henry ok with willis | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

henry ok with willis

Originally posted by BillsMan80
And enjoy getting run over by Travis Henry this year, and then Willis McGahee in the future. Just an article here for your reference...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...ry2_columns.shtml?tbd0501story2_columns.shtml

BTW, all the quotes in that article arew from a former college player. It all means nothing. The true test comes when WIllis has to cut on that field in Buffalo and get hit by an NFL LB. Everything now is just speculation. I'd be happy to see him come back, but for someone to say he is a bigger prospect than Ricky Williams is total biased BS.

Originally posted by Ingtar33 on BFZ...

Here is the exact message that he responded with...

WilMc was the coconscious no.1 pick in our FO before the Fiesta Bowl. After it he fell all the way to no.45 (on my list). After our docs got a chance to look at him (they gave him a 90% chance to recover completely, and a 50/50 chance of being ready for week one), and when we started to put together our draft board WilMc ended up as the no.3 prospect in the draft (behind Leftwich and Rogers).

That no.3 ranking is the highest RB spot I've seen since I've been a part of the NFL draft, except for LT. LT was also rated a no.3, but he was viewed as more of a workhorse than a game breaker (of course the reason he was so high is because he could tear off the big run every once in a while). RW, was rated a no.9 (we were worried about fumbles and the huge amount of mileage on him already), and McAllister/Portis were 20-30 picks.

Now, I'm not the world's greatest talent evaluator... I think my FO likes me because I turn up some good guys in later rounds, and I've really laid a few eggs (I thought both Stalworth and Lelie were destined for failure for example). But when I look at WilMc, I see a guy with limitless potential. He has all the physical tools, he produced in college against good competition (the Hurricanes played very quality teams last season), and he's has an ideal personality (team first, tough as nails, hard worker, quite leader type, extremely competitive).

Do I really know how he'll do in the pros? Lord no! No one does. Anyone who tells you other is lying or can actually see the future. But I can tell you that either in this talent thin draft or in one of the better ones he would have been at or very near the top of everyone’s draft board without that knee injury. I also know that James and Portis, even Gore (in the few limited times I saw him on tape), never looked as good as McGahee did last year.

BTW: I'm not really sure who he most reminds me of... Taylor is a good comparison, but so is Marshal Faulk. I'm a bit of a football junky, and while I never got to see him play live, I did get to see him on tape, and I like the OJ comparison best of all (of course OJ couldn't catch a cold... so made that’s not all that good a comparison).

My biggest concern with WilMc (other than his knee) is that most speed burners who run a sub 4.4 tend to suffer an excessive number of hammy pulls... and while WilMc has never really suffered one of those (to the best of my recollection), it is a concern.

I want to know why USA hockey...

is getting tooled in the World Tournament.

That is what I can't comprehend.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hye Justa

Originally posted by justafan

There you go with "all" again. Just like you said "EVERYONE thinks Wany....." It's easy for you to look somewhere and say that 'everyone' has the same opinion when in fact they are doing the same thing that's going on here and that making sense of the draft. Last time I checked not everyong here agrees with Wanny's draft just like the bills boards.

Clump does not like the pick.

As far as bills fan being dumb, that's your opinion. IMO you are not one of the better posters here in finheaven so your opinion means squat (no offense).

DUDE, when I say ALL, it's a generalization. There is always going to be the oddball. Guess that's Clump. That's fine, it's fits him. From now on try to remember that, and I will try to say MOST.

Regardless, there is a buzz with the Bills about Willis. That is great, I hope he does well, except twice a year;). BUT, for someone to say he was a better prospect than Ricky Williams, admit it, it's crap.

OH, he says there he runs a 4.4, YET, I read in the Bills sight, and guys are claiming a 4.23. I don't care if I am smart enough to be a talent scout or what. I know what I see, and Ricky has been the latest, greatest prospect for the position. Why don't you get a clue, and go HOME!

OH YEAH, Miami Dolphins' worst nightmare is in that picture. A BUSTED KNEE.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
OH, he says there he runs a 4.4, YET, I read in the Bills sight, and guys are claiming a 4.23. I don't care if I am smart enough to be a talent scout or what. I know what I see, and Ricky has been the latest, greatest prospect for the position. Why don't you get a clue, and go HOME!

Actually why don't you get a clue. He never said he runs a 4.4. He said he runs a SUB 4.4. Looks like I am not the one who needs a clue.

yes you do, get out of here, you just don't belong. You still can't admit yourself, that Mcgahee cannot compare to the prospect Ricky was. IF this guy said it and he's a talent scout, then he has lost it.

Here's another question.... Why do MOST(for justa) Bills fans think that Travis Henry is just as good, if not better than RIcky WIlliams?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hye Justa

DUDE, when I say ALL, it's a generalization. There is always going to be the oddball. Guess that's Clump. That's fine, it's fits him. From now on try to remember that, and I will try to say MOST.

Regardless, there is a buzz with the Bills about Willis. That is great, I hope he does well, except twice a year;). BUT, for someone to say he was a better prospect than Ricky Williams, admit it, it's crap.

I think they meant "potentially" if he didn't get injured or if he ever get's to be 100%. I don't know I am just guessing.

Their opinions though are their own. Not mine.

yes you do, get out of here, you just don't belong. You still can't admit yourself, that Mcgahee cannot compare to the prospect Ricky was. IF this guy said it and he's a talent scout, then he has lost it.

Here's another question.... Why do MOST(for justa) Bills fans think that Travis Henry is just as good, if not better than RIcky WIlliams?

He finally uses the right word "most" but doesn't have facts to back it up. Show me a link this time were "most" bills fans think Henry is better. Why don't you start a poll over there to prove your statement? :D

You know the best way to evaluate a player is to think if you would be saying the same thing if he was on a different team, I don't think the Bills fans would be. I never heard one mention of McGhee by the fans on any of the Buffalo talk radios. If the fans thought he was so great someone would have mentioned him before the draft.

Now before you jump on me this has nothing to do either way of what I think of McGhee, I wouldn't mind having him as a backup to Ricky, I however wouldn't have used a pick to get him with Ricky on the team and other pressing needs.

Nope, I don't post there. Just look at it. BTW, if you want proof, just listen to radio in NY. It's talk of the town.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
You know the best way to evaluate a player is to think if you would be saying the same thing if he was on a different team, I don't think the Bills fans would be. I never heard one mention of McGhee by the fans on any of the Buffalo talk radios. If the fans thought he was so great someone would have mentioned him before the draft.

Now before you jump on me this has nothing to do either way of what I think of McGhee, I wouldn't mind having him as a backup to Ricky, I however wouldn't have used a pick to get him with Ricky on the team and other pressing needs.

Sometimes one's reputation (Donahoe) makes us to believe that they know what they are doing. I for one was shocked that we got WM. Then again, TD was right when he said "don't assume anything. " (what they will do in the draft) Did he do the right thing? Time will tell. I bet even he doesn't know but he was willing to take that chance.

I have yet to get an answer from finfans who keep saying we have pressing needs and yet can't come up with players available at 23 who would've made an immediate impact over the players we now have ( the one's we got in FA'cy).

MFAN I am more up to date than you are with what bills fans have to say and I doubt the majority of the bills fans think Henry is better than Williams. If you believe your statement is true than you believe what you want to believe. You can't make me believe that what you believe is true. Follow? :D

:rolleyes: Whatever. I know what I read and heard. I could care less. It feels damn good that soon practices start and football get's really going. I don't care about anything right now. FOOTBALL IN GENERAL IS ALMOST BACK.

mfan.. you act like a child... i am just wondering how old you are.. what is with all the "go home, you dont belong here" crap.. i see it all the time from you, and very little in the area of well thought out posts..

just thought you may have been a child that likes slinging mud. regardless of your age, your at the very minium, a bad poster who likes to sling mud.

Back
Top Bottom