Here it is boys : Peyton on pace to shatter Marino | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here it is boys : Peyton on pace to shatter Marino

DaQuix

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I posted this a while ago, that Peyton is on pace to shatter Marino's records and everyone said it wasnt true - whatdya know , someone actually writes an article about it - AND ITS TRUE!!!!!

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7664297

This can be moved to the AFC EAST or something forum

lol - he already is "as good" - just hasnt broke the record yet

I agree with your Bush vote though - GO GEORGE WWWWWW

Yeah...and when Kurt Warner started he was on pace to smoke all of Danny's records too...what's he on pace to smoke now?

DaQuix said:
I posted this a while ago, that Peyton is on pace to shatter Marino's records and everyone said it wasnt true - whatdya know , someone actually writes an article about it - AND ITS TRUE!!!!!

There sure alot of IF'S in that article!!!!!!!!!
:eek:

We'll see how well he does without Harrison and Edge. Manning's downfall that Marino didn't have will be his large paycheck.

DaQuix said:

Bledsoe is on pace to not throw as many TD's in 16 games as Jay Fielder did in 11 games. Whoops that's last season. Go Jags.

« Back · 1 · 2 · 3 · Next »
Marino threw 420 touchdown passes, shattering the previous record of 342 by Fran Tarkenton. Manning has thrown 167 in his six years, or an average of 1.74 per game. Using the 242 games Marino played, Manning would throw 421. It will take him 15.1 years to break Marino's record if he stays at his current pace and plays all 16 games each season.
Here's a KEY aspect... this is if he plays all 16 games for 15.1 years. Marino did NOT play in all games for 15.1 years. He was injured a few times and missed games.

Look for Zach Thomas to end his streak with a broken jaw sometime in the near future. ;)

Zach meet Peyton... Peyton meet Zach... oh wait! :eek: I think I've seen this before, or damn close to it. :D

NavyFishFan said:
Yeah...and when Kurt Warner started he was on pace to smoke all of Danny's records too...what's he on pace to smoke now?

LOL - dude - Warner had 2 good years - Manning has had 6 consistent good years

He is the best QB of the past decade
He is the best QB in the league right now
He has 5 straight seasons of 4,000 pluss yards

BTW: The whole point of this article was people saying he isnt on pace and me proving them wrong - Im not saying he IS going to shatter the records - just saying I was right in what I said

Well no the paycheck thing isn't really true. For his time Marino had a very large paycheck.

DaQuix said:
LOL - dude - Warner had 2 good years - Manning has had 6 consistent good years

He is the best QB of the past decade
He is the best QB in the league right now
He has 5 straight seasons of 4,000 pluss yards

2 words

Tom Brady

With 2:00 to go from my own 2 yard line there is nobody in the NFL I'd rather have than Brady. Manning may put up better numbers but Brady's a winner.

Back
Top Bottom