Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes

The idea that any of the 4 best QB prospects this year are "elite" is laughable. Even if the 'best' prospect was there at 11 and we take one all you do is create a controversy at the QB position, while ignoring glaring, several year old problems that can't be filled this year by FA? If one of those so called 'elite' guy's are still there at 11, it tells us that #1 they are not elite, #2 here is our ammo to buy an extra pick or two this year (despite TannenBum). SCOTTY, you can beam me up, just please don't run my draft...LOL

As countless others have said, it's either a LB or Derwin James at pick11, followed by a TE at 2, then likely a RB or second-tier QB at 3.

I think the only guys they like at QB are Rosen and Mayfield (and even that may be a smokescreen to encourage AZ to trade up) - and I think it's all moot as neither one will fall that far.

Even though I'm totally against a QB in rounds 1 or 2, there's no doubt we need to draft a QB in the middle rounds even as high as 3rd round. Again, its because of the scarcity of available free agents. Teams are paying crazy amounts for fill in type guys. The only vets still out there are Matt Moore types. Even Henne signed.

Excuse my reading comprehension, but who did CK say was un-jammable?

Oh, on a side note, I am going to call the name of our offense the "Rhythm method". Shallow, shallow, shallow, shallow, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Shallow, shallow, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Shallow, shallow, shallow, shallow, DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! TOUCHDOWN! (Someone please pass me a cigarette) ;-)
I think he's talking about Grant specifically here.

Im all for taking one of the top qbs at 11, I just don't think they'll be there. I'm like a lot of people very intrigued by Mayfield. I would consider myself a tanny homer at times, I really like the guys and just want him to succeed so bad. But Tanny lack of vocalism makes him look like a so so leader. I am worried about how Ryan bounces back. I just don't think there will be a top qb available at 11. Would y'all be willing to trade back later in the first for lamar Jackson if Mayfield doesn't fall to 11?

The idea that any of the 4 best QB prospects this year are "elite" is laughable. Even if the 'best' prospect was there at 11 and we take one all you do is create a controversy at the QB position, while ignoring glaring, several year old problems that can't be filled this year by FA? If one of those so called 'elite' guy's are still there at 11, it tells us that #1 they are not elite, #2 here is our ammo to buy an extra pick or two this year (despite TannenBum). SCOTTY, you can beam me up, just please don't run my draft...LOL
Lol you guys are such homers. Think there are not elite players drafted after what the 3rd pick?? Lattimore drafted #11, Watson #12 last year...not elite players. Can't draft a qb because it creates controversy? No it creates competition. No let's instead hand the job over uncontested to a 30 year old qb whose had 2 serious injuries preventing him from playing the last 20 games, one who has not shown any inkling of leadership and throws a ton of ints. Right back at ya, very glad you don't run my team.

I would look at TE Troy Niklas, solid athlete with great size, good all around TE. Plenty of talent, hopefully the injury bug is behind him. Maybe we can get him for the right price in FA.

Saying everyone of them has serious questions simply isn't true. They are nothing like locker, gabbert, ponder. It will take a couple years of evidence to prove but I'm willing to revisit. This class will go down as best in 20+ years.

Ummm yeah... first off I'm very aware of his college career and yes it's a miracle that Miami was in a position to grab 1 of 3 QBs who'd possibly be available to us over a 2 year period who we could build around. Just look at Cleveland since then what they've had at QB.

This is by far NOT a great QB class. USC, UCLA, Wyoming, OKlahoma, Pac-10, Big 12, etc. are not NFL caliber QB producing schools.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-recall-history-usc-qbs-nfl-article-1.3236863

Outside of that here's your weaknesses from WalterFootball.

Sam Darnold

He had an up-and-down season with too many turnovers - fumbles were a particular issue beyond the interceptions. Darnold needs to improve his decision-making, eye movement, and confidence. He admitted that confidence was an issue for him in 2017. Earlier in the day of the Trojans' upset loss to Washington State, a scout who was doing tape study of USC quarterback Sam Darnold texted me that they thought Darnold was a good prospect and should end up being a quality starter in the NFL, but he thought Darnold was being overhyped as a "can't miss" elite-quarterback prospect. They felt that Darnold was not better on tape in 2017 than Mitch Trubisky or Deshaun Watson were in 2016.

Josh Rosen - concussion and shoulder surgery

Rosen had a mixed outing in a loss to Stanford in Week 4. Previously, he completed 34-of-56 passes for 463 yards with four touchdowns and two interceptions in a loss to Memphis. Both of his interceptions against the Tigers were bad decisions, and one was returned for a critical pick-six. He was lucky a few more of his passes didn't turn into a few more interceptions.

7/17/17: Rosen completed 59 percent of his passes for 1,915 yards with 10 touchdowns and five interceptions over his six games of 2016 before being sidelined by shoulder surgery. Rosen is a pocket passer, but there is already talk that his character and leadership are lacking. Some team sources have told me that Rosen is disliked by a lot of teammates.

Josh Allen - shoulder problems

Allen will probably be a high pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, but some of his performances in 2017 indicate that he could be a work in progress who will need some developmental time. His completion percentage and interception total from 2016 provide evidence for that assessment, too. Allen has a great skill set, but he needs a lot of grooming for the NFL.

Prior to a three-touchdown game against Texas State, Allen had his third ugly game of the season, even though Wyoming beat Hawaii. He was only 9-of-19 for 92 yards with a touchdown against the Rainbow Warriors. In Week 3 versus Oregon, Allen completed only 9-of-24 passes for 64 yards with an interception. He completed 22-of-32 passes for 328 yards with two touchdowns and zero interceptions against Gardner-Webb.

Baker Mayfield

Mayfield is undersized for the NFL with just average arm strength. He can have issues reading defenses because of his height, throwing into tight windows, and will have a big adjustment in learning to work under center, call plays, and operate a pro-style offense. One big area of improvement for Mayfield is his footwork as he gets happy feet in the pocket. One college scouting director told me that Mayfield's feet are terrible. In speaking to multiple teams, they had second-day grades on Mayfield, but that doesn't mean he won't go in the first round of the 2018 NFL Draft.

7/17/17: In 2016, Mayfield completed 71 percent of his passes for 3,965 yards with 40 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He picked up six rushing touchdowns as well. Improving his field vision, feel, and pocket passing are necessary for Mayfield to have any chance of being an early round prospect. He is a good college quarterback, but not a pro-caliber signal-caller.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2018QB.php

Ummm yeah... first off I'm very aware of his college career and yes it's a miracle that Miami was in a position to grab 1 of 3 QBs who'd possibly be available to us over a 2 year period who we could build around. Just look at Cleveland since then what they've had at QB.

This is by far NOT a great QB class. USC, UCLA, Wyoming, OKlahoma, Pac-10, Big 12, etc. are not NFL caliber QB producing schools.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...-recall-history-usc-qbs-nfl-article-1.3236863

Outside of that here's your weaknesses from WalterFootball.
Again, difference of opinion. I think they are. And the way teams are jumping each other makes me believe many in the NFL do as well. I also love how a Walter pre draft write up is somehow support. Those reports are made to show streghts and weakness on everyone for everyone. Give me a can't miss prospect and I'll post all the weaknesses attached to him.

Lol you guys are such homers. Think there are not elite players drafted after what the 3rd pick?? Lattimore drafted #11, Watson #12 last year...not elite players. Can't draft a qb because it creates controversy? No it creates competition. No let's instead hand the job over uncontested to a 30 year old qb whose had 2 serious injuries preventing him from playing the last 20 games, one who has not shown any inkling of leadership and throws a ton of ints. Right back at ya, very glad you don't run my team.

You always bring up a ton of interceptions and you are always full of crap.

You always bring up a ton of interceptions and you are always full of crap.
Tanny has 66 ints to 106 tds. And in 2016 when all the tanny supports say he was clicking the most had 19 tds and 12 ints! The only crap here is what you homers say to blindly support tanny. Numbers don't lie.

Of course it is true.

Mayfield- size and maturity
Rosen - attitude and durability
Allen - accuracy and level of competition
Darnold - turnovers
Don't forget slow throwing motion for Darnold.

But yeah, completely agree on all of that. What looked like it would develop into a great QB class .... just hasn't, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom