mess, you have a ton of money tied up in a loser, pretty boy qb. and your coach constantly makes you guys look like a bunch of idiots. you guys are the laughing stock of the league going into the offseason.

the dolphins and bills do have something in common that the jest dont. we have been to a super bowl in the last 30 years.

Sup JUNC, its been a looooong time since I set foot here. The same goes to you Kinzua.

You Jet fans have been thinking Superbowl each of the past 3 years, each year that team have failed to live up to the lofty expectations set by Coach Mantits.
The bad news is that Mark Sanchez is not improving, Rex may have lost the lockerroom, and you have gone from bad to worse in the OC deptartment, Holmes is a talented but pissy WR and the Giants are still light years ahead of where the NYJ are(ohhhhh that last one has to sting).
The good news is that Nick Folk will lead many a Fantasy Football team to victory this year.

Also: How the hell is Sparano supposed to develop Sanchez when he has never developed a QB ever?

We did not have SB expectations in 2009, we did in '10 and '11. We fell just short in '10 and shorter in '11. It happens.

Sanchez took a little step back as many young QBs did this year.

The Giants are light years ahead of us? the won one more game and only made the playoffs b/c they play in a weak division w/o NE.

Speaking of Dallas:

Speaking of the Jets:

I think we went through about 10 pages in the Jets Reality Check thread before you finally admitted that you were wrong about the Jets opp side of the field starts.

This one will take a couple of years before you realize you are wrong on this one.

Those are just a few examples in my debates with you where you were proven wrong. I'm sure there are many other examples. :chuckle: Most people on here have been proven wrong, so it is not rare with most people. Myself excluded of course. :lol:

You are going to count predictions? I guess we should check all those Miami will be better than the Jets predictions we see every year and it's not like Dallas won 5 games, they were very close to winning 10-11 games.

At the time we were, things change.

2 title games in 3 years, the ONLY QB in the NFL that can say that from 2009-2011.

Shall I go through your post history and post all the things you were wrong about? off the top of my head the Jets points scored which you were wrong about.

I am correct much more often than I am wrong.

uh yea, hes the quarterback. and stop with the "jealous fan" arguement. i dont see us talking trash about the pats, thats the one team we should be jealous about. there is really nothing to admire the jest about, your locker room is a mess, you have a ton of money tied up in a loser, pretty boy qb. and your coach constantly makes you guys look like a bunch of idiots. you guys are the laughing stock of the league going into the offseason.

the dolphins and bills do have something in common that the jest dont. we have been to a super bowl in the last 30 years.

I see jealous rants about the Pats all the time on here but the difference is you know NE is on another level while you guys think you are on the Jets level despite the results telling us otherwsie.

A loser w/ 2 title game apps in 3 years, you guys would kill to have such a loser.

The Dolphins and Bills have the battles for 3rd place and lack of postseason apps/success in the last decade + in common.

I see jealous rants about the Pats all the time on here but the difference is you know NE is on another level while you guys think you are on the Jets level despite the results telling us otherwsie.

A loser w/ 2 title game apps in 3 years, you guys would kill to have such a loser.

The Dolphins and Bills have the battles for 3rd place and lack of postseason apps/success in the last decade + in common.

didnt we beat in this season in week 17 with everything on the line?
didnt we embarrass you last year at your own stadium?
didnt we sweep you two seasons ago?

and you have the balls to act as if you guys are that much better. i have said that going into the last few offseasons it was better to be a jet fan. you cant act like the jest are an elite team, when you just arent.

didnt we beat in this season in week 17 with everything on the line?
didnt we embarrass you last year at your own stadium?
didnt we sweep you two seasons ago?

and you have the balls to act as if you guys are that much better. i have said that going into the last few offseasons it was better to be a jet fan. you cant act like the jest are an elite team, when you just arent.

Had we won that game we still would have missed the playoffs so everything wasn't on the line.

You embarrassed us winning by 4?

You swept us then finished 2 games behind us and watched us win 2 playoff games

nah, we aren't that much better.

2009-2011:

Jets: 28-20 reg season, 4-2 postseason, 2 title game apps
Dolphins: 20-28 reg season, haven't even been in playoff contention the final weeks of a season

8 more reg season wins and 12 more total but yeah you are right there w/ us:lol:

Had we won that game we still would have missed the playoffs so everything wasn't on the line.

You embarrassed us winning by 4?

You swept us then finished 2 games behind us and watched us win 2 playoff games

nah, we aren't that much better.

2009-2011:

Jets: 28-20 reg season, 4-2 postseason, 2 title game apps
Dolphins: 20-28 reg season, haven't even been in playoff contention the final weeks of a season

8 more reg season wins and 12 more total but yeah you are right there w/ us:lol:

/End Thread

We did not have SB expectations in 2009, we did in '10 and '11. We fell just short in '10 and shorter in '11. It happens.

Sanchez took a little step back as many young QBs did this year.

The Giants are light years ahead of us? the won one more game and only made the playoffs b/c they play in a weak division w/o NE.

You are going to count predictions? I guess we should check all those Miami will be better than the Jets predictions we see every year and it's not like Dallas won 5 games, they were very close to winning 10-11 games.

At the time we were, things change.

2 title games in 3 years, the ONLY QB in the NFL that can say that from 2009-2011.

Shall I go through your post history and post all the things you were wrong about? off the top of my head the Jets points scored which you were wrong about.

I am correct much more often than I am wrong.

I love how you CONSTANTLY narrow the time frames down to make your arguments sound much more impressive than they really are.

I love how you CONSTANTLY narrow the time frames down to make your arguments sound much more impressive than they really are.

I think Junc is the press secretary of some sleazy politician in real life ... he's the master of spinning manure into something that doesn't smell so bad. :rolleyes2:

He's played 3 years, how have I narrowed the time frame?

I think Junc is the press secretary of some sleazy politician in real life ... he's the master of spinning manure into something that doesn't smell so bad. :rolleyes2:

yes, clearly I am spinning. I guess we should discuss the last 20 years when discussing mark Sanchez who has only played 3 years. I didn't realize until now that Sanchez has only 2 title game apps in the last 20 years as well. Man he sucks.

Back
Top Bottom