Heisman Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heisman Thread

Skeet84 said:
Not shocking that this is coming from a Notre Dame fan. He has no real shot cuase they will lose another game and he has alot to over come with other competition. Notre Dame will lose, But not cause of Quinn. There defense is horrible I mean Michigan only beat Vandy 27-7

It isnt like I gave him much hope. I said he'd have to win out and dominate USC. I didnt say it would happen. And I was merely agreeing w/ another poster that Quinn still isnt completely out of it.

LouPhinFan said:
I know I left your boy off of there, but that's because its a list of players who have a chance of winning it...

plz explain the reasons why AD wont win

DonShula84 said:
It isnt like I gave him much hope. I said he'd have to win out and dominate USC. I didnt say it would happen. And I was merely agreeing w/ another poster that Quinn still isnt completely out of it.

well you always have to have hope and while there is a slight chance that he could still win is right, But let me stat my words differently and say that the odds are very very much against him.

AirFishOne said:
plz explain the reasons why AD wont win

Its not that I don't think he's an awesome back, its just that I think that OU will lose to Texas and that coupled with the Oregon loss will take him out of the running. Its a shame about them getting the shaft in the Oregon game. Stupid Pac-10 officials.

With Smith and Ginn at OSU, Slaton running like he is right now (even if they aren't playing a strong schedule), and Florida having a good season with a chance to win the SEC, I think it already puts him behind the 8-ball so to speak.

Skeet84 said:
well you always have to have hope and while there is a slight chance that he could still win is right, But let me stat my words differently and say that the odds are very very much against him.

Definitely agree with that.

LouPhinFan said:
Its not that I don't think he's an awesome back, its just that I think that OU will lose to Texas and that coupled with the Oregon loss will take him out of the running. Its a shame about them getting the shaft in the Oregon game. Stupid Pac-10 officials.

With Smith and Ginn at OSU, Slaton running like he is right now (even if they aren't playing a strong schedule), and Florida having a good season with a chance to win the SEC, I think it already puts him behind the 8-ball so to speak.

oh i see...good reasons...I thought you just hated AD my bad :D

In my opinion, here's the(my) top 5 right now.

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Troy Smith
3. Steve Slaton
4. Chris Leak
5. (tie) Kenny Irons and Garret Wolfe

Irons stats last week weren't great, but he earned every single yard, he'd break two tackles ever single run. Brohm was my number 4, but with the injury, he gets dropped completely.

Steve Slaton....he means more to their team than the other guys do to theirs...he has my vote so far.

Roman529 said:
Steve Slaton....he means more to their team than the other guys do to theirs...he has my vote so far.
Well, it's not the MVP award. The Heisman truly is for the most outstanding player.

At this point, it's Peterson for me. And, if OU isn't a top 10 program I don't think it's should be as big of a knock against Peterson. IMO it's more relevant for QB's.

finswin56 said:
Well, it's not the MVP award. The Heisman truly is for the most outstanding player.

At this point, it's Peterson for me. And, if OU isn't a top 10 program I don't think it's should be as big of a knock against Peterson. IMO it's more relevant for QB's.

Yeah, but the Heisman is more of a popularity contest. And you ain't popular unless you're gettin' invited to the big dances (BCS games).

Roman529 said:

Actually I think AP means the most to his team. He's thier only offense.

Back
Top Bottom