Here it is boys : Peyton on pace to shatter Marino | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here it is boys : Peyton on pace to shatter Marino

Icer said:
Reminds me of Dan Marino and John Elway
or Montana

Oops, here comes the legion of Fin fans to burn me at the steak:lol:

Pains me to say this but it's more like Montana with Manning being more like Marino (with a better offense around him). The thing about Marino that everyone seems to forget is the guy carried the Dolphins through most of his career. He never had a great defense (at least not until he was in his upper 30's) an Edgerrin James, Jerry Rice (coincidence that Montana, Young, and even Gannon had MVP years with the hands down best WR of all time playing with them), or Marvin Harrison. Marino made his receivers better than what they were for most of his career. If Brady wins another one I will have more respect for him than I do Montana due to the comparison in talent. If Montana was half what the football world thinks he was he would have won a Bowl in KC. Except Marino kept knocking the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
One more thing. Why the F*** would you start a thread and suggest it get moved in the opening post? Why not just POST IT IN THE RIGHT PLACE??????????

Maybe because your a ......nevermind.

EXACTLY what i was thinking. why start a thread and suggest it get moved -- why don't you put it where it belongs in the first place?!?! must be a bills fan.

You do realize the staggering amount of "What If's" in this post make the thread silly conjecture at this point.

If Marino kept averaging what he did his first 6, as the author assumes Manning will, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

But that's entirely too much thinking for you. Put your head down.

DaQuix said:
BTW: The whole point of this article was people saying he isnt on pace and me proving them wrong - Im not saying he IS going to shatter the records - just saying I was right in what I said

He is the best QB of the past decade
He is the best QB in the league right now

Talking about what someone is 'on pace' to do is ignorant and stupid. Tom Brady is 'on pace' to have 8 Super Bowl rings by the time he concludes his 16th NFL season. You think that's going to happen?

BTW, I hate to break this to you but Bret Favre is the best QB of the past decade and Tom Brady is the best QB in the league right now. Period, end of discussion.

Disgustipate said:
You do realize the staggering amount of "What If's" in this post make the thread silly conjecture at this point.

If Marino kept averaging what he did his first 6, as the author assumes Manning will, we wouldnt be having this discussion.

But that's entirely too much thinking for you. Put your head down.

EXACTLY. Everybody tapers off as they get older. Let's see if Peyton can play at a high level for another 11 years.

Why don't you line up payton's numbers up against Marino's first 6 years and see how far "off" the pace he is?

Payton isn't the first QB to be on "pace" with spun stats to best Marino. If he can keep his current pace for another 10 years? What a joke. Payton lack's Dan's mentally toughness. Much less the toughness needed for another 10 years.

It's a pipe dream buddy. Smoke on....

--Ross

At this rate Buffalo is on pace to never win a SuperBowl. Take your crap elsewhere DaQuix...it isn't new and we have seen your type before.

VanDolPhan said:
At this rate Buffalo is on pace to never win a SuperBowl. Take your crap elsewhere DaQuix...it isn't new and we have seen your type before.

:roflmao: HAHAHAHA. HOW TRUE THIS IS. GREAT POST.

Ross said:
Why don't you line up payton's numbers up against Marino's first 6 years and see how far "off" the pace he is?

Payton isn't the first QB to be on "pace" with spun stats to best Marino. If he can keep his current pace for another 10 years? What a joke. Payton lack's Dan's mentally toughness. Much less the toughness needed for another 10 years.

It's a pipe dream buddy. Smoke on....

--Ross

I already did that the last time we had this discussion. He's too blinded by his love for Manning to see it.

DaQuix said:
BTW: The whole point of this article was people saying he isnt on pace and me proving them wrong - Im not saying he IS going to shatter the records - just saying I was right in what I said

O.K. you were right, Manning is on pace. Do you feel better now? I'm sure Peyton is very happy he has losers like you keeping up with his stats as compared to Marino.

F150&Dolfan said:
Pains me to say this but it's more like Montana with Manning being more like Marino (with a better offense around him). The thing about Marino that everyone seems to forget is the guy carried the Dolphins through most of his career. He never had a great defense (at least not until he was in his upper 30's) an Edgerrin James, Jerry Rice (coincidence that Montana, Young, and even Gannon had MVP years with the hands down best WR of all time playing with them), or Marvin Harrison. Marino made his receivers better than what they were for most of his career. If Brady wins another one I will have more respect for him than I do Montana due to the comparison in talent. If Montana was half what the football world thinks he was he would have won a Bowl in KC. Except Marino kept knocking the Chiefs out of the playoffs.

Montanta had the weakest arm in the NFL and still worked magic. By the time he had arrived in KC he was damaged goods and he he lost whatever ball speed he had. But before then, with the game on the line and the ball in his hand, he hardly ever didn't come through.

Still wasn't as good as Marino,

--Ross

Montana is overrated ... Manning is underrated

DaQuix said:
Montana is overrated ... Manning is underrated

You're right about Montana. But Manning underrated? I think he is far from that.

lol - i thought id get a response about that

DaQuix said:
lol - i thought id get a response about that
Can you tell me your thought process when you decided to post this thread? Yes, Manning is pace right now but he still has a long way to go. Call us when he gets reasonably close to breaking some of Dan's records.

Oooh, I have an idea. I'm going to go on a Atlanta Braves message board and talk about how Alex Rodriguez is on pace to break Hank Aaron's HR record! That'll go over great! :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom