Have we bypassed the Jests? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Have we bypassed the Jests?

The only thing we have a leg up on the Jets is we don't have locker room issues going into camp. Let's see how it plays out in FA and through camp. I will say if the Jets don't solve their dysfunction, it will be a long season for them.

Miami will need to prove it on the field, but there are a few scenarios that could work in our favor:

1. Miami got themselves a proven top OC, the Jets got themselves Sparano who on game day was horrble.

2. Miami will be trying to find a better QB, the Jets will probably stick with Sanchez or take Henne if Miami releases him.

3. This year the Dolphins refused to quit, even after a 0-7 start, the Jets were bickering and fight each other all the way to the off-season.

4. Miami has no idea what type of HC Philbin will be, but at least he will put them in the best position to win, unike Ryan, who again will not be able to help himself, and will again write checks his team will not be able to cash.

The Dolphins defense is young, looked good last year, and will probably get better, while the the Jets defense is getting older, and could continue to decline unless they get rid of some dead/ageing wood.

6. Miami found a Running game, while the Jets lost theirs and will probably have to replace LT .

1. a proven top OC? he has been an OC for 2 years, w/ Seattle in 1999(12 in pts, 23rd in yds) and Houston in '07(12th and 14th). In Sparano's only year calling plays Dallas was 4th in pts and 5th in yds.

2. Sanchez has helped us reach 2 title games, the ONLY QB to appea in 2 championship games in the last 3 years. Henne will be a good backup.

3. They did quit early in the season, then when the season was lost they played. The Jets had a million problems and yet still finished 2 games ahead of Miami.

4. we know what type of Coach rex is, one of the best int he league. A man who has 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons, a man who led us to 2 title games in 3 years.

5. The Dolphin D looked good when the season was lost, a recent Miami tradition going back to the 90s where when games are meaningless the D is really good and when they mean something they suck PLUS they are changing DCs and systems.

6. again, you found it when the season was lost and we had a good ground game in the 2nd half of the year. Let's see you guys have success when you are still in the race.

The only thing we have a leg up on the Jets is we don't have locker room issues going into camp. Let's see how it plays out in FA and through camp. I will say if the Jets don't solve their dysfunction, it will be a long season for them.

I don't think there is a huge gap in talent, we'll see what your staff does and what moves the FO makes. I expect the dysfunction to be taken care of but if not we could see another disappointing season. The good news is as bad as the LR was we still went 8-8 and the team should be very motivated for a bounceback season but who knows?

It's way too early to say whether the Dolphins have passed the Jets, but to me that doesn't matter. When all is said and done, I want this team to be better than ALL the teams in the division including the Patriots. We've found some coaches who potentially lead this team to that, but it is still the players who make the team great! I'm hoping Philbin & co. can shore up as many holes as possible on our roster and finally find that franchise QB to make the Dolphins best in the AFC East. It might take a season or two, but I can see the Dolphins competing for the division title in the near future.

Like many other have said, it is way to ealry to judge. I like what the Dolphins have done with the coaching staff. I can't say the same for the Jets.

I know most Jets fans are happy to be rid of Schottenheimer, but losing Brian and Bill Callahan for Sparono and DeGuglielmo can't be considered an upgrade. I don't know much about Coyles, but Philbon and Sherman have to be an upgrade from Sparono and Daboll (who the Jets may also end up with :lol:) So, at this very early point, I give the dolphins the edge.

We will see what happens in free agency and in the draft.

1. a proven top OC? he has been an OC for 2 years, w/ Seattle in 1999(12 in pts, 23rd in yds) and Houston in '07(12th and 14th). In Sparano's only year calling plays Dallas was 4th in pts and 5th in yds.

Yea, your right, in football circles Sparano is known as the better Coordinator. Come on Junc, even you can't convice yourself of that. Can you actually imagine what Sherman would have done with the talent Sparano had in Dallas, did you forget how the Packers offense played in Greenbay? Let me guess, he was not the OC, so that had nothing to do with him. I backed Sparano because he did prepare his teams well each week, but on game day, he continued to be lost.

2. Sanchez has helped us reach 2 title games, the ONLY QB to appea in 2 championship games in the last 3 years. Henne will be a good backup.

No, he was just along for the ride. Whan your team's defense and running game failed, so did Sanchez.

3. They did quit early in the season, then when the season was lost they played. The Jets had a million problems and yet still finished 2 games ahead of Miami.

They never quit, it took them a bit of time, for the defense to play at a high level, and time allowed for the offensive players to learn the new offense, but once both clicked, they were thought as one of the hottest teams, unlike the Jets who crumbled once lucky breaks stopped, and they actually had to win on their own merrit and skill.

4. we know what type of Coach rex is, one of the best int he league. A man who has 4 playoff wins in 3 seasons, a man who led us to 2 title games in 3 years.

Rex is a loud mouth that has lived on being fortunate whether it be 2 teams conceding in 09 to open the door to the playoffs, or a bad call against the Broncos, lost Lions QB in Detroit, or fortunate fumble at end against the Browns all helping the Jets just barely make the playoffs in 2010.

5. The Dolphin D looked good when the season was lost, a recent Miami tradition going back to the 90s where when games are meaningless the D is really good and when they mean something they suck PLUS they are changing DCs and systems.

You can make any excuse you want, but simply, Miami's defense played better then Jets defense by season end, and looked better against the Jets at the end of the season, in a game the Jets needed....add to that Miami defense is made up of younger more hungry players.

6. again, you found it when the season was lost and we had a good ground game in the 2nd half of the year. Let's see you guys have success when you are still in the race.

Things are seeming to fall into place for Miami, you may not need to wait too long. Your team is slowly self distructing, and they may need to replace quite a few players this off-season.

Giving credit where due, Jets had a nice season with some lucky breaks in 2010.. but that was sandwiched between 2 mediocre seasons where they went 7-7 beating teams with a cumulative sub .400 winning percentage before being gifted into the playoffs and meeting a dead team walking then catching some uncharacteristic kicking breaks ..and of course their 8-8 season which if not for the largesse of Tony Romo, would have been 7-9. A season where they got man-handled by our Fins when everything was on the line and in that moment, not 15mins later, they needed to win for any chance to weasel back into the post season. A team that has to depend on the charity or screw ups of other teams to sneak into the Playoffs through the backdoor, never carries serve in their division let alone wins it, is by all liberal standards, "average at best."

Giving credit where due, Jets had a nice season with some lucky breaks in 2010.. but that was sandwiched between 2 mediocre seasons where they went 7-7 beating teams with a cumulative sub .400 winning percentage before being gifted into the playoffs and meeting a dead team walking then catching some uncharacteristic kicking breaks ..and of course their 8-8 season which if not for the largesse of Tony Romo, would have been 7-9. A season where they got man-handled by our Fins when everything was on the line and in that moment, not 15mins later, they needed to win for any chance to weasel back into the post season. A team that has to depend on the charity or screw ups of other teams to sneak into the Playoffs through the backdoor, never carries serve in their division let alone wins it, is by all liberal standards, "average at best."

I agree they did have a much better season in 2010 then 09 and 11, and have admitted that they deserved to be in the playoffs and the championship game ulike 2009, but that still does not neglect the fact they did go on a 4 game stretch in the middle of the season when in each game, something happened to help them win at the end.

I just don't get where Junc continues to believe The Jets are elite, and Sanchez is a top QB.

How can you say you passed us based on hiring a coach who is unproven and unknown at this point? Maybe Dolphin fans should stop worrying about the Jets and start worrying about the Patriots, the team that wins the division every season.

Let the offseason play out first before talking about passing teams, even with all the Jets issues this season they were a few plays from being in the playoffs and had a better record than the Dolphins again. The issues on the Jets can certainly be fixed, they will mix up the roster and hopefully iron out the chemistry issues in OTAs and training camp.

This doesn't have to do with the topic but I just think this board is hilarious. Its the only NFL board that I have been to where I see fans gear their avatars and sigs with Jets hating stuff, all the other boards fans have things that support their team but this board its like a hate group that only cares about a team failing rather than their team succeeding.

Like the poster at the top of this page, he has 3 different things as his sig to show his hatred for a team. A pic in which he probably spent all day trying to think of to really stick it to the Jets, a Jets suck, and looking for a quote by the HC of the team. Too funny.

This doesn't have to do with the topic but I just think this board is hilarious. Its the only NFL board that I have been to where I see fans gear their avatars and sigs with Jets hating stuff, all the other boards fans have things that support their team but this board its like a hate group that only cares about a team failing rather than their team succeeding.

Like the poster at the top of this page, he has 3 different things as his sig to show his hatred for a team. A pic in which he probably spent all day trying to think of to really stick it to the Jets, a Jets suck, and looking for a quote by the HC of the team. Too funny.
This too has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it hilarious that you finally decided to crawl out from under your rock. You haven't posted anything on these boards since the beginning of the month. At least Junc comes back the next day even when he is proven wrong. I'm Just sayin'.

Yea, your right, in football circles Sparano is known as the better Coordinator. Come on Junc, even you can't convice yourself of that. Can you actually imagine what Sherman would have done with the talent Sparano had in Dallas, did you forget how the Packers offense played in Greenbay? Let me guess, he was not the OC, so that had nothing to do with him. I backed Sparano because he did prepare his teams well each week, but on game day, he continued to be lost.

No, he was just along for the ride. Whan your team's defense and running game failed, so did Sanchez.

They never quit, it took them a bit of time, for the defense to play at a high level, and time allowed for the offensive players to learn the new offense, but once both clicked, they were thought as one of the hottest teams, unlike the Jets who crumbled once lucky breaks stopped, and they actually had to win on their own merrit and skill.

Rex is a loud mouth that has lived on being fortunate whether it be 2 teams conceding in 09 to open the door to the playoffs, or a bad call against the Broncos, lost Lions QB in Detroit, or fortunate fumble at end against the Browns all helping the Jets just barely make the playoffs in 2010.

You can make any excuse you want, but simply, Miami's defense played better then Jets defense by season end, and looked better against the Jets at the end of the season, in a game the Jets needed....add to that Miami defense is made up of younger more hungry players.

Things are seeming to fall into place for Miami, you may not need to wait too long. Your team is slowly self distructing, and they may need to replace quite a few players this off-season.

I didn't say Sparano was better just pointing out a fact that his O in his only year calling plays was better than the "great" OC you just hired.

The D and run game failed in the '10 title game and Sanchez and the pass game had us in it until the end.

If they didn't wuit and started 0-7 that just means they were terrible.

Yes, they were incredibly hot. The best 6-10 team the league has ever seen!

Rex is a loudmouth but that's ok, he's a damn good coach.

I love the excuses.

Your D was playing pretty well w/ zero pressure to win and now you have a new DC and new scheme. Good luck w/ that.

Yes, your D was incredibly hungry to start the year last year. I'm not sure if it was the 23 PPG allowed or the inspired, hungry play to blow a 15 pt lead in the final mins against den, blow the late lead against the Giants or allowing Colt McCoy to march downfield to beat you vs. Cleveland. They were clearyl hungry, somebody should have fed the wolf.

I've been there w/ my team where we change coaches every few years and you have optimism after the change, we finally have a real coach for the long term so I know the difference. Most of you guys didn't know who Philbin was until Miami hired him. Let's see what he can do, you still have many more question marks than we do.

I agree they did have a much better season in 2010 then 09 and 11, and have admitted that they deserved to be in the playoffs and the championship game ulike 2009, but that still does not neglect the fact they did go on a 4 game stretch in the middle of the season when in each game, something happened to help them win at the end.

I just don't get where Junc continues to believe The Jets are elite, and Sanchez is a top QB.

We weren't elite in 2011 but '09 & '10 being the only team in title games each year we were. I have never called Sanchez a top QB.

This too has nothing to do with the topic, but I find it hilarious that you finally decided to crawl out from under your rock. You haven't posted anything on these boards since the beginning of the month. At least Junc comes back the next day even when he is proven wrong. I'm Just sayin'.

I am rarely proven wrong.:D

Not true. But you have the "I must have the last word" syndrome, so you usually wear people down and they just get sick of going in circles. But the point still remains, regardless of the outcome, you stick around.

I do stick around, sometimes my team wins and sometimes they lose. It doesn't change who I am as a person, I'm not succeeding or failing my team is.

I am rarely proven wrong, very rarely. Just b/c I am in the minority doesn't mean I am wrong. I think far too often peope perceive what they think am I posting rather than read what I actually post.

How can you say you passed us based on hiring a coach who is unproven and unknown at this point? Maybe Dolphin fans should stop worrying about the Jets and start worrying about the Patriots, the team that wins the division every season.

Unproven and unknown HC = upside just like drafting a player over signing a FA vet.

Moreover, the Jests went out and hired failed Miami coaches for their own less-than-impressive offense -- and Sparano has virtually no experience as an OC.

Finally, Ryan was lucky rather than good as a HC in both 2009 and 2010. When his luck ran out in 2011, his coaching was hardly impressive. Losing three straight at the end of the season and pissing away their chances at the playoffs when a single win against a scrub team would have put them in doesn't cover Ryan with glory. Neither does the locker room disfunctionality that Ryan apparently knew nothing about. :confused:

Let the offseason play out first before talking about passing teams, even with all the Jets issues this season they were a few plays from being in the playoffs and had a better record than the Dolphins again. The issues on the Jets can certainly be fixed, they will mix up the roster and hopefully iron out the chemistry issues in OTAs and training camp.

Really? The Jests can't afford to cut Holmes because of the cap hit, and nobody will trade for him with his current contract (not to mention his bad attitude). Sanchez can't read defenses, can't avoid sacks and fumbles, can't find WRs downfield, and can't make good decisions to save his life. Holmes will continue to diss Sanchez unless he greatly improves, but the chances El Guapo does that after 50+ NFL starts is pretty small.

Unproven and unknown HC = upside just like drafting a player over signing a FA vet.

Moreover, the Jests went out and hired failed Miami coaches for their own less-than-impressive offense -- and Sparano has virtually no experience as an OC.

Finally, Ryan was lucky rather than good as a HC in both 2009 and 2010. When his luck ran out in 2011, his coaching was hardly impressive. Losing three straight at the end of the season and pissing away their chances at the playoffs when a single win against a scrub team would have put them in doesn't cover Ryan with glory. Neither does the locker room disfunctionality that Ryan apparently knew nothing about. :confused:

Really? The Jests can't afford to cut Holmes because of the cap hit, and nobody will trade for him with his current contract (not to mention his bad attitude). Sanchez can't read defenses, can't avoid sacks and fumbles, can't find WRs downfield, and can't make good decisions to save his life. Holmes will continue to diss Sanchez unless he greatly improves, but the chances El Guapo does that after 50+ NFL starts is pretty small.

Failed Miami coachez? like when Sparano led a top 5 O the only year he called plays? the the dolphins former OL coach w/ an OL that had very good run games 3 of 4 years? I don't know what those guys will bring but they haven't been failures.

yes he was lucky rather than good, it's so easy to get to one title game and doing it 2 years in a row was clearly nothing more than luck. :lol:

Just so you know had we won against a single "scrub" team(I don't remember playing Buffalo?) in the last 3 weeks we still wouldn't have made the playoffs. We needed to win 2 of 3.

So b/c we had a LR issue one year that means we'll have them again?

Sanchez may struggle to read defenses at times but he's excellent at avoiding sacks. The problem was our OL was so bad he would still get sacked even after avoiding the first wave. He was able to find WRs downfield his first 2 years, I wonder what changed in year 3?

Back
Top Bottom