Hey Fiedler Huggers...a doable Qb Upgrade | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Fiedler Huggers...a doable Qb Upgrade

Originally posted by fin-atic
Give me some data some facts to suppor this. You can't, no one can. Why? Because its not real.

FOIedler Hugger! Fiedler Hugger!

Com At Yar C% Y/P At LG TD Int SA Rat
Jay Feidler
CAREER 720 1200 8413 60.0 7.01 74 50 45 70 79.6

Greise
CAREER 1044 1678 11763 62.2 7.01 88 71 53 116 84.1

Stewart
CAREER 1190 2107 13328 56.5 6.33 90 70 72 145 72.3

Plummer
CAREER 1540 2754 17622 55.9 6.40 80 90 114 215 69.0

You wanted facts, so here are few. Only Greise has better stats than Jay has put up. He is less than 5 rating points better than Jay, but he has also had a 1000 yard rusher every year as a starter. He has played with 2 rbs that had pro bowl years while he was starting. He has played with 1 ROY RB winner. He has played with arguable the best TE in the history of the game his first season. Also in 3 of his seasons he has had at least 1 WR elected to the pro bowl. Jay has played with 1 pro bowl RB, end of story. To boot Jay has the highest winning % of any active QB.

Those are all facts. As far as facts go it would be a wash who you piced as your QB between Jay and Brian, but as far as paying for them Jay would be much cheaper.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
And moderators have "ban" power.
i can't ban somebody just because i disagree with what he says. besides, you have to warn a person first! if you don't have a good reason for doing so, AJ gets the feed back!

Typical, typical Fielder Hugger. I challenge you to make your arguments for Fiedler and this is how you respond?? Thats your big shot in the arm for his support?

My you are such a knowledgable fan! How do you do it?
*snicker*giggle*
Let me put it this way. If he was accused of murder and you were his attorney? He would fry!

Please give me more material. This is priceless. I showed your post to a couple people and they laughed almost as hard as I did.

Got anymore?

PS
Fiedler Hugging...is it like therapy?? If so its not working for you.
what on earth are you talking about? you' gotta be mentally challenged to keep raking this over the coals.
go over to the herald board or someplace like that, maybe you won't stir up as much ****!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Ducken
UMMM, excuse me Mr. Natic, but I belive once apon a time we had a QB that never put up great #'s , but seemed to just win, had a great RB, well make that 3. All in all I really don't see a whole lot of difference in the way Bob's team was made up and the way the team of 2002 was made up, other than the fact that Bob's team came to win and shove the ball up places you don't want a football shoved.

Griese was extremely efficient and was even allowed to call his own plays at times. Wanny has even said in an interview that Jay's choices of where to throw the ball after reading a defenses coverage at times has been highly questionable. He misses many open routes and dosen't hold a candle to the precision with which Griese could read and take advantage of a defense. In my opinion you are insulting a hall of fame QB by using this analogy!
One thing I think we can all agree on is that Jay won't be riding into the Hall of Fame anytime in the future! :rolleyes:

Our Defense was ranked 4th but aided in costing us a win at Minnesota and New England...

Win either of those 2 games and we're AFC East Champs...

Being the 4th best Defense means NOT allowing the Patriots back into that game... Stat wise we might have been 4th, but there are more than 3 Defenses that played better than ours...

You forgot the Chiefs T-rock

Fin-atic. I have grown quite tired of your continued attacks on Jay. Your lack of any real conversation on these forums, other than "Jay needs to go" threads, (which you seem to start on a daily basis) has become annoying to say the least.

I don't care if you hate Jay, and if that's your position on where Fiedler stands, fine. However your remarks are borderline inflammatory, and I am sick of reading them. Now you may not care what I, 06, or AJ thinks...but when your pissing off a bunch of our members, I tend to think you might not be the best addition to these forums.

So here is your warning: contribute to these forums in a respectable manner, or get out. There are a lot of other places you can post your dribble about Jay, but I for one am tired of it.

We know how you feel...we know EXACTLY how you feel...now lay off.

Personally, I would love to see us upgrade any position we can, including Fiedler, but it has to be in context with the rest of the team.

That's how I feel...end of discussion. Now you have a choice...make it.

man i was all ready to bring some facts to the table and bash what fin-atic said halfway through the thread, but it seems you have all done the work for me...hahaha

i am not pro or anti fiedler....would i like an upgrade? of course i would.....i'd love an upgrade at DE end too......but it isn't feasible....of course i want ALL-PRO players at every position, but i live in the real world and realize it isn't possible.....

i can live with fiedler at his cost....but i couldn't live with a moderate upgrade at a much higher cost or risk....

fiedler is a long ways away from being problem numero uno with this franchise....

Plummer - What, you want to see MORE interceptions???
Couch - Not happening... And he sucks, basically...
Holcomb - Not leaving the Browns...
Bulger - Injuried... Who knows the degree...
Warner _ You're not serious, are you??? He's about as mobile as a Battleship... Behind our line, which isn't quite a great pass blocking line, he'd be dead in a week...

I cannot find Griese's or Plummer's record, but I know Jay's is better, but I can do this.

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/sta...=off&league=nfl&order=true&season=2&year=2002

This year he was ranked 15th in the league, you take out the Buffalo game, and he would be ranked #6(!) in the league with a rating of 87.8.

http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/sta...s=off&league=nfl&qual=true&season=2&year=2001

Last year he was rated #13 in the league, still in the top 20.

He's done it the last two years he has been here.

Jay Fiedler is an above average Quarterback.

KB13, go away.

"The first thing you have to look at is we threw the second-least passes in the league, and that's because of our production in the running game," Turner said. "Finding good balance is critical. We didn't have a lot of phony yards where we were behind three touchdowns and had to throw for 150 yards in the fourth quarter to end up ranked higher. Most of our passing yards were quality yards and our receptions were quality receptions."

Originally posted by Trekbiz
Griese was extremely efficient and was even allowed to call his own plays at times. Wanny has even said in an interview that Jay's choices of where to throw the ball after reading a defenses coverage at times has been highly questionable. He misses many open routes and dosen't hold a candle to the precision with which Griese could read and take advantage of a defense. In my opinion you are insulting a hall of fame QB by using this analogy!
One thing I think we can all agree on is that Jay won't be riding into the Hall of Fame anytime in the future! :rolleyes:

I was in no way suggesting that Jay is HOF QB, nor was I saying he is as good as Bob. But the point I was trying to make was that Bob never put up great #s and still won, but won by playing smart football. And the Teams of the 70's play with much more heart and determination, than the team of 2002 did with maybe more talent.

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
man i was all ready to bring some facts to the table and bash what fin-atic said halfway through the thread, but it seems you have all done the work for me...hahaha

i am not pro or anti fiedler....would i like an upgrade? of course i would.....i'd love an upgrade at DE end too......but it isn't feasible....of course i want ALL-PRO players at every position, but i live in the real world and realize it isn't possible.....

i can live with fiedler at his cost....but i couldn't live with a moderate upgrade at a much higher cost or risk....

fiedler is a long ways away from being problem numero uno with this franchise....
fin-atic has a right to his own opinion. its just when that opinion is disagreeable to most of this board, why keep bringing it up? i was just letting him know, if he wants to stir up ****, i have a bigger stick than he does!;)

By the way this is my new name for the Jay supporters who like to refer to us realist as "Fiedler Bashers".

I keep seeing "Show me a doable QB Upgrade?"

Here it is. Plain and simple.

How do we get a better QB? That's not so hard. You rework veterans contracts, you cut the dead weight (Rodgers, Ruddy, etc) and free the money up. You trade for or sign Griese. He isn't wanted he will come cheap from Denver. The cap experts agree that when the dust settles Miami will have the $$ to sign one or two high profile free agents.

You also draft a young QB. Maybe a Dorsey or Kingsbury. You throw them in and groom them for the future.

When the season starts I like the thoughts of having Griese starting and a talented rookie learning the system for the future.

We will be in better cap shape than last year. We managed to sign Ricky didn't we? There is a way.

I would also take any of these QBs out there instead of Griese:

Plummer
Couch
Holcomb
Bulger
Warner

Of course I know that many of those will not be available, but I would take any of them that would be. Couch or Holcomb may be a possibility as could be Warner or Bulger. Not enough balls to go around for all those guys.

Now here is my counter question...how do you Fiedler Huggers justify Jays pathetic performance the last two games with the season on the line? If you don't have the stats look at my posts or go to NFL.Com and click schedules then go to the games and click on them for game stats.

He threw for terrible yardage and terrible completion ratio. What good does the first five games do you if you can not step up when the team needs you ?

Final point. When Miami signed Carter, Ricky said on his site that he was glad because they "have no leaders on offense". What does that tell you aout your QB?

Sorry but:

JAY MUST GO!

First off, Griese isn't better than Fiedler. No stats prove he is better, and all his stats are inflated with a better offense.

Secondly, Fiedler's performance wasn't pathetic the last two games. He played good in the Minnesota game, and he wasn't that great in the Patriots game, but he still didn't play horrible, it was just an off-day.

No leaders on offense. Well, if I'm not mistaking, we brought in Carter when Fiedler was HURT. He didn't mean no leaders period, he meant that there were no leaders at the time of our major losing streak.

Sorry, but
JAY MUST STAY!

Back
Top Bottom