Heisman Thread | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heisman Thread

Garrett Wolfe deserves to have his name mentioned. I mean his team did get blown out v.s. Ohio State, But he had a monster game and is a very special player. I think there is no chance that Quinn will be able to rebound to get the heisman. There is just to big of a lead to overcome

Skeet84 said:
I think there is no chance that Quinn will be able to rebound to get the heisman.
:confused: if they go undefeated the rest of the way and he plays well he'll be a finalist easily. the notre dame hype will fire up again.

Bumpus said:
Yeah, Peterson's got some nice numbers, but consider:

*** Steve Slaton (thru 3 games)

*** 62 carries - 503 yards (8.1 yds/carry) - 6 TD's

... where I believe Peterson's got the edge is the fact that Slaton is only a sophomore, & they NEVER give it to a freshman or sophomore

WV's schedule is alot easier than that of OU's if AD played teams like East Carolina every week hed had 1,000 yards by game 4

UF Fin Kat said:
:confused: if they go undefeated the rest of the way and he plays well he'll be a finalist easily. the notre dame hype will fire up again.

That's a tall order with their schedule and their s...l...o...w secondary. Its still too early to get a good handicap yet, so I won't put any odds, but here's my list right now in order:

1. Smith
2. Slaton
3. Leak
4. Ginn
5. Hart

Long shots: Booty-he's a front runner for next year, but if USC continues to win and he continues to look like he has so far...

Believe it or not, Brian Brohm: If he comes back BEFORE the WVU game and U of L wins out the rest of the year and his numbers are gaudy, and U of L somehow makes it to the BCS title game... Yeah, I know that's why he's a long shot. He is a front runner next year though!:D

UF Fin Kat said:

I think you are right. If he plays lights out the rest of the way, which is possible with NDs schedule being pretty easy here on out, and then dominates USC on national tv he still has a shot. He cant afford another mediocre/bad game or a loss though.

DonShula84 said:
I think you are right. If he plays lights out the rest of the way, which is possible with NDs schedule being pretty easy here on out, and then dominates USC on national tv he still has a shot. He cant afford another mediocre/bad game or a loss though.

I wouldn't call their schedule that easy from here on out. They could easily lose to Michigan State this weekend. Air Force didn't look that bad against Tennessee and of course USC.

LouPhinFan said:
I wouldn't call their schedule that easy from here on out. They could easily lose to Michigan State this weekend. Air Force didn't look that bad against Tennessee and of course USC.

When I said it was easy here on out I took USC out of that. I meant to include MSU in that also because they always give us problems. But there are some pretty easy teams coming up, and they should be able to beat all of them. UCLA does worry me a bit because they have offense that can throw the ball.

If they dont beat all of them what little hope Quinn does still have will be completely gone.

DonShula84 said:

Not shocking that this is coming from a Notre Dame fan. He has no real shot cuase they will lose another game and he has alot to over come with other competition. Notre Dame will lose, But not cause of Quinn. There defense is horrible I mean Michigan only beat Vandy 27-7

Skeet84 said:
Not shocking that this is coming from a Notre Dame fan. He has no real shot cuase they will lose another game and he has alot to over come with other competition. Notre Dame will lose, But not cause of Quinn. There defense is horrible I mean Michigan only beat Vandy 27-7

Yeah, I don't think that defense has a chance against USC, even without Bush and White. If the corners can't cover Michigan's WRs, then they don't have a chance against Smith and Jarrett. Booty is proving every week to be a capable QB to replace Linert. That D will probably struggle this weekend against Michigan State.

LouPhinFan said:
That's a tall order with their schedule and their s...l...o...w secondary. Its still too early to get a good handicap yet, so I won't put any odds, but here's my list right now in order:

1. Smith
2. Slaton
3. Leak
4. Ginn
5. Hart

Long shots: Booty-he's a front runner for next year, but if USC continues to win and he continues to look like he has so far...

Believe it or not, Brian Brohm: If he comes back BEFORE the WVU game and U of L wins out the rest of the year and his numbers are gaudy, and U of L somehow makes it to the BCS title game... Yeah, I know that's why he's a long shot. He is a front runner next year though!:D

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Majpain said:
Yes he is missing Peterson, we caught it :wink:

I figured someone did but no one posted it so I preformed a public service...wheres my gold star???? :tongue:

AirFishOne said:
I figured someone did but no one posted it so I preformed a public service...wheres my gold star???? :tongue:

I know I left your boy off of there, but that's because its a list of players who have a chance of winning it...

LouPhinFan said:
I know I left your boy off of there, but that's because its a list of players who have a chance of winning it...

:chuckle:

Back
Top Bottom