hooshoops prospect takes... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

hooshoops prospect takes...

Hoops, I read an article on Keenan Allen being more of a possession WR then a true playmaker. Thoughts?

i disagree with that but it's important that he runs in the mid 4.5's i'd say...and i think he will...

is this thread still live? I keep checking but it seems to have fizzled out?

patience grass hopper...got a lot of things on my plate these days...here's a little taste off what i saw yesterday and this week...also as we get closer to the draft my input in this thread will pick up significantly...senior bowl week combine etc i'll be adding heavy content...right now i'm just watching a lot of tape and forming opinions...

cb desmond trufant put together a nice game tape for nfl scouts against wash st friday...i knew the kid could play press man at a solid level but he was very good in off man as well...putting his foot in the ground and driving on the football in off coverages and getting hands on the ball in the red zone on quick in hitters etc had a tendency to squat at times on a few things and got called for some ticky tack pi calls but i liked the aggressiveness and ball awareness he brought to the table...showed off some solid tackling skills also for the position...i'm getting more and more comfortable with him as a top 2 round pick these days...

cb xavier rhodes ehhh...looks like a lot of hype to me...rarely rallied to the ball i didn't see plus feet for the boundary or quick twitch acceleration and explosion he looked like he didn't want anything to do with contact for much of the game against florida this is yet another game that i've looked at of his where i fail to see what the big deal is...other than the great size for the position i just don't see it...i'm passing with a high round pick

robert woods runs some damn good routes...i think he'd fit this o perfectly...he just comes across as a very smart football player and wr...and i think i saw a little more burst yesterday in the way he got off the ball and threatened dbs cushions down the field...he's gonna win a lot of one on one matchups against nfl dbs but will he give us the true playmaker this o needs and red zone win wr it covets??? i don't know...i just know whoever gets that guy is gonna be pretty happy if they don't look at him as the alpha dog...

tyler eiferts the cream at the te position as far as down the seam and flexed out and he's gonna be aday 1 contributor cause he's not terrible in line and can provide some kick out blocks etc...i like his ability to be flexed out and he's a true mismatch and would look great in miami...but again i bet he goes late round 1 and does miami really give up on clay who is coming on of late or egnew already??? i doubt it...but if it's te i'm going eifert if i got a choice

uva left tackle oday aboushi just continues to give me a good feeling about his pro upside...i think in a year or two once he works on that body and upper body strength he can play a very solid zbs left tackle...top 50-75 pick who needs some development and time but i like his future...good feet very smart and gets to the 2nd level and can pull and make solid sustained contact...lack of strength though shows at times

Johnthan Banks was roasted up and down the field again last night in the Egg Bowl. He's had some rough games lately.

Whats you guys thoughts on DJ Swearinger? Love the guy. Plays hard. He gets some silly personal foul penalties, but I think thats part of why I like him so much :lol:

[video=youtube;5LEi_-C9IVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LEi_-C9IVo[/video]

Apparently Swearinger ran up to Tajh Boyd during warmups before the game and knocked the ball out his hand and went back to SC's side :lol:

If he did thats ****in' hilarious :lol:

If you watched the video I posted, its very believeable. Dude got a personal foul on 3 consecutive plays but the last one was at the end of a pick 6. DJ Swearinger in a nutshell :lol:

MonsterHit_original-1.gif

This is a great thread hoops. What do you think of Matt Barkley? Is one rough year enough to write him off? He seems to be on a different place on every early draft board I see.

This is a great thread hoops. What do you think of Matt Barkley? Is one rough year enough to write him off? He seems to be on a different place on every early draft board I see.

he still had a great year, but his stock has taken a bit of a hit due to USC drastically underachieving. He's no longer seen as the lock number 1 pick in the draft (and in some cases not even the top QB), but I think he's still a lock to be a top 5 pick, and probably the number 1 pick. KC, Oakland, Arizona, Buffalo, and Jets all need a QB. As of right now there are 3 guys with first round grades; Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, and Tyler Wilson. Guys like Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray, Logan Thomas (due to potential), and Tajh Boyd could make things interesting.

Barkley has become somewhat of a victim to overexposure. It usually happens to a top QB prospect when they turn down the NFL and come back for another year.

In terms of being overrated and overhyped, there's a long line of folks on his USC squad that I'd place ahead of him.... including some coaches.

Back
Top Bottom