hoops scoops...jags miami | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hoops scoops...jags miami

Hoops, lot of talk about DT looking better this year (two new threads in VP devoted at least in part to him). I've still only seen the highlights of the Jags game. Do you see a different DT?

different??? i don't know about that...but he's played well...i don't know how though given his running style and how upright he is he can be an effective short yardage and goalline back...i think that's jonas grays gig

what i do see though in d thomas is a guy who looks like he's the lead dog as the 2nd back to lamar miller...without question...he's not playing when he is for a trade showcase in these preseason games...he has no trade value off last year...he's always had good feet for his size...and he seems to be the preferred back in pass pro...

looks like the run away 2nd back and split carries guy with lamar miller...and if miller gets hurt the first guy to get the starting job...

i think what will happen is we keep all 4 rbs and gillislee is inactive on game day...gray active for short yardage and goalline...miller and d thomas get the rest of the work

different??? i don't know about that...but he's played well...i don't know how though given his running style and how upright he is he can be an effective short yardage and goalline back...i think that's jonas grays gig

what i do see though in d thomas is a guy who looks like he's the lead dog as the 2nd back to lamar miller...without question...he's not playing when he is for a trade showcase in these preseason games...he has no trade value off last year...he's always had good feet for his size...and he seems to be the preferred back in pass pro...

looks like the run away 2nd back and split carries guy with lamar miller...and if miller gets hurt the first guy to get the starting job...

i think what will happen is we keep all 4 rbs and gillislee is inactive on game day...gray active for short yardage and goalline...miller and d thomas get the rest of the work

Do you see a guy who can average 4.2-4.5 (rather than 3.5) and can protect himself? His running style should be a good fit for the ZBS. It's just a matter of whether or not he sucks and whether or not he can stay healthy. I want to be optimistic about DT. If he starts playing up to his draft position (or even in that neighborhood), it'd go a long way.

I know its just preseason but ive been a little disappointed by gillislee, I heard so many good things when we drafted him ... Looks a bit meh to me so far

I cut the two FB's, think Gray can play some there along with Clay. I put Gillislee on the practice squad, have seen nothing from him.

I know its just preseason but ive been a little disappointed by gillislee, I heard so many good things when we drafted him ... Looks a bit meh to me so far

It would not shock me if we signed a vet RB, depending on who comes available. I know that the team likes Miller and Thomas but, the concussions are a real concern. I like Gray more than I thought I would but, if we keep 4 RB's (not including Thig) I prefer someone other than Gillislee.

man its a lack of talent. spitler is down right awful, and seems afraid of contact. how he has made the team for four year is beyond me. I don't care if he has been ok on st he is awful. if Ellerbe goes down and misi cant play middle we are in trouble

You are 100% correct.....Spitler at LB is awful, if he plays da Phinz are in big trouble :-(

Do you see a guy who can average 4.2-4.5 (rather than 3.5) and can protect himself? His running style should be a good fit for the ZBS. It's just a matter of whether or not he sucks and whether or not he can stay healthy. I want to be optimistic about DT. If he starts playing up to his draft position (or even in that neighborhood), it'd go a long way.

i will take another look and tell you but my thoughts on him after last season is he's gonna stay hurt...i doubt that's changed...but i will let you know what i see...

I cut the two FB's, think Gray can play some there along with Clay. I put Gillislee on the practice squad, have seen nothing from him.

x2 Like Hoops has been saying. This offense is better off with someone a little dynamic at FB on the few plays they are going to need a two back set. Save the roster spot for somebody who will make some plays for you. Ideally Clay is your guy, but I haven't been blown away by his blocking at FB. I think the coaching staff seems set on having a full time FB on the roster though.

i havent seen much from gillislee either but i think he's making this roster...this year at least...he better realize that in the pros when you catch a ball you better get up to speed...i saw him catch a screen i think it was and he was trying to juke air it seemed like and he got ran down from the backside like a stampede...

that guy can do a lot of things thus i coined him a a jack of all trades as a prospect but nothing he does is special...he also plays rb like a wr with his style...something off about it to me

runs with no power...reminds me of joe mcknight...

Last edited by a moderator:
i will take another look and tell you but my thoughts on him after last season is he's gonna stay hurt...i doubt that's changed...but i will let you know what i see...

That's why you're the man. And I have the same impressions. Just gives the D way too much to hit.

x2 Like Hoops has been saying. This offense is better off with someone a little dynamic at FB on the few plays they are going to need a two back set. Save the roster spot for somebody who will make some plays for you. Ideally Clay is your guy, but I haven't been blown away by his blocking at FB. I think the coaching staff seems set on having a full time FB on the roster though.

I have not seen much of Gray's blocking but, it is tuff to get out the way of a big bowling ball. :) Leach would have been a different story, and I really wanted to sign Bradshaw. Either one would have made a difference. Oh well, on the the bowling ball who scores TD's.

i havent seen much from gillislee either but i think he's making this roster...this year at least...he better realize that in the pros when you catch a ball you better get up to speed...i saw him catch a screen i think it was and he was trying to juke air it seemed like and he got ran down from the backside like a stampede...

that guy can do a lot of things thus i coined him a a jack of all trades as a prospect but nothing he does is special...he also plays rb like a wr with his style...something off about it to me

runs with no power...reminds me of joe mcknight...

IF we have an injury to Miller or DT, no way I trust him to split snaps. Not sure I trust Gray either.

IF we have an injury to Miller or DT, no way I trust him to split snaps. Not sure I trust Gray either.

if that happened i would probably promote gray barring a street vet signing...gray can do a little more than goalline and short yardage it's just not a dynamic option...

only dynamic option is really lamar miller...

if that happened i would probably promote gray barring a street vet signing...gray can do a little more than goalline and short yardage it's just not a dynamic option...

only dynamic option is really lamar miller...

I really like Miller, and DT to a lessor degree. However, neither has proven that they are NFL starters, Gray is trying to impress, and Gillislee has not.

Should we be looking for a vet off of final cuts? I think so.

i struggle with vaughn martins slot...he looks like the 5th dt to me if he got any run at end it would likely be shelbys in the 2 deep de...i'm just not sure i see an active spot on game day barring injury...that said if starks knee last into regular season prep its a no brainer you keep him...although i get the feel aj francis is opening some eyes...

if vaughn martins inactive he might as well not be on your 53...

Back
Top Bottom