hoops scoops...jags miami | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...jags miami

do you think lead blocker on kickoffs is a big enough contribution to warrant a roster spot? personally, i'm not sure the kick returner himself is a big enough contribution to be kept solely for the purpose of special teams. i like kick returners who can contribute another way as well. needless to say, i'd like to see the lead blocker on kickoffs to have another role, too.

no i don't...but wouldn't you think someone would be getting those reps in camp and the preseason instead??? at some point someone else would be back there in his place...we haven't seen it yet...the longer he goes back there the more likely i think he's on the 53...do i think it's worth it though??? no...i don't think this offense needs a lead fullback or true fullback either...we got options with keller and clay that are more dynamic...and you got what looks like is the making of a good single back short yardage and goalline option battering ram in jonas gray...

no i don't...but wouldn't you think someone would be getting those reps in camp and the preseason instead??? at some point someone else would be back there in his place...we haven't seen it yet...the longer he goes back there the more likely i think he's on the 53...do i think it's worth it though??? no...i don't think this offense needs a lead fullback or true fullback either...we got options with keller and clay that are more dynamic...and you got what looks like is the making of a good single back short yardage and goalline option battering ram in jonas gray...

fair point. i'm not sure what level of expertise it takes to be a lead blocker on special teams, but we could have at least tried someone else. in the end, that still wouldn't make me keep Lane over another player that could help us out more.

taking another look now just keying the oline pouncey looks very good to me...so damn athletic...the issues are on the right side...clabo gets beat on a stunt where he needs to pick up the coming around dt that should be an easy pick up considering how seasoned a vet he is and he misses some things in the run game at the los that frankly as a right tackle he needs to get to and sustain better contact...right tackle and right guard

tannehill leaves the pocket a clean pocket at that on the td throw to keller for really no reason...i just think he's too skittish...stand in and deliver...he throws a ball in the flat to keller where the coverage down the field probably dictates the check down but he just bails on anything down the field very early when he has keller in the flat anytime he wants it and worse is back pedaling after his drop for no reason with no one within 5 yards of him defender wise...stand in the pocket set your feet and fire...i don't know if all that pressure in camp we kept hearing about has gotten in his head or what but he's getting happy feet when he doesn't need to...

samuda got pulled after the quick pressure from the right guard dt dump off to miller...staff not happy with his work to that point in pass pro...can't say i blame em...garner the replacement

i think i might be seeing a guy that is in for some reps with the 2's in the next preseason game at left tackle in will yeatman...he looks very good in this jags game...very athletic moves very well...problem is though all his reps come against the oppositions 3's...hell he doesn't get a snap til the 4th quarter...that's an athlete on the move though and his feet look pretty good...

give him a bump this week to 2nd team left tackle...it's not like we got any other options...

yeatman struggled with power rush and lacked the abilty to anchor or recover when guys got under his pad level against the cowboys...got walked back into the qb mutliple times...definitely needs work there...but athletically that's a left tackle tools player all the way...serious athlete

one to watch in the texans game...

why is thigpen getting so few snaps ? ,i really like bumphis as our slot wr and prob #5 wr , but i also feel when we get down to the 53 ,thigpen could do a duel role of returner and #5 wr [slot]it would save a roster place for some where else , but it would mean unfortunately bumphis wouldnt make it , harsh i know !!

why is thigpen getting so few snaps ? ,i really like bumphis as our slot wr and prob #5 wr , but i also feel when we get down to the 53 ,thigpen could do a duel role of returner and #5 wr [slot]it would save a roster place for some where else , but it would mean unfortunately bumphis wouldnt make it , harsh i know !!

they know what they got in thiggy...returner and slot option wr in a pinch...personally i would keep bumphis also...those 2 guys would be on my 53

they know what they got in thiggy...returner and slot option wr in a pinch...personally i would keep bumphis also...those 2 guys would be on my 53

Do you cut Tyms though to keep Bumphis? If Rishard Matthews is safe at WR, and they are calling Thigpen a WR for roster purposes as has been suggested, we'd have to have 6 WR on the roster just to keep one of Tyms or Bumphis. IMHO it will come down to who they think they can sneak onto the practice squad. I think either one would get poached though anyway. Both are starting to show pretty good potential. We are a world better at WR this year vs. last year. Makes me wish we had never signed Gibson, but I do think he will be a solid contributor for us.

Do you cut Tyms though to keep Bumphis? If Rishard Matthews is safe at WR, and they are calling Thigpen a WR for roster purposes as has been suggested, we'd have to have 6 WR on the roster just to keep one of Tyms or Bumphis. IMHO it will come down to who they think they can sneak onto the practice squad. I think either one would get poached though anyway. Both are starting to show pretty good potential. We are a world better at WR this year vs. last year. Makes me wish we had never signed Gibson, but I do think he will be a solid contributor for us.

i go with 5 definite wrs mathews and bumphis being #4 and #5...i think the plan it to stash tyms on the p squad and if they hide him enough these next 3 games i think they can do it...for me at least though he's the guy i'd keep as the 6th wr if i kept 6...but he's raw enough that you may be able to stash him...for my money though tyms is one of the best 53 players out there...and the upside is there...tyms has also though been getting a lot of specials run thus far in the preseason his standing is rising for sure...it's a little dicey if you cut him no one claims him and develops him...

tyms is the only other wr in the building they have to make a decision on...

egnew while much improved in line still hasn't gotten any reps against guys who will play on sundays yet...i'd say he's a pretty distant 4th in the te depth chart...and if you still aren't separating against 3's in your routes it's hard to envision you doing much as a pass receiver...egnews physicality has kicked it up a notch he drives into lbs to try and create separation prior to his cuts etc but you still see guys contesting balls cause he doesn't separate...

it's not exactly a good mix... if he makes it i bet he's inactive barring injury...i would go to war with keller clay and sims...

I thought I saw Egnew line up as a FB against the Cowboys in the second half did anyone else see that?

i think they also want to p squad the aj francis kid at dt and both the foreign name de's...#66 and #69...i would develop those 3 players on the p squad...the tristan kid for sure...not sure yet who i'd try to stash at db...kyle miller isn't making the 53 but he could be stashed...i bet they stash the adams kid the ot or burden one or the other...and probably brenner up front...tyms if they do cut him and keenan davis at wr...

there's your likely p squad candidates minus the dbs...

I thought I saw Egnew line up as a FB against the Cowboys in the second half did anyone else see that?

yes i did see that...gave him a snap like clay or keller in the backfield in i form if i recall correctly

the bubble guys they have to make tough decisions on are egnew gray yeatman tyms spitler freeny lance louis (hasn't been a full go yet) jerry vaughn martin garner rj sanford mcnutt (i can't rule it out after we kept legedu naanee last year although it should be an easy cut) javorskie lane and evan rodriguez

dallas thomas gets a red shirt year and makes the 53...jelani jenkins makes it trusnick makes it...bumphis makes it...gillislee makes it...carroll makes it...mccray makes it...jimmy wilson makes it...shelby makes it...kheeston randall makes it...mathews makes it...

what i would do is keep jon jerry keep garner still undecided on yeatman i don't know if i'd want to give up on that kind of athlete potential at left tackle already and i can't p squad him...cut freeny cut spitler...undecided on sanford...cut mcnutt cut lane and rodriguez keep gray keep egnew keep vaughn martin...lance louis if he isn't full go and i mean 100 percent by the dress rehearsal preseason game i'd cut him also...a guy that doesn't suit up isn't worth anything

Hoops, lot of talk about DT looking better this year (two new threads in VP devoted at least in part to him). I've still only seen the highlights of the Jags game. Do you see a different DT?

Back
Top Bottom