Hey Fiedler Huggers...a doable Qb Upgrade | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Fiedler Huggers...a doable Qb Upgrade

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
By the way this is my new name for the Jay supporters who like to refer to us realist as "Fiedler Bashers".

I keep seeing "Show me a doable QB Upgrade?"

Here it is. Plain and simple.

How do we get a better QB? That's not so hard. You rework veterans contracts, you cut the dead weight (Rodgers, Ruddy, etc) and free the money up. You trade for or sign Griese. He isn't wanted he will come cheap from Denver. The cap experts agree that when the dust settles Miami will have the $$ to sign one or two high profile free agents.

You also draft a young QB. Maybe a Dorsey or Kingsbury. You throw them in and groom them for the future.

When the season starts I like the thoughts of having Griese starting and a talented rookie learning the system for the future.

We will be in better cap shape than last year. We managed to sign Ricky didn't we? There is a way.

I would also take any of these QBs out there instead of Griese:

Plummer
Couch
Holcomb
Bulger
Warner

Of course I know that many of those will not be available, but I would take any of them that would be. Couch or Holcomb may be a possibility as could be Warner or Bulger. Not enough balls to go around for all those guys.

Now here is my counter question...how do you Fiedler Huggers justify Jays pathetic performance the last two games with the season on the line? If you don't have the stats look at my posts or go to NFL.Com and click schedules then go to the games and click on them for game stats.

He threw for terrible yardage and terrible completion ratio. What good does the first five games do you if you can not step up when the team needs you ?

Final point. When Miami signed Carter, Ricky said on his site that he was glad because they "have no leaders on offense". What does that tell you aout your QB?

Sorry but:

JAY MUST GO!

Interesting. So you have solved our QB problem(at least you think you have). Now what about the rest of the team? We need OL, WR help, OLB, nickel and dime backs, a KR/PR, and probably a new punter. With the decent contract that your savior QB is going to want and have to get, where are you going to get the space to get those upgrades? If things were that easy, we'd all be GMs......

Originally posted by fin-atic

You also draft a young QB. Maybe a Dorsey or Kingsbury. You throw them in and groom them for the future.

That shows what you know about QBs. You want Kingsbury, a guy who can throw 5 yards? Or Dorsey (a guy who I actually like and said we should draft but then I got some sense) who can't throw the ball well either and all he has is a football mind but not a QB arm. Saying we should draft one of those two guys wipes out what I think of your evaluation of QBs.

I don't think we have to draft a QB for the future because i think Rosenfels is it, but if the talent is there for the picking, you don't just let it slip. i would love an upgrade over Fiedler, but I just don't think it's the most important spot on this team.

Originally posted by Migs182005
I don't think we have to draft a QB for the future because i think Rosenfels is it, but if the talent is there for the picking, you don't just let it slip. i would love an upgrade over Fiedler, but I just don't think it's the most important spot on this team.

I can't say I have ever seen Rosenfels play a full game because I haven't, the only time I saw him was a preseason game in Japan (in which he did well), but I really don't think he is our QB of the future. I don't think its because he was traded for a 7th round pick, because I know that Washington had too many QBs so the deal made sense for Washington because they would have had to release him. However, I wouldn't call a guy who threw 8 TDs and 12 INTs in his senior year of college a QB for the future. I think he can be a good backup, but I don't think he is a NFL starter. Then again, I can't say this is because I have seen him play multiple times, I am just basing this on stats.

If Rosenfels is our future....I hope we have some studs at WR to make him look good.

lol, I know the numbers don't back it up, but i've seen him perform and he's looked good. Chances are i'm wrong about him being our future, but it's not out of the question. I like him, but he needs more playing time.

Our defense was ranked fourth. Our RB tops in the league.

O line and LB upgrade can be had with free agents and the draft. There are not any high dollar players at those positions in free agency. The ones that are there can be had at a price that will fit.

I bet when you CUT (yes I said cut)Jay, and Rodgers and Ruddy. Rework other deals you will find the money you need.

Also on Oline youu only really need a LT. Lets take lets say. Flozell Adams for conversation sakes. That gi9ves you a line of:

Adams, Dixon, McKinney, Nails, and then Wade.

I think we can live with that line, don't you?

At linebacker, there really isn't alot out there. I agree it's a need, a big need. What is out there will not be too costly.

You guys act like everything is etched in stone and can;t be negotiated. Hell for years, teams like San Francisco, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and recently Washington, have found ways to renegotiate, use incentives, etc. to constantly trade up in the draft, get veteran help etc.

We can do it too. Cap is not as big a problem as you guys keep thinking it is.

The same balls lacking on the field is also lacking in our front office.

Cut Jay? Like that will happen.

Jay Fiedler is better than Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, or any other loser QB in the FA department that wouldn't cost TONS of money to get. Jay is not our problem. You are not a realist, you are just a Fiedler basher.

Re: Re: Hey Fiedler Huggers...a doable Qb Upgrade

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
That shows what you know about QBs. You want Kingsbury, a guy who can throw 5 yards? Or Dorsey (a guy who I actually like and said we should draft but then I got some sense) who can't throw the ball well either and all he has is a football mind but not a QB arm. Saying we should draft one of those two guys wipes out what I think of your evaluation of QBs.

Okay "Mr QB" wiseguy:

What logic do you have against these two guys in the face of their glaring statisitcs? C'mon Mel Kiper jr. lets hear what you briong to the table that is supported by facts.

Worse case scenario is they don't pan out and you look at the draft next year. Hell I am looking at athletes I think will be available not who I want. Is Palmer, or Grossman going to be there at #50? I don't think so.

I would rather have one of them who MAY pan out then Rosenfels. Hell even keep Jay as #2 and place the rookie at #3.

So why don't you bring something to the table dealing with facts and theories rather than be a smart as-s.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
Cut Jay? Like that will happen.

Jay Fiedler is better than Brian Griese, Jake Plummer, or any other loser QB in the FA department that wouldn't cost TONS of money to get. Jay is not our problem. You are not a realist, you are just a Fiedler basher.

Give me some data some facts to suppor this. You can't, no one can. Why? Because its not real.

FOIedler Hugger! Fiedler Hugger!

Hey Great BMarion!!

I bet the other 23 plus players who played each game would love to know Jay won all those games!!

I bet our defense had nothing to do wiht it did it? Or Ricky?

We won inspite of Jay, not because of Jay. Show me one game he has thrown for over 400 yards in? How many over three hundred?

Please don't insult my intelligence with that win record crap. He is lucky to have been carried by our defense and running game for three years.

LMAO, you're in trouble now fin-atic. 984 is busting out the big guns. Let him have it......

Back
Top Bottom