Heisman Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heisman Thread

Correct, I am an Ohio State Fan. But i have the Heismen race comin down between Quinn and Smith. The biggest factor will be who performs better in the big games. So far it has been close, but Quinn might be leading by a few votes with the way he play against Penn State. I think it will matter who plays better against Michigan since both team plays Michigan. But since OSU plays Michigan as thier last game it will be fresh in the voters mind when it comes down to vote as long as Smith plays well and OSU wins.

AD's stats Week 3:

32 rush, 211 yds, 6.2 YPC, 1 TD

AD's overall stats:

90 rush, 515 yds, 5.7 YPC, 4 TD's

3 receptions, 75 yds, 1 TD

(AD also started returning kicks along with Reggie Smith in the win over Oregon)

Lee Corso and Lou Holtz both mentioned Chris Leak should be considered in the hunt this past weekend. Yeah I know, "Consider the source". But if he plays well against LSU and Auburn I can definitely see him as a finalist.

i have leak as a finalist right now.

1: troy smith
2: steve slaton
3: adrian peterson
4: chris leak
5: chad henne??

UF Fin Kat said:

Good list. That last spot is a toss up at this point. Henne, Irons, Jarrett, Hart, Johnson, etc.. could all be considered.

Brohm if he hadn't got hurt.

Motion said:
Good list. That last spot is a toss up at this point. Henne, Irons, Jarrett, Hart, Johnson, etc.. could all be considered.
yeah, i didn't put irons only because he's not a household name yet and hasn't had the kinda games you need from a RB to be a finalist. i just think chad henne going into notre dame and dominating like he did is pretty valuable in the minds of heisman voters.

Motion said:
Brohm if he hadn't got hurt.
:yes:

AirFishOne said:
I agree Leak should be top 5 as long as friggin John David @$$ dosnet sneak in there :shakeno:

They both could be in there by the end of the season.

UF Fin Kat said:

I have Hart over Henne right now, but I agree completely with your list . . . I think Russell from LSU, Quinn of course and Brohm (if he wasn't hurt) would also be names to consider by the end of the season

The 3 guys that are sleepers are: Wolfe from Northern Illinois, Booty from USC and a real big time sleeper in Rice from Rutgers.

UF Fin Kat said:
i think rutgers would have to win the big east for that to happen.

Yea, he would definetly have to show up against the Lou and West Va, but kid is just a sophmore . . . he gonna do some damage.

If Troy Smith keeps up the preformance that he is having he will win it. I hope he stays mistake free all year. Though Michigan will be a challenge and a great game.

AirFishOne said:
AD's stats Week 3:

32 rush, 211 yds, 6.2 YPC, 1 TD

AD's overall stats:

90 rush, 515 yds, 5.7 YPC, 4 TD's

3 receptions, 75 yds, 1 TD

(AD also started returning kicks along with Reggie Smith in the win over Oregon)
Yeah, Peterson's got some nice numbers, but consider:

*** Steve Slaton (thru 3 games)

*** 62 carries - 503 yards (8.1 yds/carry) - 6 TD's

... where I believe Peterson's got the edge is the fact that Slaton is only a sophomore, & they NEVER give it to a freshman or sophomore

Back
Top Bottom