Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes

Don't forget slow throwing motion for Darnold.

But yeah, completely agree on all of that. What looked like it would develop into a great QB class .... just hasn't, IMHO.

Anyone who's familiar with NFL hx knows not all 4 will be good QBs and only one may be elite. Hope meets reality.

Anyone who's familiar with NFL hx knows not all 4 will be good QBs and only one may be elite. Hope meets reality.
Yep, and I cannot tell you how happy I am that the Jets once again mortgaged their future on getting a QB with the 3rd pick. If the Jets hold true to form ... they just lost 3 or so good players.

He sounded pretty serious (fwiw)...

CK‏ @ckparrot Mar 13
What’s funny about getting Wilson and Amendola (and Woodhead, you watch, not joking) for underneath is Stills a proven deep threat, and Jakeem Grant shows flashes of that too. He’s un-jammable. He’s too tiny and fast. Try getting a jam on a live chicken sometime. It’s not easy.
I thought woodhead retired.

That's not answering the question - typical. Take a LB over a qb - laughable.
Here is the possible though unlikely scenario wherein 1 QB WILL DROP:
Browns & Jets go QB- we are certain of this.
Bills move up for QB.

Giants go BPA- they try make a 2 year run with Eli & have Webb on their roster.

Broncos & Elway- they roll with Keenum & build that Def with BPA

AZ rolls with Bradford. They don't want pay the price to crack top 10.
Bucs Bears 49ers Colts not going QB.

Tanny has 66 ints to 106 tds. And in 2016 when all the tanny supports say he was clicking the most had 19 tds and 12 ints! The only crap here is what you homers say to blindly support tanny. Numbers don't lie.

I am not a homer and I don't blindly support Tannehill. You should learn to curb yourself.

RT17 has 13, 17, 12, 12 and 12 INTs in the years he has played. No sane person would call that tons of interceptions.

Here is the possible though unlikely scenario wherein 1 QB WILL DROP:
Browns & Jets go QB- we are certain of this.
Bills move up for QB.

Giants go BPA- they try make a 2 year run with Eli & have Webb on their roster.

Broncos & Elway- they roll with Keenum & build that Def with BPA

AZ rolls with Bradford. They don't want pay the price to crack top 10.
Bucs Bears 49ers Colts not going QB.

I don't think Keenum makes a QB needy team pass on a QB that they think has a chance to be special.

Again, difference of opinion. I thik they are. And the way teams are jumping each other makes me believe many in the NFL do as well. I also love how a Walter pre draft write up is somehow support. Those reports are made to show streghts and weakness on everyone for everyone. Give me a can't miss prospect and I'll post all the weaknesses attached to him.

Compare those guys with Tannehill. He didn't come in with shoulder or concussion issues. He was never known to lack confidence or at least damn well never came out and said that. He wasn't undersized. He didn't have character questions. Here are the weaknesses mentioned by Walter Football.

• Needs to improve his anticipation
  • Ball security; interceptions and fumbles
  • Has small hands
  • Only 19 collegiate starts, 20 games at quarterback

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012rtannehill.php#ixzz5ADfR9WBj

Literally all of those are spot on weaknesses. Yet somehow you think that Walter Football are being too critical of the QBs for this draft?

I would EASILY choose to go with Tannehill this year and if he shows signs of being the same old QB or has knee problems then I go into the 2019 draft and look to grab a true stud QB from the SEC or ACC.

How about for Andrew Luck and RGIII? Tell me that they didn't nail the major issues with each player here as well.

Luck is a complete package. He has the size, arm strength and mechanics to be a lethal pocket passer. Luck also has good mobility, a seven yards per carry average in his career, and escapability when he sees a rush. His footwork is phenomenal and he clearly is well-groomed by former head coach Jim Harbaugh. Luck is extremely intelligent. As a result, some question his competitive drive because he is described as somewhat nerdy and focused on his academics, but Luck is a winner and a hard worker that looks like a very safe pick at the top of the draft.

Griffin is not the biggest player, but there is no doubt that he has toughness. Griffin played through a concussion late in the season, and took a lot of big hits when he ran with the ball. One challenge will be fitting Griffin into a pro-style offense. He rarely took the snap from under center, and will need some development at the pro level. However it shouldn't be a problem as Griffin is extremely intelligent. He is known as a high-character individual off the field and a hard worker. Griffin was limited to only three games in 2009 due to a season-ending knee injury, but he looked strong and fast in 2010.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php

Compare those guys with Tannehill. He didn't come in with shoulder or concussion issues. He was never known to lack confidence or at least damn well never came out and said that. He wasn't undersized. He didn't have character questions. Here are the weaknesses mentioned by Walter Football.

• Needs to improve his anticipation
  • Ball security; interceptions and fumbles
  • Has small hands
  • Only 19 collegiate starts, 20 games at quarterback
Read more: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012rtannehill.php#ixzz5ADfR9WBj

Literally all of those are spot on weaknesses. Yet somehow you think that Walter Football are being too critical of the QBs for this draft?

I would EASILY choose to go with Tannehill this year and if he shows signs of being the same old QB or has knee problems then I go into the 2019 draft and look to grab a true stud QB from the SEC or ACC.

How about for Andrew Luck and RGIII? Tell me that they didn't nail the major issues with each player here as well.

Luck is a complete package. He has the size, arm strength and mechanics to be a lethal pocket passer. Luck also has good mobility, a seven yards per carry average in his career, and escapability when he sees a rush. His footwork is phenomenal and he clearly is well-groomed by former head coach Jim Harbaugh. Luck is extremely intelligent. As a result, some question his competitive drive because he is described as somewhat nerdy and focused on his academics, but Luck is a winner and a hard worker that looks like a very safe pick at the top of the draft.

Griffin is not the biggest player, but there is no doubt that he has toughness. Griffin played through a concussion late in the season, and took a lot of big hits when he ran with the ball. One challenge will be fitting Griffin into a pro-style offense. He rarely took the snap from under center, and will need some development at the pro level. However it shouldn't be a problem as Griffin is extremely intelligent. He is known as a high-character individual off the field and a hard worker. Griffin was limited to only three games in 2009 due to a season-ending knee injury, but he looked strong and fast in 2010.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php
Man I wish people would read posts. All I said about Walters was that is a synopsis of strengths and weakness. Which they write up for every althlete. Other poster were using just their weakness to say none of the qbs are elite prospects. And you just pointed out luck. Even he had weaknesses as a can't miss. That was my point. Now I know tanny is going to be the starter but that doesn't deter me in believing these top 4 guys are legit and if anyone falls to 11 we should draft. You said it yourself if tanny reverts to his old self you would want to move on. I'm saying waiting another year is a bad decision. He has had plenty of time to prove himself. How many other qbs get 7 years to prove themselves. And please don't be an sec acc football homer. There are tons of elite players at ever position outside those 2 conferences.

Yep, and I cannot tell you how happy I am that the Jets once again mortgaged their future on getting a QB with the 3rd pick. If the Jets hold true to form ... they just lost 3 or so good players.

This is pretty funny. Word is the Browns outright turned down offers to at least two other teams for the #1. They likely have locked in on ONE quarterback. Other word is Giants have turned down offers for #2 but maybe they are holding out for the best offer after we see who the Browns select. That could depend on which Qb they want, if any. I am guessing they have a preference.

The chances that any of these teams like more than one of these guys are pretty slim, IMO. The chances that the Jets are ok with any of the top 3 is a stretch but they are the Jets.

I would love it if someone (other than Buffalo) jumped to 2 on draft day only to see the Jet's 1 & 2 go off the board. Then do they select a random #3 Qb or get forced into taking a non-QB.

Man I wish people would read posts. All I said about Walters was that is a synopsis of strengths and weakness. Which they write up for every althlete. Other poster were using just their weakness to say none of the qbs are elite prospects. And you just pointed out luck. Even he had weaknesses as a can't miss. That was my point. Now I know tanny is going to be the starter but that doesn't deter me in believing these top 4 guys are legit and if anyone falls to 11 we should draft. You said it yourself if tanny reverts to his old self you would want to move on. I'm saying waiting another year is a bad decision. He has had plenty of time to prove himself. How many other qbs get 7 years to prove themselves. And please don't be an sec acc football homer. There are tons of elite players at ever position outside those 2 conferences.

Man, I wish someone who cried about being made fun of the other day would stop taking shots at other posters who disagree with him.

Man, I wish someone who cried about being made fun of the other day would stop taking shots at other posters who disagree with him.
Dolfan23 my deepest apologies for calling you an sec acc homer. Instead I should have posted fact. The top 6 qb ratings last year at qb. Brady 108.6 Michigan, foles 115.7 arizona, brees 100.8 purdue, big Ben 110.5 Miami u, Newton 105.1 auburn, Smith 116.2 Utah. Only one from the sec and acc combined. Again my apologies.

So you're saying that If you can get a quality end of life cycle vehicle with major flaws like prior accidents, a lack of commitment from the car maker regarding confidence in the vehicle, and vehicles only tested against other inferior cars that you're doing to do it. I get that. It makes little sense with what's coming through the draft in the next 2 years but to each their own.

What also makes little sense here is that even though WF have been spot on with Luck, Tanny, RGIII with weaknesses that are proven at this level, you want to ignore the much larger weaknesses that they have in comparison with the QB that we already have. None of these guys have that "IT" factor, outside of Baker Mayfield and even he has big time question marks. Not to mention what a huge distraction he'd be within the locker room and among the fans were Tannehill not traded or God forbid injured badly again.

If something happens this year and Tannehill re-injures his knee or doesn't show signs of "getting it" then we'll probably be at the top of the draft next year and that will be a far better place to be than having one of this years "top" QBs.

Dolfan23 my deepest apologies for calling you an sec acc homer. Instead I should have posted fact. The top 6 qb ratings last year at qb. Brady 108.6 Michigan, foles 115.7 arizona, brees 100.8 purdue, big Ben 110.5 Miami u, Newton 105.1 auburn, Smith 116.2 Utah. Only one from the sec and acc combined. Again my apologies.

And where do the QB's from USC, UCLA, Oklahoma and Wyoming come in at among the top 50 last year?

Back
Top Bottom