Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here’s where the Dolphins stand at offensive positions and their options to fill holes

So let's say at 11 the qb our franchise considers to be an elite prospect and love is there they should pass on for a LB, just asking.

An elite QB won't be there at 11 and a QB available at 11 isn't elite. Take the LB.

We have Kiko and a 2nd year guy coming off a missed year with an ACL tear and 2 undrafted free agents at LB. There are no LBs left in free agency. How can anybody suggest we do anything else at pick 11 than draft a LB or James at S and use McDonald at LB. We also have no TEs and there's none left in free agency. So we need to spend that 2nd rounder on a TE. The absolutely stupidest thing we can do is draft a QB in the first. Actually there is something stupider, trading up in the 1st by using our 2nd to draft a QB.
This. End of story

An elite QB won't be there at 11 and a QB available at 11 isn't elite. Take the LB.
That's not answering the question - typical. Take a LB over a qb - laughable.

What's so funny? Are you suggesting we take a QB because everybody is taking one. The LB available at 11 is going to be higher rated than any QB at 11. There are about 6,7 teams this year desperate for a QB. Great players will be pushed down. We are not a team desperate for a QB. So take advantage of the situation.

What's so funny? Are you suggesting we take a QB because everybody is taking one. The LB available at 11 is going to be higher rated than any QB at 11. There are about 6,7 teams this year desperate for a QB. Great players will be pushed down. We are not a team desperate for a QB. So take advantage of the situation.
That's not what I'm saying at all. I invite you to read my posts. I've been saying in all them, if one of the top 4 qbs falls to 11 I grab them. That simply. Why - because the top 4 are better than what we have. This is an amazing qb class. I never once said trade up I believe that is a mistake. If all 4 and go then I have always agreed that LB should be our pick. I am a strong believer that qb is indeed a need for our team.

This is not an amazing QB class. They all have their downside. It's just that there are a lot of teams that are desperate this year. Last year was the year to move up. I think KC made a good move and the Texans too.

What he said is completely legitimate. I'll be shocked if any of the top four QBs are there at 11. The LB at 11 will be better value than the fifth best QB prospect in the draft.

What he said is completely legitimate. I'll be shocked if any of the top four QBs are there at 11. The LB at 11 will be better value than the fifth best QB prospect in the draft.
Again please feel free to read any of my posts. I said top 4 prospects: darnold, allen, Rosen or mayfield. If there that is the pick otherwise then yes LB. I have a feeling (maybe it's just hope) that Mayfield is there. If he is then he is by far a better pick than any LB.

This is not an amazing QB class. They all have their downside. It's just that there are a lot of teams that are desperate this year. Last year was the year to move up. I think KC made a good move and the Texans too.
Completely disagree but I respect your opinion. This qb class is one of the best in the last 15 to 20 years. The whole they have a downside argument is very weak. Every single athlete drafted has a down side.

I can’t imagine a scenario where Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield are on the board at #11. I can imagine the scenario where they’ve been selected, along with Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick. That leaves the Dolphins having the good fortune of one of Smith, Edmunds, or James available at #11. I would be completely at peace with one of them.

I can’t imagine a scenario where Darnold, Rosen, Allen, or Mayfield are on the board at #11. I can imagine the scenario where they’ve been selected, along with Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, and Fitzpatrick. That leaves the Dolphins having the good fortune of one of Smith, Edmunds, or James available at #11. I would be completely at peace with one of them.
I can definitely see a scenario where a team grabs either smith, Edmunds or James and not a qb. However Edmunds would be my pick if the four qbs are gone. He is a freak.

I can definitely see a scenario where a team grabs either smith, Edmunds or James and not a qb. However Edmunds would be my pick if the four qbs are gone. He is a freak.

I just think we’re looking at the top-11 including Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Smith, and James.

Maybe Vea or Payne or Ridley or Sutton sneak in there, which again increases the Dolphins chances of getting Smith, Edmunds, or James.

Any way you look at it, we’re going to get a playmaker with speed on defense, I think.

I just think we’re looking at the top-11 including Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Smith, and James.

Maybe Vea or Payne or Ridley or Sutton sneak in there, which again increases the Dolphins chances of getting Smith, Edmunds, or James.

Any way you look at it, we’re going to get a playmaker with speed on defense, I think.
I agree your top 11 are probably the most likely. Hopefully Ridley jumps in there and pushes either (in order) Mayfield, Edmunds or Smith. I would be very very happy with them.

Seriously. Teams will take 4 in the top ten so right off the bat them. Some posters need to get real here. This is a very strong and talented qb class. One of the best in the last 15 to 20 years. If we are lucky and one gets to us at 11 it is a no brainer. Every team starts with a qb ask any winning coach.
Every one of those QBs has serious question marks. That's the reason there is no consensus on which is the best. Could be another Locker, Gabbert, Ponder situation.

Every one of those QBs has serious question marks. That's the reason there is no consensus on which is the best. Could be another Locker, Gabbert, Ponder situation.
Saying everyone of them has serious questions simply isn't true. They are nothing like locker, gabbert, ponder. It will take a couple years of evidence to prove but I'm willing to revisit. This class will go down as best in 20+ years.

Back
Top Bottom