Honest Question: Would we have won with Ajayi? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Honest Question: Would we have won with Ajayi?

Really depends. Was it going to be another 200 yarder? Seems like Jay would either single handedly win games or would have 0 impact. Wasnt a lot of middle ground with him

Hell no we wouldn't have won and our O looked better without his 1 dimensional, pass dropping, no pass protecting ass in there! EVERY short yardage run situation was converted, either by Drake or Grey at FB. The passing game to the RBs is much better than Ajayi hitting the wrong hole trying to always hit the home run, not knowing the play, or his stone hands tipping passes in the air!

Hell no we wouldn't have won and our O looked better without his 1 dimensional, pass dropping, no pass protecting *** in there! EVERY short yardage run situation was converted, either by Drake or Grey at FB. The passing game to the RBs is much better than Ajayi hitting the wrong hole trying to always hit the home run, not knowing the play, or his stone hands tipping passes in the air!

Saved me typing similar response myself - this. Offense looked better without him - and I really liked the guy.

you can't cherry pick one change and wish or think we would have won...if you change ONE thing you change EVERYTHING....yes the results would have definitely been different...but there would have been changes on the other side of the ball too...If's and but's don't change a thing...this team has the talent to win games...they just don't...they don't play well and don't play well together...lack of team effort and lack of execution, being ill-prepared before the game and unable to or unwilling to make key adjustments during the game is what I see and it's a bad recipe for success...

He didnt run that well any other game this season. So im going with probably not

Probably would not have fumbled the ball plus the threat of a real running game would have opened up the offense for more long passes. We have lost 3 things with the Ajayi trade, the run, the long pass and the defense on the field longer. That usually spells a loss

Probably would not have fumbled the ball plus the threat of a real running game would have opened up the offense for more long passes. We have lost 3 things with the Ajayi trade, the run, the long pass and the defense on the field longer. That usually spells a loss

No, but we would have lost any threat the RB has in the passing game, we would have had an RB with a penchant for tipping the defense off with his body language and we would have had many series stalled because he wanted to bounce the ball outside and lose 4 yards in the process. Who knows if the outcome of the game would have been different, but sending that brain-dead fool packing made the offense look the best it has all season. The Dolphins have no room for selfish players who are too stupid to pick up the offense after two seasons.

all I know is ajayi was in the philly building for less than 5 days and he was able to pick up their offense enough to play and get almost 10 carries

all I know is ajayi was in the philly building for less than 5 days and he was able to pick up their offense enough to play and get almost 10 carries

Much easier to do when you are not counted on to be the every down guy and are only playing spot duty.

No, but we would’ve won with Tannehill.

tannehill would have been the difference
Come on guys really? Who is to say? There is no evidence either way plus he is out for the season.

Since no one can say so definitively either way, the most appropriate method for answering this question is to compare what Drake and Williams did to Ajayi's average game this year.

That won't tell you definitively either way, either, but it'll give you a rough likelihood.

My guess is no.
Why don't you crunch some number and give us the results? Maybe that way I can put my shoe on the right foot.

Probably not.

Though I think its debatable that we would have won if Landry hadn't committed that holding penalty on the long Damien Williams catch and run.

Back
Top Bottom