Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hey Henne haters, take a look at P. Mannings 1st year game by game stats and shut up!

Henne is hamstrung by poor receivers and a near outdated offensive philosophy. He's being instructed to play it safe too much and do exactly as he is told. The Parcells MO is to run the ball often, shorten the game, convert 3rd and shorts, score in the 20s and have a fresh 4th quarter defense close out the game.

This philospohy worked last year when we had the wildcat working, Pennington managing the conversions, and strong 4th quarter finishes.

Unfortunately this year, it's not working, but it is more of a talent issue than anything else. Henne is also nowhere near the manager Pennington is. We don't have the receivers that can make great grabs, an offensive philospophy that attacks through the air, or defense that can hold back any passing game.

Henne has been decent but nowhere near as good as I would have hoped. I'd take his mediocre stats if he had flashed 8/10 the talent Manning has. I don't care what Manning's stats were his first year. I saw a franchise Qb and a system. Henne is no system and will never be with this regime.

I don't hate Henne. I like him.

However, this way of making a point is proven to be flawed.

We've tried this with Jason Allen and Ted Ginn.

While it has a certain ammount of merit, it's inherently flawed.

Henne can make the throws necessary to be successful in this league. Pre-Bills game I though he was progressing gradually step by step with decision making. He regressed but it was only one game vs. a good secondary. The Jills have issues but their DBs are not among their most glaring issues.

No, we should not necessarily compare Henne to any future HOF qb right now. A general comparison among most every qb is the struggles of a first time starter. Or, if they surprise the first year the second year will get them as DCs adjust to attack weaknesses. See Ryan and Flacco this year. We have not seen enough to hold a judgement that is harsh nor glowing.

Henne can make the throws necessary to be successful in this league. Pre-Bills game I though he was progressing gradually step by step with decision making. He regressed but it was only one game vs. a good secondary. The Jills have issues but their DBs are not among their most glaring issues.

No, we should not necessarily compare Henne to any future HOF qb right now. A general comparison among most every qb is the struggles of a first time starter. Or, if they surprise the first year the second year will get them as DCs adjust to attack weaknesses. See Ryan and Flacco this year. We have not seen enough to hold a judgement that is harsh nor glowing.

The thing to remember is that even if he is not having a Ryan or Flacco-like first year, he is still compiling tape which NFL D coordinators are going to be finding weaknesses on. I can surely spot a couple weaknesses right now, and while these are things he may fix, he's still going to be challenged on them no matter what his success rate this year, because opposing coordinators are going to want to win against him.

Agree thAt most fans are nieve and impatient. Hennes first batch of starts, he'll need more time. Next season will paint a better picture. STOP BEING SO ****ING IMPATIENT. Growing pains, thats all.

In his 1st 6 starts he managed 6td and 14int with a 56.9 passer rating. Guess he wasn't the future huh? No offence but some of you are morons.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00/gamelog/

EDIT: Because there are people in this world that need warnings labels telling them that coffee is hot I apparently need to go back and add this disclaimer to the thread.

This is not about comparing Henne to Manning, its just pointing out that young QB's even the greats have rough starts to their careers. So be patient and let the guy take his lumps before you pass judgment. A year from now we will have a better idea what we have in him.

I'm not a Henne hater by any means. Manning still had 26 TDs that year though ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8bzZEtOcb8

Bet on him, YOU'LL GO BROKE!
Cuz Chad Henne is a mother ****ing joke!
Chad Henne is a dick! A mother ****ing dick!
A ****ed up suck up nasty whiney prick!
He can't get a chick, when he ****s he cums too quick!
Cuz Chad Henne is a mother ****ing dick!

I like Henne but I like that song more

Back
Top Bottom