Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up!

I have no problem with Henne and believe he is the future. The only problem with Henne is:

1) A baffoon calling the plays.
2) No #1 WR or any deep threat whatsoever.
3) A complete baffoon calling the plays.

Henne seems to get along well with Lee.. everytime Henne is on the sidelines we see him and lee going over the coverages.. IMO they have a very good rapport.. That being said, IMO Lee would be a much better OC than that other moron

:up: I would have no problem with this, in fact, that is the exact person I hope they promote, we don't need to start with a new Coordinator, get someone that's already aware of our Offense, and can add something possitive to it, instead of putting in a severely undersized, confused Rookie QB that just continues to hinder the progress of our offense instead of helping it, just for the sole purpose to prove he was a good pick in the 2nd round.

It's looking like it's time for Henning to hang um up, his career as grandpa might be more successful for him.

According to some experts here if he doesn't throw for 25-30 425 yards 5 TD's 0 picks every game then he isn't our franchise QB. :(

Like I said in a previous thread:

Henne is good at managing a football game, I'll give him that (great for a backup QB or if we have a big lead). But as far as winning, finishing, and putting points on the board he leaves a lot to be desired.

Hopefully he continues to improve so he can take it to the next level. Most interceptions and incompletions were due to the DL putting pressure on Henne and dropped balls. It will be interesting to see when we actually have good WR's how well he plays, until we have proven WR's we'll never know.

lol at comparing Henne to Manning...

What IS wrong with some of you guys? The op was not saying Henne is as good as Manning, he is saying many good qb's start of very slow, and that having a bad game is not the end of the world, especially in this case.

Henne is one of the last guys I blame for what has happened.

Take shots at me to draw attention away from the fact that your argument is flawed...

Let me guess, smoke machines, mirrors, and Ninja flash grenades are next?

lol

You can't start a thread comparing the first 7 starts if Manning vs. Henne then claim "o but I am not comparing QB's"

Anyone could conjure up a multitude of similar "first year QB comparisons" for QB's that went on to suck as a counter argument.

You are simply pointing out the EXCEPTION rather than the rule.

Henne is what he is at this point; mediocre at best.

Hopefully he will improve...

Gosh, cannot argue with that STELLAR logic.

Please list the huge amount of names of QB's that were killing it by their 8th frigin start......

I will help you out, Marino, Rothlesberger.....hmmmm

I will be waiting for your long list, fact is that it takes a while for people to begin to play great at the hardest position in sports, not to mention a wr or two.

In his 1st 6 starts he managed 6td and 14int with a 56.9 passer rating. Guess he wasn't the future huh? No offence but some of you are morons..
Check out John Elways '83 & '84 season. Why anyone is upset at Henne for yesterday is naive. Henne is progessing just fine & at the moment is a solid Qb prospect for the future. The people upset must believe Qb never play poorly, which Henne while not playing great yesterday, did not play poorly.

When Henne starts posting more than 150 yards passing a game, then we can start getting excited. There is no comparison between young QB's like Stafford, Freeman, and the (then young) Manning. You can tell by the way these guys make plays that they will become great QB's once they start making mistakes. Manning threw for 300 yards in his first start. Henne hasn't shown the capability of making enough plays in a game to get close to that.

Besides the Jets game, the only real highlights that you can take from Henne so far is that you can say he atoned for otherwise pedestrian performances by mounting a couple game winning drives. But one drive a game doesn't make a great QB, and we've seen in games like the Saints game, Chargers game, and Bills where Henne hasn't mounted those game winning drives. Maybe if he could be more consistent in moving the chains (with the help of a completely dominant running game) and didn't throw so many passes 15 to 20 yards downfield to nobody in particular, then we would be able to put teams like the Bucs and Bills in their place.

With pretty much every great QB out there, they displayed some kind of great playmaking ability throughout the mistakes. Henne hasn't displayed real playmaking ability, he just displays a rocket arm while seemingly not having any real idea on how to use it (kind of like Byron Leftwich).

I just don't subscribe to the idea that experience will magically teach Henne how to make the plays that he hasn't shown the touch or awareness to make so far. Not coming from a website where many posters wanted to push a QB who took a one win team from a year before and won a talented division, because they tried to tell me that he was the one holding back this team from greatness and that the guy behind him was going to be better because he had a stronger arm.

When Henne starts posting more than 150 yards passing a game, then we can start getting excited. There is no comparison between young QB's like Stafford, Freeman, and the (then young) Manning. You can tell by the way these guys make plays that they will become great QB's once they start making mistakes. Manning threw for 300 yards in his first start. Henne hasn't shown the capability of making enough plays in a game to get close to that.

Besides the Jets game, the only real highlights that you can take from Henne so far is that you can say he atoned for otherwise pedestrian performances by mounting a couple game winning drives. But one drive a game doesn't make a great QB, and we've seen in games like the Saints game, Chargers game, and Bills where Henne hasn't mounted those game winning drives. Maybe if he could be more consistent in moving the chains (with the help of a completely dominant running game) and didn't throw so many passes 15 to 20 yards downfield to nobody in particular, then we would be able to put teams like the Bucs and Bills in their place.

With pretty much every great QB out there, they displayed some kind of great playmaking ability throughout the mistakes. Henne hasn't displayed real playmaking ability, he just displays a rocket arm while seemingly not having any real idea on how to use it (kind of like Byron Leftwich).

I just don't subscribe to the idea that experience will magically teach Henne how to make the plays that he hasn't shown the touch or awareness to make so far. Not coming from a website where many posters wanted to push a QB who took a one win team from a year before and won a talented division, because they tried to tell me that he was the one holding back this team from greatness and that the guy behind him was going to be better because he had a stronger arm.

Ask Marino, Moon and Fouts how all those yards worked out. So just because a qb doesn't throw for 300 yards, he now sucks? I fail to even remotely subscribe to that logic. Now if miami was to get a perennial probowl tight end and number one wideout, then we can talk but not now.

I mean do we forget he is throwing to what many consider to be NFL scrubs? Seriously...

Ask Marino, Moon and Fouts how all those yards worked out. So just because a qb doesn't throw for 300 yards, he now sucks? I fail to even remotely subscribe to that logic. Now if miami was to get a perennial probowl tight end and number one wideout, then we can talk but not now.

I mean do we forget he is throwing to what many consider to be NFL scrubs? Seriously...

Why don't you read a post closely before criticizing it for something that it doesn't even claim. I used Manning throwing for 300 yards in his first start to illustrate his obvious playmaking potential.

I'm well aware that Henne has been held back at times by his WR corps. That doesn't mean that he hasn't left his share of plays on the field by throwing passes that just aren't thrown well enough for any receiver, scrub or not, to catch them. Every QB does this occasionally, but Henne seems to sputter way too freaking often in the middle of the games (when we have leads) when he should be just moving the chains and maintaining the lead. Colts game aside, our problems with teams coming back in the second half have as much to do with our offense not staying on the field and maintaining drives as they do with the defense being bad.

Chad Pennington was able to maintain a consistent passing attack from week 3 on, except for against the Ravens. And this was with the same set of scrub WR's that are on the field now as well as a running game that, wildcat gimmicks aside, really wasn't effective at moving the chains as the hype would make you believe.

Like it or not, Chad Henne isn't better than Chad Pennington, a so-called limited QB, and experience isn't guaranteed to magically make him better.

Manning won fewer games in the entire season than Henne has in his half a season, with better receivers. Give the kid a ****ing break. You expect to have 40 TD's and 5 INT's in his first start with a ****ty team receiver core? You give him one more year and a decent receiver and then you ****in decide how he's doing. How can you call yourself Fin fans and bash every ****in player every day?

I'm not trying to throw Henne under a bus and I'm not rooting against him. I'm just giving a word of warning because I've seen this type of situation with a young QB play out countless times all over the league, and to make the assumption that experience alone is going to transform him from a pedestrian, decent QB to a franchise QB is naive, just like assuming that his strong arm would instantly transform our offense because Pennington was the thing that was holding every player on this offense back.

Please don't throw me in with the "start Pat White" or Tyler Thigpen lot, I'm not that delusional.

I'm not trying to throw Henne under a bus and I'm not rooting against him. I'm just giving a word of warning because I've seen this type of situation with a young QB play out countless times all over the league, and to make the assumption that experience alone is going to transform him from a pedestrian, decent QB to a franchise QB is naive, just like assuming that his strong arm would instantly transform our offense because Pennington was the thing that was holding every player on this offense back.

Please don't throw me in with the "start Pat White" or Tyler Thigpen lot, I'm not that delusional.

This pretty well sums it up. So far Henne has shown that could be a Jon Kitna or Trent Dilfer. He's young, he should get better, he will put up better numbers with better receivers. However, I don't really see this guy getting to that iconic "franchise QB" tag. Fingers crossed, but I haven't seen that yet.

Back
Top Bottom